Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

30 minutes ago, car1os said:

Starting to see reports he’d “like to leave “ - not sure if this is to be believed but I’ll again say I think he’s off...

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/07/02/85m-rated-man-utd-man-city-transfer-target-informs-club-he-wants-exit-as-replacement-lined-up/

It absolutely not to be believed buddy he wouldn`t "like" to leave, is not agitating for a move in any way, IF the club decides to sell he`ll move if not he`ll be more than happy to stay !  

• Like 2

Though I am in favour of selling Maguire you would hope that we don't have the same struggle we've had replacing a key player with someone in the same position. It's probably the biggest factor in favour of keeping him that I would agree with.

2016 we sold Kante and Mendy got crocked as soon as he arrived. It took 6 months to rectify it slightly with N'Didi

2017 we sold Drinkwater and Silva turned out to be a no show although Iborra had his moments. It was nearly a year and a half before Youri got us back on track.

2018 Mahrez went and along came Ghezzal who isn't a bad player but chronically slow. Maybe Perez can make a difference.

We might do better in replacing Maguire but our recent history is not good.

• Like 3

So, according to the tabloids and Sky, so far this window:

• Man Utd and Man City are battling it out for Maguire. 
  • Leicester want a world record fee. 
  • Man Utd have definitively bid £40m. 
  • Leicester want at least £65m. 
  • Man City and Leicester City have definitively agreed a fee of £65m.
  • Man Utd have definitively offered £80m and will pay him £350k a week. 
  • Man City have definitively offered £80m and will pay him £280k a week.
  • Leicester want at least £80m.
  • Leicester have definitively already offered Brighton £40m for Dunk. 
  • Leicester have definitively already offered Brighton £40m for Duffy. 
  • Maguire likes an Instagram post then tweets that he didn’t mean it
  • Man Utd and Leicester have definitively agreed a fee of £70m plus add ons and a medical is booked. 
  • Man City have bid £80m again. Definitively. 
  • Leicester have definitively rejected that offer and want £80m minimum. 
  • Maguire’s good luck tweet to the Lionesses is then seen as a coded message about joining Man Utd.
  • Man Utd have definitively offered £70m, which we have rejected. 
  • Leicester want £90m.
  • Maguire has now told Rudkin and Top he wants to leave. Today. While he’s in Ibiza. 

Half of that is just today. 

And the two things in italics are the only things I can tell have actually definitively happened. 

Everything else is FAKE NEWS. 

It’s almost as if they have something to gain from literally making shit up. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Though I am in favour of selling Maguire you would hope that we don't have the same struggle we've had replacing a key player with someone in the same position. It's probably the biggest factor in favour of keeping him that I would agree with.

2016 we sold Kante and Mendy got crocked as soon as he arrived. It took 6 months to rectify it slightly with N'Didi

2017 we sold Drinkwater and Silva turned out to be a no show although Iborra had his moments. It was nearly a year and a half before Youri got us back on track.

2018 Mahrez went and along came Ghezzal who isn't a bad player but chronically slow. Maybe Perez can make a difference.

We might do better in replacing Maguire but our recent history is not good.

And the moral of the story is buy badly, buy twice.  Two sets of fees, two sets of wages.

• Haha 1

So if true utd offer £70m and get told to do one. So man c then offer £70m.

Top "I bet you think your being funny Pep" 

Pep "No I think it's a fair offer" 

Top "I think your taking the piss and we told utd to come back with £80m before we consider selling. So for trying to take the piss and unsettle Harry your price is £90m before I consider it. Now fvck off with your games" 

No. Pep (Well not actually him, maybe Txiki or wtf his name is) is being a prize pr*ck, but not stupid. Harry would FAR rather move to Man City than Man Utd. He MAY agitate a bit for that.

Maguire has progressed and improved as a player in his two years at Leicester and is a quality centre half, BUT he is not irreplaceable. £90 mil, if offered, would be a offer, IMO, we shouldn't refuse. Whilst he would be a loss, I don't think his loss would have the same impact as those who have left our potential top 6 rivals

Hazard at Chelsea

Ramsey at Arsenal

potentially Erikssen at Spurs

maybe Pogba at Man U

only Liverpool and Man City  have retained their key players ( even Man City are losing Silva next year).

I would prefer Maguire went to Man City, as at present I think both them and Liverpool are in a different class. With a potential windfall of £90 mil, that could buy us a quality replacement (Lascelles would be my preferred option) and still have more money to invest in the team without it being weakened.

I'm pretty resigned to the fact he will leave us this summer.

However, considering there's several parties involved and at the moment a player whos not kicking up a fuss, we should rinse them for all their worth and get the highest fee possible. 

Edited by TheUltimateWinner

9 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Rudkin;

ok Harry, we’ve had two offers, (snorting and laughing) well three if you count arsenal’s (more snorting and laughing),      but they’re from man city and united and about 70m. Now then Harry we need to know your wishes.

Harry;

Pep is a freaky bald twat and can **** off, and ****ing united, **** that shit, managed by a hobbit bus driver steering them to middle table land, **** off. 

Rudkin; That’s what I like about you Harry, you don’t mince your words.

Haary; Well you know me Rudders, I’m a Yorkshireman, I say what I like, and I bloody like what I say, ee ba gum. Now good man, I have made my wishes clear go and tell them pricks at sky. I’m off to swill some black sheep.

It's as if he was actually in the room with me ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

He wants to go to Manchester, so just let him go 75m minimum

Nah. We don’t have to sell. You want him, you pay for him. First choice England Centre Back and future England Captain.

90 million or GTFO!

We honestly could do some real damage next season if BR can get the squad I think we are going to have, gelling and playing some attacking football.

• Like 1