Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They didn't make that bid I'd be 99% sure of that, it's the Sun basically taking the piss out of Arsenal. 

I don't think they did, or if they have... it's certainly not that!

Just sensationalism from the press.

32 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

image.png.dae982b03bab46a25429bb9d2ca89082.png

Cheeky, or moronic? I mean if true they are aware we rejected £70m just yesterday?!

What are they playing at ? That is embarrassing for them. The media have made sure this transfer has got top billing so they’re aware of the figures being rejected but make an enquiry like that.

That enquiry had to have come in very early in the window and is only being reported now - it’s to daft a move (on their part) to be recent.

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

What are they playing at ? That is embarrassing for them. The media have made sure this transfer has got top billing so they’re aware of the figures being rejected but make an enquiry like that.

That enquiry had to have come in very early in the window and is only being reported now - it’s to daft a move (on their part) to be recent.

They're not playing at anything Blue-eyes it's just paper bolox.

Read. Bin. Move on.    :thumbup:

• Like 1

Not fazed by this ...  Manu will keep the price nice and high which will help us when the real danger starts and Pep comes calling ...    with any luck their desperation will drive the price up further and ultimately put Citeh off ...   all just speculation I know but it could be the only way we keep him.   Feel confident he won't rock the boat for a move to Manu but Citeh would be very hard to refuse.  

I can see £80million with couple of add-ons being accepted if reports that Harry wants to go are indeed true. The sell on clause to Hull is annoying though but can't complain with the profit we made! 

Big loss for us but financially a huge boost and based on 0 facts and just a hunch, I really have high hopes for Benko and Soyuncu here! Evans was our best defender last season too and of course Big Wes continues to surprise me when plays and can certainly be 4th choice and do a job when called upon. 

That said, I wouldn't be that surprised if BR goes out an signs a starting CB either. But I would like to think that Benkovic and Soyuncu are indeed capable of living up to their hype though and one or both can come in and do really well alongside Evans. 

58 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

image.png.dae982b03bab46a25429bb9d2ca89082.png

Cheeky, or moronic? I mean if true they are aware we rejected £70m just yesterday?!

That low balling approach probably worked and got players agitating for a move back in the day before Arsenal turned to crap and appear to be going nowhere 

So we play Benk alongside Evans. Benk was highly impressive for Celtic and Rodgers has worked with him. Benk's injuries could come back then we play Soyuncu with Morgan, Knight and Amartey as backups. Really not a bad transfer out all said.

22 minutes ago, surrifox said:

That low balling approach probably worked and got players agitating for a move back in the day before Arsenal turned to crap and appear to be going nowhere 

Nowhere?  I think you'll find their direction of travel will be backwards. 

Harry wants to maximise his wage, I'm sure he's probably said that if an offer is acceptable he'd like to explore all avenues meaning (wages on offer) but he won't hand in a transfer request, he's hedging his bets but it doesn't mean he wants to go, can't blame him really

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They didn't make that bid I'd be 99% sure of that, it's the Sun basically taking the piss out of Arsenal. 

So you keep saying 

But it does say the offer was made last week (before the 70m was rejected) also this is probably the 3rd club that was mentioned by Abrasive About 8 hours before the story broke.

36 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

So you keep saying 

But it does say the offer was made last week (before the 70m was rejected) also this is probably the 3rd club that was mentioned by Abrasive About 8 hours before the story broke.

He won't be going unless top wants him to. These rejections are plainly saying that. The Manchester clubs will move on to other players soon. I'm thinking Harry is realising that we are really a club on the up. With the players on the way in  its exciting times for him and the rest of the club ahead

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

We won’t have a net spend of £80m this summer, Just isn’t sustainable so I’d expect Maguire is definitely off whether now or the latest January whilst he’s at his top value. 

Think you need to take a look at this https://www.90min.com/posts/6402848-financial-fair-play-rule-adjustment-hands-premier-league-clubs-major-boost-in-the-transfer-market

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Interesting stuff, regardless I still think he’ll be gone :filbert_2:

As do I. I think one of the Manc clubs will offer 80m and that will be it. Nothing will move until Harry is back from holiday next week I assume.

12 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

So now Man City fans want Nathan Ake from Bournemouth who's available for half Maguire fee at only 40m, seems better value and maybe better player

If we could sell Maguire for £80 then pick up Ake for £40m and the other two for a combined £56m as Percy suggests, that's fantastic business. 

Ake, Tielemans and Perez for Maguire plus £16m. (I know there are more fees involved with more players and Hull will supposedly get a chunk of the Maguire money so we will spend more than £16m but it's still a good deal). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As do I. I think one of the Manc clubs will offer 80m and that will be it. Nothing will move until Harry is back from holiday next week I assume.

It’s too much to turn down. Relatively speaking it’s the same amount we’ve spent on the new training ground

• Like 2