Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I’ll put it out there, Benkovic will be a better player than Maguire he is more composed and refined already. 

I rate Caglar also and At some point we need to start playing these or risk losing them which will hurt us in the future.

Maguire is 26/27 so in his prime and whilst certain CB go on longer Ferdinand, Evans off the top of my head look at the difference in build I can’t see Maguire still cutting it at 32+.

26 is not prime for any player let alone a CB. Still has a lot to learn so claiming he won't cut it at 32 is a rash statement.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

According to this we’re selling Maguire and spending £40m on Lewis Dunk:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-leicester-ready-to-sell-harry-maguire-as-foxes-identify-club-record-successor

I think that was last weeks news ...... although you should have a potential replacement sorted in case of emergency! 

WTF- 40m on Dunk?  Anyone at the Cub that dared to sanction this deal would need to be sectioned in a asylum pretty quickly as they would need help.   Dunk is a down-grade on Wes.

On 01/06/2019 at 13:57, hackneyfox said:

26 is not prime for any player let alone a CB. Still has a lot to learn so claiming he won't cut it at 32 is a rash statement.

I think 26 is pretty much prime for a striker. Not a CB though. Late 20’s imo.

• Like 2

On 01/06/2019 at 16:18, Paddy. said:

Definitely keep. His form might have dropped off a bit in the second half of the season but there's very few defenders who can bring the ball out like Harry does and start attacks the way he does - I'm amazed some think he's so easy to replace. There's a reason that United and City are looking at him, genuine footballing centre halves are few and far between. He's a massive asset.

I agree, and am cautious because we don't know how he'll develop, but Soyuncu has definitely shown signs that he can start attacks as well as Maguire - I can't remember which game it was this season, but he dribbled through one team's whole midfield and then passed it forward nicely, if he can continue to get starts then it could be possible that he develops into a very similar player to Maguire, and if he can work on his mistake-proneness, he will be one of the best centrebacks in the PL.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Just about everybody reporting this morning we are prepared to sell... but only for the asking price which stands at £85 million.

Key parts here ...   

1.  No need to sell young players they are developing and can stand firm ..

2.  None of the City’s players have indicated they wish to leave the club ..

3.  (City) will not put a price on players they want to keep ..

4.  Rodgers would have been given assurances the core of his squad will be kept together ..

Stay positive Swanny ! ...   :scarf:

5921BFE9-B71B-4FDE-8A89-AC61831FEDE9.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Key parts here ...   

4.  Rodgers would have been given assurances the core of his squad will be kept together ..

Oh I am, the papers will always do this. I’d be very surprised if anybody will meet LCFC’s valuation of any of our top players, just like they said no to all the derisory Mahrez offers.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Key parts here ...   

Teams often put a price on players they want to keep. A price that they don’t think anyone will meet. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Unless we then go and blow over half of that on Dunk or Tarkowski.

If it goes on CBs I'd be disappointed tbh as it would mean why did we bother with Soyuncu or Benkovic last summer.

35m worth.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Hypothetically, and I know this is not likely, but if Man City want Maguire, would people be happy with Mahrez coming the other way, plus £30 mil.

No. I don’t think he’d come anyway - he’s in Peps plans and we would be able to afford his wages.

Id rather we use the money to invest in the squad - buy Tielemans (with Silva going the other way), a RB, back up striker and winger

Edited by car1os

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Hypothetically, and I know this is not likely, but if Man City want Maguire, would people be happy with Mahrez coming the other way, plus £30 mil.

Depends if they are going to pay his contract up for the  4mill a year on top of what we were paying him ??

otherwise we are taking on 15/20m of salary cost we didn’t have before ..... 

and you’re right - it wont happen .....