Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

47 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I feel like this should be Gray's last chance. Can he show something more under Rodgers for the run in? If he can't, we need to bin him and look to buy Bowen/Mendez/Neres/someone of their potential quality.

There is a lot of talk about selling Maguire/Chilwell to raise funds. But we have other assets like Gray and a couple others we could sell before having to resort to selling our best players...

If Solanke went for 19mill and Ibe for 15mill, Gray should command about 25million lol.

55 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

There is a lot of talk about selling Maguire/Chilwell to raise funds. But we have other assets like Gray and a couple others we could sell before having to resort to selling our best players...

If Solanke went for 19mill and Ibe for 15mill, Gray should command about 25million lol.

Only if we sell to Bournemouth :ph34r:

The thing is, selling Maguire/Chilwell would leave funds left over once we brought in their replacement, whereas someone like Neres would actually cost more than what we'd get from Gray.

That said, you're right. Rather sell Gray than either of the above.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I feel like this should be Gray's last chance. Can he show something more under Rodgers for the run in? If he can't, we need to bin him and look to buy Bowen/Mendez/Neres/someone of their potential quality.

There’s a fantastic player in there somewhere and if anyone can find it, Brendan can. ‘Last chance’ sounds a little bit harsh though his output hasn’t been great or consistent enough. I’d like to keep him to see him develop; but if anyone comes in for him for silly money then I’d be happy to sell instead of another major player like Chilwell, Maguire or Maddison. 

We have to be fair to him though - he’s still very young, English and hungry to succeed. To get 180 appearances by the age of 22 - 100 of which in the Premier League - is very impressive. I just hope Brendan can find that brilliant player in there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

There’s a fantastic player in there somewhere and if anyone can find it, Brendan can. ‘Last chance’ sounds a little bit harsh though his output hasn’t been great or consistent enough. I’d like to keep him to see him develop; but if anyone comes in for him for silly money then I’d be happy to sell instead of another major player like Chilwell, Maguire or Maddison. 

We have to be fair to him though - he’s still very young, English and hungry to succeed. To get 180 appearances by the age of 22 - 100 of which in the Premier League - is very impressive. I just hope Brendan can find that brilliant player in there. 

One things quite clear, if he doesnt improve his goals and assists contribution then he will be disposed of. He's on 4 goals and a couple of assists I think which is a minor improvement on last season although theoretically he is now a main player whereas last season Mahrez and Albrighton were ahead of him. 

What works in his favour is Rodgers wanted him at Liverpool as a teenager so he has a soft spot for him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Honestly think we would be mad if we didn't try and get Ryan Fasier. The guys stats are unreal this year. 

Some crackin' players in Bournemouth's squad. Frasier and Brooks really suit them well. 

Fraiser is a great shout because he actually scores and assists from a wide position. Our wingers have been getting away with too much and I'm glad Rodgers has picked up on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

This ones come round again mentioning would be a great signing for Leicester, my worry tho he’d see more of the Physios bench than game time as the lad always seems to get injured tripping over the wrong type of Leaf ??

https://www.flaminghairdryer.com/2019/03/120k-a-week-striker-once-managed-by-rodgers-would-be-ideal-signing-for-leicester.html

Just for the record,what is the best type of leaf to trip over on?

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2019 at 18:39, Fox92 said:

If we want a deep lying midfielder who can pick a pass then we should be looking at Mooy.

I like Mooy. I like his range of passing and his composure. 

Alas, I think he’s just too slow for the Premiership. He could probably get by in a side near the base of the table but we are looking for more than that now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Doesn’t seem to have taken long for Rodgers to decide who he needs for the squad

I'd imagine what we needed is that obvious, the list drawn up over this season is still relevant. Backup left back, creative mid, striker, maybe a winger.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Doesn’t seem to have taken long for Rodgers to decide who he needs for the squad

Or he does not rate Macia?

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd imagine what we needed is that obvious, the list drawn up over this season is still relevant. Backup left back, creative mid, striker, maybe a winger.

Agree - but I suspect the more difficult agenda is shifting out the pile of dead-wood under contract. There will not be queues forming to sign our unwanted.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Agree - but I suspect the more difficult agenda is shifting out the pile of dead-wood under contract. There will not be queues forming to sign our unwanted.

Most of the ‘deadwood’ are out of contracts methinks - Fuchs, Morgan, Simpson, Shinji; James needs moving out or sent on a season long loan somewhere until his contract ended in 22, King needs to go, Silva should hopefully be easy to move to Monaco, hopefully. Slimani also needs to be moved on permanently.

That’s 8 players I can think of off the top of my head that need to be moved on. Amartey can be a decent backup right back. I think we need a backup left back, a winger and a backup striker. Give Morgan an extension for a laugh.

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Most of the ‘deadwood’ are out of contracts methinks - Fuchs, Morgan, Simpson, Shinji; James needs moving out or sent on a season long loan somewhere until his contract ended in 22, King needs to go, Silva should hopefully be easy to move to Monaco, hopefully. Slimani also needs to be moved on permanently.

That’s 8 players I can think of off the top of my head that need to be moved on. Amartey can be a decent backup right back. I think we need a backup left back, a winger and a backup striker. Give Morgan an extension for a laugh.

Yep about right. Need to add Jako to the list as we have cover for a third choice keeper.  Morgan can stay at a reduced salary and providing he does not hold back any of the youngsters and in particular Benkovic. Although Rogers rates Filip highly, so 'Dragovic the sequel' is unlikely to happen.   Slimani and James will be the real tests for Rudders.  Pay off and cut losses may be?