Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

In Soyuncu and Benkovic, we have two of Europe's brightest centre back prospects, who were being linked with top tier clubs before joining us. 

April 2018:

"Manchester City are reportedly ready to overtake Arsenal in the hunt to sign Freiburg defender Caglar Soyuncu this summer, and manager Pep Guardiola is said to be a big admirer. 

Turkish newspaper Milliyet (h/t Turkish-Football.com) reported Guardiola likes Soyuncu for his passing and ability to play the ball out from the back, not to mention talks are already said to have taken place between City and the German club."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2767895-arsenal-transfer-news-manchester-city-rumoured-to-hijack-caglar-soyuncu-deal

July 2018:

"Chelsea line up £25m Filip Benkovic move"

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/985615/Chelsea-transfer-news-Filip-Benkovic-Dinamo-Zagreb

Can we play them please!

Brilliant :appl:

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Be careful I got a load of crap on here for making similar remarks about Scottish Football:(

Don’t worry about it, Scottish football is terrible, you could manage celtic i could be there number 9 and would still win every competition going ?

12 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If it weren't for him being a Manure fan, it would be a bizarre decision.

Good chance of finishing in a top 6 club at an upwardly heading club where he's a star player

V

Decent chance of finishing in a top 6 club where he's one of many big names, many much more established, that seems to be in some distress and failing performances (though his move will somewhat address that).

Does he support Man Utd? I thought he was a Sheffield United supporter?

• Like 4

We saw in glimpses last year that Soyuncu is capable of taking the ball out the back and running with it.

If him and Evans can form a partnership to stop the moments of rash Soyuncu has then we could be okay. 

Am concerned on the lack of height in Soyuncu compared to Slab head though. But he does have a nicer Barnet 

edit; its 3inches in height, which in some cases is a big difference...

Edited by UniFox21

10 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If it weren't for him being a Manure fan, it would be a bizarre decision.

Good chance of finishing in a top 6 club at an upwardly heading club where he's a star player

V

Decent chance of finishing in a top 6 club where he's one of many big names, many much more established, that seems to be in some distress and failing performances (though his move will somewhat address that).

Surely he’s a Sheffield Utd fan? 

Its a tricky one for him if he does want to remain within commuting distance of Sheffield - it really limits his options. 

I personally think he’s at his right level with us right now, but hey. 

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Would you change jobs for an extra £200k a week? 

If I were earning a huge amount, as he is now, then I wouldn't be desperate to earn more.  There's no reason to be slavering for that much more than you need or could sensibly spend.

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His social media silence seems to back up the rumours he wants out. Not arsed at all to be honest, he can go. I will piss if we get top 6 and Utd bomb. Enjoy the dough Harry, not many players have gone to Man Utd and done well in recent years.

This is pretty much how I feel.  I can't think of a single player that has gone to Man Utd and improved.  Maybe there is one or two but they generally turn to dog shit

• Like 4

1 minute ago, deep blue said:

If I were earning a huge amount, as he is now, then I wouldn't be desperate to earn more.  There's no reason to be slavering for that much more than you need or could sensibly spend.

He could get injured next year and never play again ...... he has fifty years + ahead of him and a growing family. You can’t put yourself in another persons shoes, especially when you cannot relate to the decision he is making. I earn a massive amount compared to thirty years ago and yet I don’t really feel much wealthier than I did back then ........ it’s all relative ......

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

This is pretty much how I feel.  I can't think of a single player that has gone to Man Utd and improved.  Maybe there is one or two but they generally turn to dog shit

Very few have done since Fergie left.  Look at Pogba; a world beater at Juve, now he's average. Lukaku was a beast at Everton, same can be said for Sanchez and Dalot. Rashford has stagnated as well.

Moving now is a terrible decision. They're re-buidling and will be yo-yoing until they settle or show signs of improvement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He could get injured next year and never play again ...... he has fifty years + ahead of him and a growing family. You can’t put yourself in another persons shoes, especially when you cannot relate to the decision he is making. I earn a massive amount compared to thirty years ago and yet I don’t really feel much wealthier than I did back then ........ it’s all relative ......

