Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Just now, North Leeds Fox said:

For me, Bailey or someone of that ilk, sanson and then Gary Cahill, know that might sound mad, but it gives soyuncu and benkovic another season to get minutes and then got a reliable replacement to keep us solid before promoting both of them next season. 

Don`t disagree - but hasn't Bailey been toilet recently? Would rather get an ambitious Lozano if at all possible.

If Zaha was considering Everton, surely he’d consider us. slap £60 million on the table and you have a winger. I dunno whether this late on in the window I trust someone from abroad. Look at Slimani, Silva, Soyuncu... all the late arrivals from abroad seem to find it hard to adapt quick. 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don`t disagree - but hasn't Bailey been toilet recently? Would rather get an ambitious Lozano if at all possible.

Yeah, he had a poor season. But that was a second season syndrome in Germany where he was overshadowed by Kai havertz who is sensational. Yeah I like the idea of Lozano, but it's always a slight risk buying from Holland but would not say no though haha 

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Do we have enough time to push through 2/3 deals before Thursday next week. I hope so 

We got Ghezzal, Benkovic and Soyuncu in the final 5 days of last year's window.

If FIFA weren't such arses we'd have got both Silva and Dragovic done the previous deadline day.

I think we could easily do it - Top's back in the country, and the club will have anticipated Maguire going too. Let's hope they get to work.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Do we have enough time to push through 2/3 deals before Thursday next week. I hope so 

I am sure there are deals well underway, and we are not just starting from Harry's departure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Changed my mind. Would rather have Vogt than Tah I think.

Tah is an absolute monster but can't see why he'd want to leave them for us.

Top etc would have known Harry was going and know Utd would stump up the dosh. 

They're very private with their dealings, so I would imagine things were either done or pretty close but nothing will be said to the media. 

And rightly so, we're not Utd??

On 01/08/2019 at 00:46, LinekersApples said:

Hold onto your Y fronts :scarf::bounce::banana::frantics:

Exciting players incoming

You better live up to your word!!!!!

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2019 at 14:41, Dahnsouff said:

Got a feeling its going to be carnage on Deadline Day this year

It's not actually been the liveliest window so far, can only see this coming week being nuts. Half the league will want two/three more and there's a few like us who need to shift deadwood.

I would rather sign Cahill for a year or so as cover on a freebie than pay between £40 - 60m for the other players ( Ake & Tarkowski ) we have been linked with!

• Like 2

He isn't good enough to get in our team and he's apparently getting a massive wedge to play for Palace this season.

In theory I like the idea of Cahill as cover on a free - I'd rate him ahead of Wes at this stage.  Problem is he's on 75K a week and that's a lot for a guy you're hoping doesn't end up a starter.

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

If we want a stopgap, a loan would be much better. Daniele Rugani from Juventus if available please.

Never heard of her.

I still think Cahill has something to offer. Yes he is slow but look how Evans was our best CB last year by just using his experience and reading of the game. 

I also think this is a signing which means that Soyuncu isn't immediately sidelined again and has a genuine chance of starting a number of games for us and developing into our starting CB for years to come. He just needs time and with a player like Cahill coming in, I think we lower the risk of putting full faith in Soyuncu but also don't inhibit his development into hopefully a top CB with us. 

I think it would be a smart deal for us for 1 season and then perhaps we will have to spend big on a CB next summer or maybe Benkovic being a year on and settled here, is capable of stepping up too. 

Exciting times either way you look at things, as we have money to spend but also young players who are capable of making the step up too.

• Like 1

Not convinced Cahill is as good a solution as the OP makes out.

My gut say's that he wouldn't make a good playing partner alongside Evans.

And if we did sign him, you could go into next summer having to replace 3 centre halves (Cahill, Morgan, Evans)

Evans may have a couple of seasons in him, but the idea plan is to use that to bed in a new dominant centre-half alongside him, not adding an ageing sticking plaster.