Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Viva said:

What’s that got to do with anything I’m saying?

Every team in the top six sells their players.

No team has actually broken into the top six, selling or not selling their players. It takes stupid amounts of money, which we don’t have.

1 hour ago, Viva said:

Come on, you’ve got to do better than that.

It’s getting boring now anyway. I don’t like weakening our team if we don’t have to. Selling Maguire weakens the team. None of us know how much money we have to spend if we sell him or not anyway. 

It doesn’t weaken the team if you buy the right players. FFS. Reality is we are getting nowhere without money, if we don’t have it then we need to find it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It doesn’t weaken the team if you buy the right players. FFS. Reality is we are getting nowhere without money, if we don’t have it then we need to find it. 

That’s a big if. You don’t get the quality of Maddison and Pereira every season. 

As i’ve said before, I don’t think we need major changes to be very competitive next season. One, possibly two first teamers and some extra depth in the squad. I don’t think we would necessarily need to generate money from a huge sale to achieve this. 

If however the club feel that Maguire would have his head turned and would not perform to the best of his ability if a huge offer came in, then that’s a different matter. Otherwise I wouldn’t be selling.  

30 minutes ago, Viva said:

Which ones doesn’t he get into? 

Burnley, Liverpool, should not get into Man City’s, to name a few.

He is a very good defender, but he is not the Messiah.

(That’s clearly Jonny)

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Burnley, Liverpool, should not get into Man City’s, to name a few.

He is a very good defender, but he is not the Messiah.

(That’s clearly Jonny)

I’d be very surprised if he didn’t get in ahead of Matip or Lovren. I think he’s definitely moved ahead of Stones and most people would rate him higher than the Burnley pair, including the England manager. 

He was one of the best defenders at the World Cup only a year ago. Not sure if some people forget that. 

Edited by Viva

1 hour ago, Viva said:

I’d be very surprised if he didn’t get in ahead of Matip or Lovren. I think he’s definitely moved ahead of Stones and most people would rate him higher than the Burnley pair, including the England manager. 

He was one of the best defenders at the World Cup only a year ago. Not sure if some people forget that. 

It is all about opinions I guess.

I think if we get a decent offer we should sell. We have a few players below him, Benkovic, Söyüncü, (and even possibly Josh Kinight/Sam Hughes) who are likely ready to take the step up. Or at least statistically at least one of them probably is.

His stock is high, now is time to sell our asset.

On 21/05/2019 at 13:35, Koke said:

Why do Maguire get so much disrespect from other fans? They treat him like he's a pub footballer. Granted he isn't worth £75/80m but he's a fine player and could play for the top 4 clubs. 

I hate this cliche so much but  I'm guessing if he was Portguese and played for Porto he would be rated higher.

I agree with this. It's gone a bit too far the other way now.

• Like 3

On 25/05/2019 at 16:50, Gubbins said:

That is based purely on rep rather than ability though. Arsenal, Man Utd and Bournemouths defences would not be any more solid with him in them.

I'm confused .....

How did he get that reputation without the ability????

On 25/05/2019 at 19:49, Gubbins said:

? Maguire is no better than the majority of the centre backs playing for any of those sides. What they lack is an organiser and leader. Maguire certainly isn't either of those things. He's an average PL centre back who is extremely good at bringing the ball out from the back. A secondary skill for a CB. He looks good next to Evans but then so does Morgan and without Evans we always look liable to concede.  You stick Maguire next to Smalling or Koscielney and hel look just as ropey as he does alongside Morgan for us.

100% spot on mate..  i have said many times before exactly this.

Morgan was nothing without Huth either.... and Evans is our new Huth. Evans is the brains at the back for us now and id be happy with Evans/Soyuncu or Evans/Benkovic next year. The only thing id be annoyed about if we lose Maguire is his character he seems like a good team lad to have around.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I'm confused .....

How did he get that reputation without the ability????

Couple of games at the last World Cup I'd say.

4 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Please don't post again

Sorry to disappoint. No way Maguire would have anything close to the impact on Man Utds or Arsenal's defence that Van Dijk has had at Liverpool. Matip and Lovren are around the same quality as Kosceilney, Smalling, Lindelof etc but with Van Dijk next to them they look twice as good. Maguire has proven over the past two years that he's no leader or organiser and that's what  these teams need. What they'd get is a similar player to what they already have but at a massively inflated price.

Edited by Gubbins
  • Like 1

On 25/05/2019 at 11:50, Gubbins said:

That is based purely on rep rather than ability though. Arsenal, Man Utd and Bournemouths defences would not be any more solid with him in them.

complete madness.

7 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

This, give me Tielemans & a winger then close the window please.

Add a striker.. That's absolute priority... If Vardy gets injured we're completely fooked!... 

And please don't suggest Iheanacho as a back up plan! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1