Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Now we've got Tielemans, I think man u have missed the boat on this. We're building a great team and should hold onto our best players.

There's no reason to sell now as his value is only going to increase. 

I dunno about that. His value is currently based on a couple of decent games for England in the world cup isn't it? Can't be based on last season surely?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foxer said:

I dunno about that. His value is currently based on a couple of decent games for England in the world cup isn't it? Can't be based on last season surely?

I think it's based on his ball playing ability. A very attractive prospect in a centre back for the top clubs. 

Interesting that a lot of Leicester fans don't seem to see it as being an important part of our game. 

Probably the England performances helped, he might be captain one day. But there's nothing stopping him from impressing further at the euros next year....

• Like 4

Just now, foxer said:

17/18 he was a stand out player, really good season then onto really good World Cup, last season he wasn't at his best admittedly but it says alot that he more than adequate and still an important player even when not at his best, whether i'm making excuses or there is some reasoning in thinking last season was a hangover of no break playing in the World Cup I don't know.

As I keep saying though, in this massively over inflated maket that usual suspect are inflating with every transfer I think there is valid theory in saying his price is only going to increase.

On 10/07/2019 at 08:14, l444ry said:

The longer they leave it the less chance they have of getting Maguire. Can't see Top letting him go without a replacement 100% in place. Man Utd should get their wallet out and pay the asking price or be told to sling their hook. 

Not sure a replacement will be the issue. I don't think they will let him go last minute as it will srew up our work done in pre season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not sure a replacement will be the issue. I don't think they will let him go last minute as it will srew up our work done in pre season

Good point. May be BR will use him sparingly in the Friendlies to try out some contingent pairings given the number CB’s we have?

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

Now we've got Tielemans, I think man u have missed the boat on this. We're building a great team and should hold onto our best players.

There's no reason to sell now as his value is only going to increase. 

His value is unlikely to increase.

I can't see many teams next year wanting to pay £90m+ for a 27yo that up to this point has only played for a team like Leicester City.  His peak value is now unless he has an extraordinary season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

I think it's based on his ball playing ability. A very attractive prospect in a centre back for the top clubs. 

Interesting that a lot of Leicester fans don't seem to see it as being an important part of our game. 

Probably the England performances helped, he might be captain one day. But there's nothing stopping him from impressing further at the euros next year....

I know.  Weird.

It really surprises me how underrated this aspect of his game is by Leicester fans.  I don't know of another CB that is better, or even nearly as good, at carrying the ball forward as our Harry.  Doesn't seem important to a lot of us for some reason.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sly said:

Do we know Maguire wants to go?!? 

Yes we do.

But he won’t push for a move ( transfer request) as he’s very grateful for the platform and opportunities ( England) that Leicester have given him.

2 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

He is overrated. His defending and positioning was suspect at times - we all said that last year. He can bring the ball out but so can Söyüncü.

Söyüncü showed gimpses of that in the few games he played.

It would be good to keep Maguire of course. He is still top class, but his value is likely going to go down when the hype around him dies down a bit when people outside of Leicester realise that his defending is suspect. And if we do sell, I dont think we need to buy. Instead I really would want to see Evans and Söyüncü. Why spend close to 20mil to leave in the reserves?

Edited by Tom12345

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

He is overrated. His defending and positioning was suspect at times - we all said that last year. He can bring the ball out but so can Söyüncü.

Söyüncü showed gimpses of that in the few games he played.

It would be good to keep Macguire of course. He is still top class, but his value is likely going to go down when the hype around him dies down a bit when people outside of Leicester realises that his defending is suspect. And if we do sell, I dont think we need to buy. Instead I really would want to see Evans and Söyüncü. Why spend close to 20mil to leave in the reserves?

Well in that case looking forward to seeing a Slim/ Nacho front two first game of the season...

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Well in that case looking forward to seeing a Slim/ Nacho front two first game of the season...

So you do not think Soyuncu is good enough? What about Benkovic?

I guess my question is do we really need to pay 40mil for Dunk if we sell Maguire?

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

BR has already quoted Benko is premiership quality whilst at Celtic.

It's one thing saying he's premier league quality whilst playing in a lower division (no offence intended). Its a different one to actually perform in the league.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

:appl:This

No this 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's one thing saying he's premier league quality whilst playing in a lower division (no offence intended). Its a different one to actually perform in the league.

????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Would you change jobs for an extra £200k a week? 

Not necessarily the right way of looking at it. 

Think of it as would you change job if you were doubling your salary. 

Money isn’t the most important motivator when people choose a job surprisingly. It’s job satisfaction. Would he get that at Manchester United?!?