Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

£10,000 a goal

In the modern era, has any club, ever unearhted, a bargain as good as Jamie, especailly when you include a PL title?

The only only can I think of is Eric Cantona.

Take a bow Jamie, THE Leicester City legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by treer

Both kante and Mahrez fall into this category too and maybe Kasper.

Outside or our club wasn’t Van Persie only around 2 million and Ole Solskjaer for United was only around a million.

But Vardy,  100 goals, league titles, champions league, England calls it’s a pretty amazing deal.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, shailen said:

Pound for pound would you say Mahrez was a better bargain. Hard to call for me really

Should be hard given all the entertainment we got out of Mahrez but it’s Vardy all the way for me. Mahrez had a right to be ambitious but his desperate antics in trying to leave for 3 windows in a row left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. If he’d been consistently brilliant then more clubs would have been lining up for him; I’m still baffled that only Man City bothered to sign him when they really don’t even need him.

Alas, Vardy’s never really complained, never pushed for a move - he even used Arsenal to get a better deal at Leicester ****ing City, his style of play dictates ours and how we should play. He’s been much more invaluable IMO.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, shailen said:

Pound for pound would you say Mahrez was a better bargain. Hard to call for me really

I agree hard to call Vardy has definitely been a better player for us though as he has been here longer and scored some magnificent goals but Mahrez was still a very good player (when he tried) and only 400,000 so less than half the price so tough call on who the better bargain is.

But Vardy has scored 100 goals for us and always looks like he gives his all so it’s vardy for me.

4 hours ago, treer said:

In the modern era, has any club, ever unearhted, a bargain as good as Jamie, especailly when you include a PL title?

The only only can I think of is Eric Cantona.

Take a bow Jamie, THE Leicester City legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also take a bow Steve Walsh and Nige Pearson.

7 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

No, Vardy for me all day long. Not only for his goals but for his professionalism and loyalty, could quite easily have gone to Arsenal. 

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Should be hard given all the entertainment we got out of Mahrez but it’s Vardy all the way for me. Mahrez had a right to be ambitious but his desperate antics in trying to leave for 3 windows in a row left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. If he’d been consistently brilliant then more clubs would have been lining up for him; I’m still baffled that only Man City bothered to sign him when they really don’t even need him.

Alas, Vardy’s never really complained, never pushed for a move - he even used Arsenal to get a better deal at Leicester ****ing City, his style of play dictates ours and how we should play. He’s been much more invaluable IMO.

Vardy for me will go down as probably my favourite ever lcfc player but if you were to look at it objectively and ignore all loyalty and all the off the field antics and who was more value for money I think Mahrez may just eclipse it for me. 

The season we won the league they were both so key but mahrez's ability to create out of nothing especially towards the back end of the season when teams started to not allow us to counter and his genuine world class talent in tight spaces gave us that much extra to win the league imo. 

The thing about just Man City coming in for Mahrez - yes but then only Arsenal have put a serious bid in for Vardy. Can't think of any other serious offers so really isn't a differentiating factor. 

Unparalleled in the modern erag especially when you see the amounts of money that decent strikers fetch these days  (and some rubbish ones for that matter). Our best three goalscorers in the last 40 years have been two plucked from non league (vardy and smith) and the other, Lineker, cost us nothing coming through the acadamy.

13 hours ago, shailen said:

We've signed a 15 goal per season Premier League striker for £1 million. How much would we have to pay now?

2 more to pass the boy Lineker.

Is it 13 more to overtake Arthur Lochead? 16 Derek Hinds?

This season (or next season in the Europa league) could see JV in the top 4 LCFC goal scorers of all time. Remarkable.

Remember to tell your grandkids. 'I saw him play you know'.

Edited by FoxFossil
  • Thanks 2

The scouting - whoever it was - really deserves a big thank you. 

Vardy is probably the greatest story ever linked to our club. A true legend.

Did that film ever get off the ground?

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

We've signed a 15 goal per season Premier League striker for £1 million. How much would we have to pay now?

Agreed and he's more than that - his movement, aggression and work rate will make him irreplaceable. He's definitely border line world class in my opinion.

However what mahrez did for us and some of the things he did on the football pitch I don't think we will ever see again in a Leicester shirt. 

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Agreed and he's more than that - his movement, aggression and work rate will make him irreplaceable. He's definitely border line world class in my opinion.

Nothing borderline about it. I do not think there is actually anyone currently better in the world at doing what he does in a one on one with the keeper