Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Can I ask why you think that when every person I’ve seen with inside knowledge is claiming we are going to spend big this summer? On top of the plans for the training ground? N yes I know the training ground was given on loans but if all goes wrong it comes out the owners pocket & they’re willing to take that hit. 

Who are these people?

Lots of people on the internet "claim" to be in the know, they just like to get attention.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Think Maggers will be a big loss and hard to replace but anything over 70m and we really have no option. Also think it’s the right time in his career to progress

£90 million, and yes he can go, but not a penny less.  :rolleyes:

Pretty much accepted that he’s going to be honest....and I don’t feel all that bad! 

It’s a bit ironic but instead of being his replacement, Maguire would be the player they want playing alongside Kompany. Stick to my guns he needs a reliable defender next to him to cover his arse. Him and Laporte bombing forward is going to leave them short I reckon. 

Edit: and if he goes to United Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

Guest SO1
13 hours ago, floz said:

Disturbing number of people seem happy for Harry to be sold. To break into the top 6 you keep your best players and add to them. Or you become Southampton.  

Or you sell one a year and build instead of two or three because your greedy Southampton and you've got Liverpool throwing you cash.

I wonder how much money they took from Liverpool that they actually reinvested in the squad. 

Guest SO1
On 20/05/2019 at 05:31, Chrysalis said:

problem is buying replacements, you buy duds for every star find on the market, selling and buying is far harder than it sounds.  Generally selling established first team players unless you "need" rather than "want" the money is not a good idea.  Think of all the dross we have signed since the title win as an example of that.

I am sure people on here know this yet I keep reading this again and again likes its easy to sell a player for tons of money and then suddenly find a decent replacement.

Also the issue is we wont be keeping good players for 3-4 years, maguire has been here 2 years, so that would be 2 seasons out of him.  Thats a very high rate of turnover.  Its probably why southampton fell down the table so fast as its a big ask to turnover players every 2 seasons and maintain quality, especially considering players need to fit with each other as well, its not a given any player will fit into a team.

Sadly tho with the mess the club has got itself in (personally I think we in over our heads with new training ground and expansion, should never have gone ahead with it if owners were not personally willing to fund it), it does seem we "need" the money so at least one big player will be sold this summer and I think maguire is the most likely.  If we use it to get tielemans I will consider it a reasonably intelligent move, as without tielemans our team is too unbalanced.

Southampton fell down the table because they sold multiple players to Liverpool for millions and the owners pocketed most of the cash. They did this without making the investment in higher caliber youth to replenish their squad and their development teams. In short they tried to get away on the cheap.

Everyone seems to trust that the owners will do the right thing here. That they will sell and reinvest back into the club. I don't know how you can ask for much more than that from our owners.Especially if you want to get top 6. 

Personally I'm looking forward to Benkovic and Soyuncu stepping up and competing for 1st team places. It's probably the strongest defensive unit I've ever seen in a Rodgers team and their potential along with the rest of the team feels off the charts. There is something special happening here at Leicester and I'm looking forward to Brendan putting his foot on the gas and letting it go.

Have Faith.

Edited by SO1
format

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

You know him personally to say that?

If you don't think we'd considering anything north of £60m very seriously for a left back who can't cross, then I think you have your head in the sand. 

Trust me, he would never do a Mahrez & when the club has him tied down to a tight 5yr deal he won’t be going anywhere without our say-so regardless what funny games agents might push.

Man City paid £50m for a 26yr old England fullback in Walker 2yrs ago. Chilwell is a 22yr old England fullback that has a rare left foot! If u think Top would even consider a bid that would pay for 90% of the new training ground you’ve ‘got your head in the sand’

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Strong position in terms of our position in this market. A host of huge clubs will be after Maguire and to be able to charge the same as Southampton did for Van Dijk is excellent business. Defensively, our recruitment has generally been good in that department since coming up to the Premiership and nurtured the right players to come through. If selling Maguire means that we can comfortably afford Tielemans and another younger centre back/striker, then it makes sense. 

Whilst I agree we should not cash in on HM, why would we need yet 'another' young center back?   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, weller54 said:

No brainer for me.. 

We have enough quality and cover in the CB position without Maguire.. Cash in while his stock is high and invest in other areas that need strengthening. 

100% agree, as good as Maguire is he's replaceable and the money is too good to say no to.

• Like 1

Why do Maguire get so much disrespect from other fans? They treat him like he's a pub footballer. Granted he isn't worth £75/80m but he's a fine player and could play for the top 4 clubs. 

I hate this cliche so much but  I'm guessing if he was Portguese and played for Porto he would be rated higher.

• Like 2

We still don’t know how good Benkovic and Soyuncu can be but what I do know is that I really enjoy watching Maguire. I know the partnership between Wes and Huth was great when we won the league but HM is the first centre half I’ve actually been excited about watching for us since Elliott retired. If we can keep him I would, he’s better than some on here realise and he’s entertaining with the ball at his feet and if we don’t lay out money to be entertained then what do we pay it for??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Why do Maguire get so much disrespect from other fans? They treat him like he's a pub footballer. Granted he isn't worth £75/80m but he's a fine player and could play for the top 4 clubs. 

I hate this cliche so much but  I'm guessing if he was Portguese and played for Porto he would be rated higher.

Most fans I know from man utd rate him very highly and think hes actually worth 80 million.

Latest quote on the 'Celtic Chat' Forum :

'Maguire couldnt lace virgils whores corset.

Filly benko will be back next year though '

Cultured stuff..

39 minutes ago, weller54 said:

You're missing the point... The money we get for Maguire will be used to strengthen the team... We have adequate strength in that CB position without Maguire.. Cash in.. Buy Tielemans, Bowen and Che Adams (and still have some loose change left). 

Agreed. Not sure why people keep saying sell our best players and become Southampton? 

Huge difference we will sell to reinvest in areas we are weak. Southampton sold to fill the owners pockets. 

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 1

Because people view things in black and white based on a single decision - i.e.; selling on of your better players equals selling out, rather than providing the chance to improve the squad as a whole.

Don`t get me wrong, would rather not sell Harry, but it needs to be judged on what benefits such a sale could bring.

• Like 3

not a huge loss but id still want to keep him because i love his character and he makes great attacking contributing runs from the back.. but his overall defending and positional awareness is suspect at times. If it came to it i do believe Soyuncu and Benkovic could fit in with Evans and still be a solid partnership.

• Like 2

Just one question ...   if he's got all these weaknesses and flaws in his game ...   why do Manure and Citeh want him ??

I don't want him to go anywhere ...   and yes we have cover ..  but none are as good as him as a partner for Evans ...   by some way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Just one question ...   if he's got all these weaknesses and flaws in his game ...   why do Manure and Citeh want him ??

I don't want him to go anywhere ...   and yes we have cover ..  but none are as good as him as a partner for Evans ...   by some way.

Could just sign lascelles from Newcastle.

Or try and sign Jonathan Tah