But what he earns in a year is what the majority dream of earning in a life time. As. I said before, invested correctly, he would have no financial worries for the rest of his life, even staying at Leicester.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes, I can imagine myself in his shoes. Injury or no, he is already on a 5 year contract that sets him up for life.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Very few have done since Fergie left.  Look at Pogba; a world beater at Juve, now he's average. Lukaku was a beast at Everton, same can be said for Sanchez and Dalot. Rashford has stagnated as well.

Moving now is a terrible decision. They're re-buidling and will be yo-yoing until they settle or show signs of improvement.

Lukaku was the main one I was thinking of.  He was a goal machine when they bought him.  Now he's just an overweight sack of shit

& Pogba obviously.  I think he's the business, when I've seen him play for anyone but Utd.

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

BR has already quoted Benko is premiership quality whilst at Celtic.

Now he has  seen Maguire in the flesh(not in the shower before anyone asks) and seen what a top premier league CB he is, he can draw a direct comparison.

Then make his conclusions.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, deep blue said:

You're not married then?? 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Now he has  seen Maguire in the flesh(not in the shower before anyone asks) and seen what a top premier league CB he is, he can draw a direct comparison.

Then make his conclusions.

Tbf I’m sure Rodgers has known what a top quality EPL centre back has looked like for years, he’s got plenty of experience managing at EPL level already and was at Chelsea when Terry moved through the system and became one of the best CB’s in EPL history.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Don’t worry about it, Scottish football is terrible, you could manage celtic i could be there number 9 and would still win every competition going ?

Thanks Pal? We obviously jest, but sometimes it really gets so out of hand and this is a frigging Foxes forum!  Back on topic, in BR we trust and I think in birthday boy Benko with have star. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

No club likes to see any of their best players go but of all your best players I’d say Maguire is the easiest to replace. Furthermore you could use the huge fee being reported for him to really push the team onto that next level, just look at how Klopp managed to transform Liverpool with the Coutinho money, went out and bought what is now the best CB in the world and one of the best goalkeepers.

i have doubts over whether this is a good move for Maguire in any way other than financially though, Man Utd are a basket case of a club and can see it hitting the skids even further next season under OGS.

Brilliant post! 

It's true, attacking fullback (Chilwell and Ricardo) are significantly harder to find, just as if we lost a lot of other players I'd be more worried. 

We have a lot of cover and I think we'll be okay. 

Agreed again with your thoughts on the move. United are a club in decline or stagnation and frankly are a big risk. He could well end up below us this time next year. If he was going to move id prefer to Man City or Liverpool. A team which is frankly leagues ahead of us rather than a declining United who could be below us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Harry Maguire edges closer to £75m Manchester United move after telling Leicester: I’m ready to leave now

• Harry Maguire has told Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers he wants to leave 
  • Maguire is looking to secure a £75million move to Manchester United 
  • Manchester City still interested in Maguire but United are more likely to sign him 

Harry Maguire has pushed a £75million move to Manchester United closer by telling Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers and team-mates that he wants to leave.

Maguire, 26, informed Rodgers and the rest of the Foxes squad of his intentions during their pre-season training camp in France, hoping it will ease negotiations between the two clubs.

Twelve months ago, the England defender failed to secure a move to Old Trafford despite heavy interest from their manager Jose Mourinho and he has decided to be more proactive on this occasion to avoid a repeat. 

Manchester City also remain contenders for Maguire’s signature but appear less likely to match Leicester’s valuation which would equal the world-record fee paid for a defender when Liverpool signed Virgil van Dijk.

Maguire, part of a 31-man Leicester party who trained last week in Evian by Lake Geneva, is understood to be happy at the prospect of joining United despite the club failing to qualify for the Champions League. 

He believes after two successful seasons at Leicester, in which he became a World Cup hero with England, it is the right time to further his career.

Leicester were reluctant to sell unless it became clear Maguire wanted out and now that has been done, it is believed they will not stand in his way. Rodgers would be given funds to sign a replacement and James Tarkowski and Lewis Dunk have been linked.

But the Foxes boss is already well served in central defence with Jonny Evans, his former Celtic loanee Filip Benkovic, £20million Turkish prospect Caglar Soyuncu and club captain Wes Morgan, so could use the Maguire cash to strengthen other positions.

If he said that on the pre season camp, he’d have been told get on the plane back home mate. 

United have a week left. Can’t see us disrupting our season three weeks before 

• Like 4