Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

How very disappointing... all the storms etc. 

Transfer window however has been good, Youri, Perez, Justin and probably Praet... plus only Maguire has gone... not bad at all

Just now, lcfceaves said:

How very disappointing... all the storms etc. 

Transfer window however has been good, Youri, Perez, Justin and probably Praet... plus only Maguire has gone... not bad at all

But, but...

16 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

So the linekers nuts thing was all a load of bollocks?

Yeah blatantly on the wind up. Bet he had a right good laugh seeing the forum ignite in flames every time he dropped a comment. 

• Haha 1

Transfer deadline day has sent me fully mental so I’ve written a poem for you tarts:

Deadline Day

A storm, a squall, a gale, a gust
Bashing F5 as if I must,
A Belgian treat wets the whistle
Will he make the top six bristle?
I want more - I can’t be sated
Even if they up hated,
Clear out the deadwood, shift the bloat
Take Slimani, clearly the GOAT,
Will we replace the slab of head?
Will whiners keep wetting the bed?
Never mind what Lord Percy says
Ashley broke the news of Perez,
Apples’ postings thicken the plot
Where’s Big Daddy with the head shot?
Journalists hanging at the gates
Dildo in ear; the worst of fates,
5pm, the deadline beckons -
Missed the boat by 14 seconds. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Amazing how one signing could completely change the balance of how I feel about this window. Feel pretty deflated and annoyed now Sarr has gone to Watford. Can't believe we're in another window without going big on a winger (Perez isn't a winger l, although a decent signing). From the excitement of YT, you just look at the other teams around us and they've kept going with transfers  So much will depend on the maturity of this group now. Can they produce it consistently? Praying for Barnes to realise his potential so he can circumvent the lack of winger.

Edited by dmayne7
  • Like 1

I genuinely can't believe we haven't signed a winger, regardless of formations etc it is the most glaringly obvious position we need quality in.

• Like 1

Had hoped we would sign a winger and was excited about what could of happened today. 

Looks like nothing is happening and im pretty pissed off about it. 

12 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

They really know how to troll us when they know we're waiting for a new signing:

A free cap? Can I have a free pencil instead. 

Loan deals still possible between PL clubs?

Not the easiest thing for me to say considering what I've said about the guy before and how I rate him (or rather, his sportive choices), but Shaqiri wants to get match practice, not happy about his situation at Liverpool... Option?

(Sounds familiar)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Not the easiest thing for me to say considering what I've said about the guy before and how I rate him (or rather, his sportive choices), but Shaqiri wants to get match practice, not happy about his situation at Liverpool... Option?

(Sounds familiar)

I can't see how Shaqiri could offer value, even on loan. Would only be sitting on the bench for most of the time. He does not add to waht we have already, and we have still to see how Praet makes difference to team and style of play. (i'm not saying Shaqiri is similar, but playing one player allows others to have a different role.)

11 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I can't see how Shaqiri could offer value, even on loan. Would only be sitting on the bench for most of the time. He does not add to waht we have already, and we have still to see how Praet makes difference to team and style of play. (i'm not saying Shaqiri is similar, but playing one player allows others to have a different role.)

Already has PL experience, would offer extra punch, attacking threat, versatility and unpredictability up front, can play on the right or in the middle, would blend in nicely in terms of our playing style (keeping it on the ground), needs and wants to play (important element in the national team), and you could argue he's about at the best point in his career, age-wise.

Liverpool surely won't see us as immediate opposition in the league, not with that difference in talent and depth in squad.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

(Sounds familiar)

I'm pretty sure there's no loan window for the PL. I think the only loans PL clubs can do outside of transfer windows are emergency GK loans. I think the Football League has a loan window that opens soon after the transfer window shuts, but I'm not even sure if that's still true.

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Eric Hall?

Knowing indykaila it's John Harriott

• Haha 1