Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The most important part of your post

With benko also having questions over his reliability, we would need another CB unless we are happy  to start Wes in some PL games .....

Yes, we do. Just not one who costs 40 million and expects to start regularly.

37 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Evans played very well for almost the entire season when he was healthy, not just the last few games.

I can’t remember him nailing down his spot early on in the season. He didn’t play for over a third of it either and I don’t think that was all down to injury. 

10 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Talking about sliding doors moments or momentum shifts but the sacking of Claudio was such a key moment. In my opinion, we were dead certainties for relegation that season. Players on big wages who would have crippled us. 

- No young stars

- No new training ground

- No stadium expansion 

etc

We got hammered for it but we all knew it was the correct decision

I'd say the 2 biggest ones this decade on the field were

1) The 2013 Forest win to sneak into the playoffs. Miss out and Pearson was more than likely gone. The club would look so much different now

2) The West Brom away win in April 2015. No doubt that West Ham a week before was big but WBA and the manner of the win was pivotal.

We have to appreciate how lucky we were too with the results that went our way in 2015/16. Nearly every game week (bar Arsenal) from January to May went in our favour.

It was tough on Claudio and I took quite a lot of flak for it from friends but I always said it was the right call. The mistakes were too much to ignore. I'd say what happened at Fulham has helped ease the criticism quite a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

I'd say the 2 biggest ones this decade on the field were

1) The 2013 Forest win to sneak into the playoffs. Miss out and Pearson was more than likely gone. The club would look so much different now

2) The West Brom away win in April 2015. No doubt that West Ham a week before was big but WBA and the manner of the win was pivotal.

We have to appreciate how lucky we were too with the results that went our way in 2015/16. Nearly every game week (bar Arsenal) from January to May went in our favour.

It was tough on Claudio and I took quite a lot of flak for it from friends but I always said it was the right call. The mistakes were too much to ignore. I'd say what happened at Fulham has helped ease the criticism quite a bit.

Totally agree with this. I know its easy to get carried away pre-season, but surely we have never been in better shape, both on and off the pitch?

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The most important part of your post

With benko also having questions over his reliability, we would need another CB unless we are happy  to start Wes in some PL games .....

We have Soyuncu too.

Sell him if next bid exceeds £75mill

I don’t think after all this speculation he’d be ‘focused’ and let’s be honest, he’s been good for us, but he’s not the best centre back in our history... take the money, re-invest... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Woodward: "Harry we want you at United"

Harry: "I'd rather go to Man City'

Woodward: "We'll pay you £300,000 a week"

Harry: "Playing for United has always been my dream"

Sadly this is probably the reality - add the tact that at yanited, he will not be under pressure for his place, making his England status secure and you can see how this likely ends .....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sadly this is probably the reality - add the tact that at yanited, he will not be under pressure for his place, making his England status secure and you can see how this likely ends .....

With him wishing he'd gone to the noisy neighbours instead?

58 minutes ago, Buce said:

With him wishing he'd gone to the noisy neighbours instead?

I think Yanited will always be the ‘bigger’ club ...::. Maguire could well be the captain at yanited - it wouldn’t surprise me if he requests that as part of the deal (obvs not immediately) 

Whilst I can understand YT turning down the opportunity to go there given his age, I think Harry, with his background etc, makes sure he get his move to OT

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I think Yanited will always be the ‘bigger’ club ...::. Maguire could well be the captain at yanited - it wouldn’t surprise me if he requests that as part of the deal (obvs not immediately) 

Whilst I can understand YT turning down the opportunity to go there given his age, I think Harry, with his background etc, makes sure he get his move to OT

But not the club most likely to fill his trophy cabinet, at least for the foreseeable future..

• Like 1

On 03/07/2019 at 10:32, surrifox said:

That low balling approach probably worked and got players agitating for a move back in the day before Arsenal turned to crap and appear to be going nowhere 

Lowballing maybe, but not bidding £20m less than Man Utd. If they were the only club in for him then yeah, but this is completely different. 

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I agree he would be a good signing for them to be honest. They should pay £80million plus add-ons IMO and I think we will cope without him as I have high hopes for Soyuncu and Benkovic, not to mention that Evans was our best CB last year. Would be equally as happy if he stays though as I do think he will get even better and 26 is young for a CB.

Pay the money Man U or jog on! 

I really don't believe he'd be anything like a perfect signing for them. None of their current centre backs are great but neither are they total donkeys. Man Utds defensive problems are due to a lack of organisation and leaders all across the pitch. Pairing Maguire with Smalling or Jones won't really be any better than pairing him with Morgan here and that was regularly suspect. Man Utd are  absolutely mad to be going after him when they could have a two years older Alderwierld for a third of the price. If they bid 75m+ we need to accept it before they see sense!!!