sylofox

Maguire to UTD / City

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Really fed up with this now, the season is one month away, we're well into pre season now giving us limited time to get in and integrate any replacement.

Genuinely feel we should refuse to deal with any bid if it comes in beyond a certain time. They know the asking price, meet it or get in the bin.

Surely we can put a deadline/ultimatum to Utd and Harry - either

• if you want to go for 80m submit a transfer request
  • If you are happy to wait (Like the club) for 90m, then we tell Utd, 1 week or get lost

Simples ? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Surely we can put a deadline/ultimatum to Utd and Harry - either

• if you want to go for 80m submit a transfer request
  • If you are happy to wait (Like the club) for 90m, then we tell Utd, 1 week or get lost

Simples ? :dunno:

Maybe we have ...   maybe we have said you can go if we get X to come here ...    who knows.   But I feel confident we won't just let him go and then start flapping around ....    if we haven't learnt from the DD/Silva debacle the whole recruitment department wants hitting over the head with a base ball bat !! ...   Twice !! 

• Like 1

image.png.7ae95d98d7982762b8a380a13b9376c1.png

Sorry. Promise this is the last time I post such a toilet source :blush:

Edited by Dahnsouff

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

image.png.7ae95d98d7982762b8a380a13b9376c1.png

Sorry. Promise this is the last time I post such a toilet source :blush:

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s close to the truth.  Man U just operate in quicksand.

They have been told what it will take.  We have no incentive to sell, except receiving that fee.  Meanwhile, they decide to finesse us (though every 10-year-old knows they end up paying the price for the player they want).  Keeping their corporate structure of attorneys, accountants and execs in a job by taking a week to decide how to “sweeten” their offer to something they’ve been told, and told, will be refused.  And so it will continue ...

• Like 1

Man Utd don’t want Maguire just because they need a CB, they want him because it weakens a rival.

This is the best opportunity to break into the top six. Would hate to be thinking at the end of the season ‘what if’ because we didn’t keep Maguire or failed to reinvest the money wisely. 

4 minutes ago, Shane said:

Man Utd don’t want Maguire just because they need a CB, they want him because it weakens a rival.

This is the best opportunity to break into the top six. Would hate to be thinking at the end of the season ‘what if’ because we didn’t keep Maguire or failed to reinvest the money wisely. 

They absolutely do need a CB, though.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If we don't get top 6, I doubt it would be down to just Maguire leaving

True. Losing Maguire makes the task more difficult though.

The ITK’s have said we don’t need Maguire money to fund a winger/other signings, so I don’t see a reason to sell.

Edited by Shane

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Or rather, their academy was so good during Ferguson's era that they had no choice but to offload surplus players to lower league teams, some of whom were good enough to go and win the Premier League before they did again.

Whereas now, things have reached such a poor point that they're not capable of producing any good youth any more and have no choice but to try and bully other teams for their best players. 

We made three good signings from their academy- Drinkwater, James and De Laet. Players who'd made about 5 first team appearances for them. I think the lot cost £2 million which was a fair amount for youngsters when you think that Vardy, Schmeichel and Mahrez combined cost £400k more.

Shouldn't be forgotten that they also gave us Jesse Lingard and Nick Powell for loan spells and the less said about those the better.

We need to hold firm and remember our ambitions for this season. We could be in direct competition with Manchester United for a 4th-7th spot this year. So we should absolutely NOT be selling one our best players to a direct rival*. 

Not. For. ****ING. Sale. 

*Anybody who says this is unrealistic is themselves being unrealistic about our ambitions and our capabilities. 

• Like 3