Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think he might be talking about the wages. No reason for Delph to move - he clearly doesn't particularly care about gametime, and I imagine his wages are too high to be a backup for us.

90k a week has on. We could match that. Would certainly get more game time for us over City and would be invaluable to have in the dressing room. 

It might not be up to him whether he moves or not. If pep tells him he's surplus (which isn't inconceivable) then there really isn't a choice. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

90k a week has on. We could match that. Would certainly get more game time for us over City and would be invaluable to have in the dressing room. 

It might not be up to him whether he moves or not. If pep tells him he's surplus (which isn't inconceivable) then there really isn't a choice. 

We could match that, sure, but paying 90k a week for a backup is inconceivable, whilst he might take a pay drop if he's forced out which could happen, I doubt it will be drastic (plenty of mid table clubs would like him as a backup)- meanwhile, Mendy is being paid 50k a week which is nearly half his wages. Just saying there's probably better options.

There probably IS better options but let's say we do sign him on 90k a week. That's cover for 2 positions that we obviously need. LB which goes without saying and for Tielemans (who hopefully signs). That's the job of two players on 45k a week each.... Hes an international and proven at this level AND offers experience to a young team. You could argue its LESS risky than signing two separate players on half the wages and hoping they both hit the ground running. 

It's certainly not a bad option. 

I don't think we will have a huge net spend in summer, so if we want a few quality additions we'd probably see Maguire sold at the very least, and possibly Chilwell. 

In order of importance and preferred signing and assuming a Maguire sale (and Silva p/x) 

Ball playing midfielder (Tielemans) 

Striker (Che Adams) 

Quality wide forward (Lozano/Mendez) 

Backup full back (?) 

Then a left back replacement (Tierney) if Chilwell goes. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Nicolas Pepe? He's being linked with Bayern and Madrid mate

I know I just think the step is too high for him (Bayern, Madrid..) he might wanna join a premier league club like us before aiming for a bigger dream

• Like 1

Are Wolves players worth looking at or is this a no go because of their financial clout? I was wondering about Jiminez etc... Even if it’s not for us as they’ll want over the odds, will the bigger boys come in? 

Edited by Nick

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Are Wolves players worth looking at or is this a no go because of their financial clout? I was wondering about Jiminez etc... Even if it’s not for us as they’ll want over the odds, will the bigger boys come in? 

I would of thought they would lose at least one big name 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think Wolves are very ambitious and judging by this season, have the resources to match that. Burnley has an amazing season last year but didn’t have a good enough squad to manage Europe and the league. Wolves will want to hold onto their players whether they eventually qualify for Europe or not. Unless they do something stupid and sack Nuno. 

I think it's hard enough signing players from any Premier League side let alone Wolves who can demand absurd money for some of their players.

How many PL to PL moves were there last summer? Not many I'd suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think it's hard enough signing players from any Premier League side let alone Wolves who can demand absurd money for some of their players.

How many PL to PL moves were there last summer? Not many I'd suspect.

Danny Ward?

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Danny Ward?

I can think of this, Mahrez and Angus Gunn off the top of my head but it isn't particularly common now - even two of those were midtable sides paying over the odds for goalkeepers who were never going to break in at a top club.

Other than Mahrez, how many key players left a Premier League club for another this summer just gone? In-particular, how many did this to a club outside of the top six?

Only other one that's just popped into my head is Richarlison.

This is kind of the point though. Richarlison and Sigurdsson went for well over the odds purely because they played in the league. I don't think it's a bad thing to have experience in the league at all but I don't know if it's worth the premium you pay. Best chance really is raiding the relegated sides (not too much lol) like we have done a bit in the last couple of years.

Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

Pereira, Simpson, Amartey, Chilwell, Fuchs

Maguire, Evans, Morgan, Soyuncu, Benkovic 

Tielemans, Ndidi, Choudhury, Mendy, James, King, Silva 

Barnes, Albrighton, Maddison, Gray, Ghezzal, Diabate

Vardy, Iheanacho, Okazaki, Slimani 

We have 30 players on the books.. Getting rid of the deadwood should be a priority

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 1