Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Get Lozano, Praet and Vogt, then close the window, close the curtains, have a poo **. go sleep in a haze of smugness.

Been a long time south of the Soar, but Google `translate tells me poo=bob :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Sarr, Praet and Tarkowski... Interesting although not sure how much it strengthens us over say Maguire, Silva, Gray for instance. 

Sarr > Gray, Praet > Silva, Tarkowski < Maguire.

2/3 ain’t bad.

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Frank kessie available from Milan for 30m euros. Sounds like he runs all day and Mendes in England to discuss a move. Presume it would be wolves who would get him but a very good midfielder 

Christ imagine selling Maguire for £85m and buying Sarr (£30m) Kessie (£30m) and Rugani (£30m). All supposedly available, all sick on fifa! 

1044575856_giphy(2).gif.d4b9acbe1f60d42ec34d445ae5d0bb5b.gif

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.png.0665e60baf355b85a51da6750ba37992.png

Ole Gunner Solskjaer is a little gorm, looks about 12 years old and will be out of a job by Christmas. Anyone who's managing credentials consist of failing miserably with Cardiff and naff all else deserves the respect of a gnat covered in TB infested cow shit.

• Haha 1

Today is effectively the last day of the window for us to get overseas targets, as they'd need to be arriving at the very latest by mid morning tomorrow to get the deal done. Even domestic transfers are going to be an absolute bloodbath to get done if only being agreed tomorrow. It's been a painful window for the majority of clubs, I don't think we've purposely waited until Maguire went before we could look at bringing in other players but the i9nsistence we were going big this summer seems a little wide of the mark. I was hoping i'd be wrong on this but it doesn't appear to be the case. This upcoming season is an incredible opportunity to break in to the top 6 that only comes around once every 4-5 years and we seem to be placing much faith in what we already have.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Today is effectively the last day of the window for us to get overseas targets, as they'd need to be arriving at the very latest by mid morning tomorrow to get the deal done. Even domestic transfers are going to be an absolute bloodbath to get done if only being agreed tomorrow. It's been a painful window for the majority of clubs, I don't think we've purposely waited until Maguire went before we could look at bringing in other players but the i9nsistence we were going big this summer seems a little wide of the mark. I was hoping i'd be wrong on this but it doesn't appear to be the case. This upcoming season is an incredible opportunity to break in to the top 6 that only comes around once every 4-5 years and we seem to be placing much faith in what we already have.

I think Top 6 is some way off. Especially given the business others around us have done in the last few days and still are doing. It's all a bit 'meh' for us again I'm afraid. I'd say we have strengthened slightly, even with the loss of Maguire, but nowhere near to the levels we need to to finish top 6.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Think It could be a massive 26 hours in prem. Lot of respected journalists expecting it to be mad. Hopefully we can get praet done, see if a oppotunities arise and pounce with our new war chest from man u 

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

I think Top 6 is some way off. Especially given the business others around us have done in the last few days and still are doing. It's all a bit 'meh' for us again I'm afraid. I'd say we have strengthened slightly, even with the loss of Maguire, but nowhere near to the levels we need to to finish top 6.

No I agree I think we will finish around the same as last season due to other teams having better windows.

Unless we bring in a CAM, a winger of proven quality and maybe a CB but if we dont we shouldn't expect to much

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I am still cautiously hopeful. If you looked at our results last year, one of the main reason why didn't we get into Top 6 was because we were struggling to breakdown the more defensive clubs. We now have a manager who has a strategy for dealing with that, including having brought in the personnel to be able to do so (or in the case of Praet, being in the process of bringing them in). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

No I agree I think we will finish around the same as last season due to other teams having better windows.

Unless we bring in a CAM, a winger of proven quality and maybe a CB but if we dont we shouldn't expect to much

The Rodgers factor.:scarf:

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I am still cautiously hopeful. If you looked at our results last year, one of the main reason why didn't we get into Top 6 was because we were struggling to breakdown the more defensive clubs. We now have a manager who has a strategy for dealing with that, including having brought in the personnel to be able to do so (or in the case of Praet, being in the process of bringing them in). 

True - but then other teams have sorted out their own inadequacies during this window, so we may be on the back foot again.

• Like 1