Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

If Harry wants to go to team A, it's about the team. But if team B want him for the same price, and he fancies that too, then it's about the money.

Thanks for the explanation, but I disagree with the proposition. I don’t think the club should worry too much about his motivations as long as the valuation is met. Obviously I’d prefer that Harry kept his integrity, but in practical terms there’s no difference to the club.

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Thanks for the explanation, but I disagree with the proposition. I don’t think the club should worry too much about his motivations as long as the valuation is met. Obviously I’d prefer that Harry kept his integrity, but in practical terms there’s no difference to the club.

Yes, my feeling is if offered absurd money, take it and invest further. 

7 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

You miss the point that we have no interest in selling the player. He has indicated a desire to be allowed to move to Man City should they bid for him. We have apparently agreed that if Man City bid a sun that we consider to be acceptable that we won’t stand in his way.

however, if another club try to buy him then the reply is ‘not for sale’ and therefore if he wants to go elsewhere he has to put in a transfer request which removes his loyalty bonus. You could argue that a transfer request reduces his potential value by more than his loyalty bonus but I believe it’s also a matter of principle for the club. 

• Like 2

I just hope Maguire and the club are on the same page. 

If the situation is as reported and Maguire is happy here unless we get what he’s deserve for him then we are in a great position. Best case is we keep him and he is happy to stay, worst case is we get best part of £100m and he goes.

he doesn’t look a “toys out of the pram ” kinda guy 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You miss the point that we have no interest in selling the player. He has indicated a desire to be allowed to move to Man City should they bid for him. We have apparently agreed that if Man City bid a sun that we consider to be acceptable that we won’t stand in his way.

however, if another club try to buy him then the reply is ‘not for sale’ and therefore if he wants to go elsewhere he has to put in a transfer request which removes his loyalty bonus. You could argue that a transfer request reduces his potential value by more than his loyalty bonus but I believe it’s also a matter of principle for the club. 

Fair enough, but all I’m saying is that if the club don’t want him to go (personally I would prefer he didn’t if finances allow) then they should just say no. If they are prepared to let him go for a a certain amount then it doesn’t really matter where unless there’s some strategic benefit in one club over another, such as not MU because we’re more likely to be in direct competition.

I’m not trying to convince anyone, just have a different opinion.

I really think it's getting to the stage where our club gives an absolute deadline of put up or shut up. We don't want any distracted players going into the last two weeks of pre-season, we need clarity and focus for potentially a very big year. Neither would it give us time to strengthen should we wish to do so or we too could be held to ransom. Time to play hard ball, we hold all the cards, we shouldn't be bullied. They know now whether they're willing to pay or not so call their bluff. The worst that could happen is we tell them to piss off and keep a very good player who will know doubt knuckle down because he too seems to be a reasonable man.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Do we 100% know Maguire has said he would like to go to Citeh ???????

Answers on a postcard please ...

No we don’t ....... it could be yanited but we know he has indicated he would like to be allowed to move to a particular club ........... the expectation is that it’s Man City 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Both clubs are huge global entities though, you can’t deny that. 

he's signed a 5 year contract, if it's his boyhood dream to play for a club then fair play, if it isn't his boyhood dream then he'll have to honour his contract or act as he must.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

he's signed a 5 year contract, if it's his boyhood dream to play for a club then fair play, if it isn't his boyhood dream then he'll have to honour his contract or act as he must.

If it's a boyhood dream, it's more likely to be Utd he dreamt of playing for. I think it's more likely to be the lure of competing for trophies, CL and playing under Pep which is the major factor this time round. 

4 hours ago, cal21212121 said:

Honestly don't care what happens with maguire. If he lines up for us next season then great, if he ends up elsewhere then so be it. I think we have enough depth to do just fine without him, so if we get the money we want then I'm happy to say thank you, goodbye and good luck to the lad. I'll applaud him when he returns to the KP for whoever he ends up at, how he's dealt with this is far more professional and respectful than most footballers so for the price we're asking I'll fail to be sad if he goes. Hopefully this ridiculous price tag will show the so called big boys we're not just going to bow down to their every whim and if they want our players they're gonna have to pay well over the odds for them. 

He goes on loan to Man Utd/City, with us paying 100% of his wages?

I understand what you're saying, but obviously we need to be adequately compensated, which I'm sure we all agree, will cost any interest much dollar.

Update from Percy:

It is only the future of Maguire that will be of immediate concern to Leicester’s board, management and supporters.

United and City are both interested in the England centre-half, but it will take a world-record fee for a defender, of around £90 million, to tempt Leicester into doing business.

It is claimed Maguire has expressed an interest in moving to Old Trafford, and Leicester will allow him to leave if their valuation is met. It could get messy, however, and it may reach a point where Maguire is forced into making a transfer request if United do not reach the price tag.

Maguire is due to join up with the Leicester squad in France this week, and remains a hugely popular member of the team and a key player in Rodgers’s plans moving forward.

You never know, he may look around that dressing room and wonder if the grass really is greener elsewhere.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/06/brendan-rodgers-revolution-leicester-full-swing-growing-sense/

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Update from Percy:

It is only the future of Maguire that will be of immediate concern to Leicester’s board, management and supporters.

United and City are both interested in the England centre-half, but it will take a world-record fee for a defender, of around £90 million, to tempt Leicester into doing business.

It is claimed Maguire has expressed an interest in moving to Old Trafford, and Leicester will allow him to leave if their valuation is met. It could get messy, however, and it may reach a point where Maguire is forced into making a transfer request if United do not reach the price tag.

Maguire is due to join up with the Leicester squad in France this week, and remains a hugely popular member of the team and a key player in Rodgers’s plans moving forward.

You never know, he may look around that dressing room and wonder if the grass really is greener elsewhere.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/07/06/brendan-rodgers-revolution-leicester-full-swing-growing-sense/

I’m sure I’ve read words to that effect on here 

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I really think it's getting to the stage where our club gives an absolute deadline of put up or shut up. We don't want any distracted players going into the last two weeks of pre-season, we need clarity and focus for potentially a very big year. Neither would it give us time to strengthen should we wish to do so or we too could be held to ransom. Time to play hard ball, we hold all the cards, we shouldn't be bullied. They know now whether they're willing to pay or not so call their bluff. The worst that could happen is we tell them to piss off and keep a very good player who will know doubt knuckle down because he too seems to be a reasonable man.

Agreed 100% 

• Like 1

I don't care if he puts in a transfer request. If the clubs valuation is not met he stays. Gone are the days where have to sell or are intimidated by so called bigger clubs. Saying all of that, do I think he is worth 90M. No i don't. It may be his 'value' is about as good as it gets. I don't think Man City will pay more than 70M as they are fully aware of his weaknesses but Man Utd are desperate so you never know.

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

This could be similar to the Sanchez situation where City put in bids just to annoy United and drive up the price.

It's getting quite late now and this has dragged. I'm starting to think he won't go. 

Quite late??? The transfer window doesn't shut for another 32 days!!!!

34 minutes ago, tomtom said:

Quite late??? The transfer window doesn't shut for another 32 days!!!!

But we would have to replace him and that takes time, so there is most probably a cut off point at which we will not sell regardless.

Could be complete rubbish but continues the story that we won't sell for anuthing below what we value Harry at.

As long as Harry understands that he is free to go should there be a bid matching our value, otherwise he signed a new deal last year and needs to honour it.

• Like 1