Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

im not saying i want to lose Maguire BUT

If we got £80 Million for arguments sake .. and we purchased Tielemens and a brilliant winger with that money (Mahrez level ish) and promoted Benkovic...... that is a much better situation then keeping Maguire and NOT having Tielemens and a world level winger in our 11.

The way i see it when we had Maguire and no Midfielder like Tielemens and no winger we were still pretty Garbage.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Hypothetically, and I know this is not likely, but if Man City want Maguire, would people be happy with Mahrez coming the other way, plus £30 mil.

No thanks. No way he would come back anyway.

Does not seem the type to take a nibble on the humble pie.

40 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Hypothetically, and I know this is not likely, but if Man City want Maguire, would people be happy with Mahrez coming the other way, plus £30 mil.

Hypothetically yes. Mahrez is that goal scoring winger we badly need. He will  contribute in goals & assists more than Gray,  Barnes and Albrighton combined. Plus we have money for Tielemans.

Can you imagine Maddison, Tielemans, Mahrez, Vardy, Ricardo and Chilwell all combining together. The distribution, the sharing of the football, the passing and moving.

But yeah, he won't come.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

yay.

Just another speculative article, nothing new or concrete in it at all. 

I was reading the red cafe forum yesterday and a couple of there ITK’s was saying he was off to Man City.

1 minute ago, dayday said:

I was reading the red cafe forum yesterday and a couple of there ITK’s was saying he was off to Man City.

That's interesting, I can't see him going for anything less than 70/80million though 

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Personally wouldn't want him back and I doubt very much he'd want to come. We've moved on and wouldn't want his mardy lazy influence round our young players.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

As much as I appreciate everything he has done for us, I would prefer that money to be spent on another player that sees us as his big step up and wants to prove himself. Can't see mahrez wanting to come back after winning a treble either 

He would go to man city and flourish, we all know he likes to get on the ball and attempt to dribble it forward, would fit in well there, in all honesty i dont think we would miss him as much as some outside of the club think

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

If we got the Mahrez of old then yes please.

Vardy would win the golden boot by 10 goals.

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

As much as I appreciate everything he has done for us, I would prefer that money to be spent on another player that sees us as his big step up and wants to prove himself. Can't see mahrez wanting to come back after winning a treble either 

He got the medals, sure, but he was a peripheral figure - he didn't really win anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Nice to see you've got over him leaving ?

It's a fact though. He can hardly feel he has been an integral part of the success Man City have had. Even in the cup final where he was having a decent game, he got subbed after 56 minutes. He complained when he was here about game time and always looked disgusted when he was subbed, even when he was doing nothing to warrant staying on. If he plays as little next year, I can see him wanting a new challenge.

Edited by MGLCFC

4 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Please god someone wants to still give us £75m ! How average did he look tonight , he is a decent player but at £60-75m he is a Massive sell 

he didn't do that much wrong did he? not like the 4 blatant errors from Stones and Walker that you wouldn't even see at a Sunday league game.

If anything his price has gone up

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

he didn't do that much wrong did he? not like the 4 blatant errors from Stones and Walker that you wouldn't even see at a Sunday league game.

If anything his price has gone up

Gone up? :nono:

They (Stones and Walker) were poor, but he was the third best centre half on the pitch by some distance. 

I’m a fan and glad we have him, but I can’t see anyone knocking down our door based on anything from that match. Especially at the prices quoted and certainly not at a higher price.

Edited by LinekersApples
  • Like 3