Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

If we do not sign a winger today, find it unlikely we will play with traditional wingers at all. As those wingers in the squad currently are of inferior quality (Love you Marc) to the rest of the midfield/attacking options.

21 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

That Jimmy mccann on Twitter saying west brom after albrighton and telegraph reporting Charlie Austin off there with 2 more expected today. Got to be BS surely unless any ITK have heard something? 

Mate Jimmy is as itk as they come doesn't mean Albrighton will be off 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If we do not sign a winger today, find it unlikely we will play with traditional wingers at all. As those wingers in the squad currently are of inferior quality (Love you Marc) to the rest of the midfield/attacking options.

I think its asking them the question that they have to provide end product or they won't play. It's not inconceivable to see Barnes start to convert the impressive amount of shots per game he gets and if so then he would immediately be Rodgers go to man, like Forrest at Celtic. Gray looks in serious trouble but Albrighton will survive as he's a machine.

Marc has his faults, but I wouldn't even consider selling him?! He's a work horse and a great player have. Also, I would say he's far too good to drop to the championship and why would he? He's playing for us fairly regularly and has scored 2 very good goals. Also looks sharp. He's definitely premier League standard! If there is even an ounce of truth in Albrighton rumour then I hope the club say thanks but no thanks

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A point of interest, if we sign Praet then one of Barnes or Gray and Choudhury or Praet won't even make the bench next season if we have everyone available. Fans craving another winger (I have) and both Barnes and Gray wouldn't even make the bench. If we could sell Gray i would do but it's not looking good for Barnes, he has to hit the ground running this season with any chance he gets.

i think he will get more chances than gray, i think BR likes him, and if the King interview was right and he is one of those lads that really works on his game, he could really kick on this season. i think Gray needs to drop his ego and realise its pretty much now or never for him here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I think its asking them the question that they have to provide end product or they won't play. It's not inconceivable to see Barnes start to convert the impressive amount of shots per game he gets and if so then he would immediately be Rodgers go to man, like Forrest at Celtic. Gray looks in serious trouble but Albrighton will survive as he's a machine.

Don`t disagree, but we have so little quality, both first XI and backup/rotation, on the wings, it just doesn't feel like a viable option to focus on much wing play. This is why I think Ayoze was brought in, to provide a point beyond the midfield, but just inside Vardy.

This is starting to feel a bit like we want to totally own the midfield area, from CDM (Wilf/Hamza), to a more traditional midfield (Youri and Dennis), with creating sub forward players (Maddison and Ayoze). Any width will arrive from the Full/Wing backs.

:unsure:

32 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

GK, CB, FB (Justin can play both sides) Praet, Barnes, Albrighton, Nacho?

Hamza and Gray would miss out 

Surely one of those seven would have to start so Hamza or Gray would make the bench. Or am I forgetting  someone?

4 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Not for 70 million +

45m + Gray.

Definitely looks unlikely any business will get done aside from Praet, we'd surely have heard rumblings by now.

Edited by martyn

We need some leaked info very soon or I just can't see us doing any other deals today. I imagine loan deal(s) for current Premier League player are looking the only likely options this late on. At the moment, IMO we are 2 top players short from really pushing those top 6 clubs and being above the likes of Everton, West Ham and Wolves. 

I'm still excited by our team, but just a little surprised we haven't seen a £30-40m winger come in or an additional striker.