Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stevosevic

Tielemans

Recommended Posts

Yes Kristof Terreur of HLN is reputable. He won’t tweet this just to get some clicks. It seems close, youri wants a quick solution apparently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Helpful, cheers x

Ik probeer altijd behulpzaam te zijn.  :brendan_still:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Steven said:

Google Translation:

Leicester is pushing once again to definitively trap mercenary Youri Tielemans. The English club is hopeful that they can quickly reach a deal with Monaco. Certainly if Adrien Silva, currently rented to Monaco, makes the reverse movement. Tielemans (22) was also on the list at Manchester United and Tottenham, but is currently not the first choice. The Foxes now hope to make use of that doubt. Monaco early in the winter break 45 million euros for Tielemans and Leicester will have to break his club record anyway - that is currently 30 million euros for Islam Slimani. In any case, it is certain that the Red Devil will not return to Monaco. Tielemans had a fantastic start in the Premier League after a difficult adventure in the Principality. He was always interested in an extended stay at Leicester, but due to the interest of larger clubs, he first wanted to quietly see all the options. The player is on vacation today, but without a final decision about his future. He hopes for a definite answer. (KTH / NP)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Are you doubting Kristof? He’s one of the best out there.

He’s pretty much always bang on, and he only provides info for Belgium players. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, leuven said:

Yes Kristof Terreur of HLN is reputable. He won’t tweet this just to get some clicks. It seems close, youri wants a quick solution apparently.

 

Leicester want Tielemans as first choice and the other clubs see him as an option only if Plan A and Plan B fail.

 

If he holds on for too long there is a danger that Leicester move on and the other clubs don't move for him as they land their original targets. 

 

Come to Leicester Youri and come where you are loved by the fans, players and staff. You can also play in the position you want with a lot of teammates who are similar to you as they're young with huge potential. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we do sign him, he has potential to be the best player we’ve ever had in my opinion - i’m Still a bit baffled that he’s played for us in the first place the bloke is absolute quality. 

 

Kante is the best for me ATM 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manini said:

If we do sign him, he has potential to be the best player we’ve ever had in my opinion - i’m Still a bit baffled that he’s played for us in the first place the bloke is absolute quality. 

 

Kante is the best for me ATM 

Kante is the only world class LCFC player in recent memory so I am inclined to agree. 

 

Tielemans showed so much promise though that it’s possible to imagine him approaching those heights. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Champions League next season is a realistic proposition if we sign Tielemans and one or two more our first team is strong.

Depends what you think "realistic" means. Is there a chance of it happening? Maybe, if everything goes right. That doesn't mean it's realistic though, in my opinion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Depends what you think "realistic" means. Is there a chance of it happening? Maybe, if everything goes right. That doesn't mean it's realistic though, in my opinion. 

United and Arsenal in transition.

Chelsea lose their best player and under transfer embargo

Wolves in early rounds of Europa League.

Challenging for 4th seems quite reasonable to me. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Kante is the only world class LCFC player in recent memory so I am inclined to agree. 

 

Tielemans showed so much promise though that it’s possible to imagine him approaching those heights. 

What a short memory you have!

 

Mahrez for the whole of 15-16

Cambiasso, though fading, his class was crystal clear, to name two without trying

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gerard said:

 

Leicester want Tielemans as first choice and the other clubs see him as an option only if Plan A and Plan B fail.

 

If he holds on for too long there is a danger that Leicester move on and the other clubs don't move for him as they land their original targets. 

 

Come to Leicester Youri and come where you are loved by the fans, players and staff. You can also play in the position you want with a lot of teammates who are similar to you as they're young with huge potential. 

 

 

There's always the risk that he goes and they don't see him to be right for them and he becomes plan C or just a bench warmer.

Why risk it again when he can come here when he started basically every game for us. He'd be in display for a bigger team whilst getting important game time with us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve Earle said:

What a short memory you have!

 

Mahrez for the whole of 15-16

Cambiasso, though fading, his class was crystal clear, to name two without trying

Mahrez’s status as a world class player is absolutely debatable, as great as he was that season. 

 

Cambiasso wasn’t a world class player in the shirt, though he certainly had a celebrated career prior to his time here.

 

I don’t think those are unreasonable omissions. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Mahrez’s status as a world class player is absolutely debatable, as great as he was that season. 

 

Cambiasso wasn’t a world class player in the shirt, though he certainly had a celebrated career prior to his time here.

 

I don’t think those are unreasonable omissions. 

Kante is the only one to really go on to bigger things. Yes Mahrez has gone to man city but hasn't reached that consistency yet. He is no doubt a world class player though.

Kante was and is just an incredible player. No team would turn down having him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

United and Arsenal in transition.

Chelsea lose their best player and under transfer embargo

Wolves in early rounds of Europa League.

Challenging for 4th seems quite reasonable to me. :P

Right, but all United and Arsenal have to do is not have one of their worst seasons ever to finish above us. United were so poor this season that I doubt they could top themselves next season, and they still finished, what, 12 points ahead of Wolves? I get that the conditions are possible, I just take umbrage with saying that its "realistic" that all of Chelsea, United and Arsenal simultaneously have hideously poor seasons, and we will be good enough to take advantage of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So as we drift along P98, the news is pretty well as it was on P1 ....

 

 

 

Not quite.

 

No news is good news as far as Leicester signing Tielemans is concerned. Here we are in the middle of June and no other club have made a move for him and there have only been some spurious and flimsy links which looks like he's nobody's first choice but ours. We're probably his fallback option but knows if he doesn't decide to move here in the next fortnight we're not going to wait around for him until August. 

Edited by Gerard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Kante is the only one to really go on to bigger things. Yes Mahrez has gone to man city but hasn't reached that consistency yet. He is no doubt a world class player though.

Kante was and is just an incredible player. No team would turn down having him.

All depends on your definition of world class, for me it's being one of the top 2-3 players in your position in the world, don't think Mahrez is or was that, as fantastic a player as he is.  Kante was and still is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, henrik_62 said:

All depends on your definition of world class, for me it's being one of the top 2-3 players in your position in the world, don't think Mahrez is or was that, as fantastic a player as he is.  Kante was and still is.

Valid point, Mahrez was the best for us but globally he's a very good player but maybe not that world class level. We'll see if Pep can coach that into him.

 

Kante is the best dm at what he does..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the topic of the thread I think Tielemans needs to be very careful in terms of his next move as it will likely be the one that defines his career.  If he goes to a much bigger club where he is an unknown quantity and a contingency plan on a great contract the danger is he could spend the core developmental years of his career in and out the team which will do him no good and could see him ending up bouncing from mid-tier European sides the rest of career.

 

If he goes to a club like Leicester on the other hand where he is adored, will be one of the focal points of the team, play week in week out and then if he keeps developing he then goes to one of these bigger sides as a very different proposition, as a more rounded player and someone who will be purchased on the basis of being one of the first names on the teamsheet.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...