Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

Why don’t we let the people in charge of the club decide what’s best for the club and we can all relax to be honest we have the best young team in the league and a manager that knows his stuff let’s just enjoy the ride or is that beyond most of us here?

This is a forum for fans of a football club to debate on issues concerning said football club. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Sky need a big signing every transfer window to justify their huge investment in the premier league and they don't care who the winners and losers are. No news is bad news for them

Yeah in all seriousness I get why they're doing it but it's still cringeworthy nontheless. I think their stock has really fallen though.

I don't get this eagerness to take £60-£80m to supplement our transfer budget, doesn't the club get something like £200m a season with TV money, sponcership etc? Has the Mahrez money been spent? If we only signed Youri this window and lost nobody I think it'd be better than losing maguire for 3 unknown players, who knows what losing a major player for rivals does to the mental thinking of the other players in the team. Lots of comments from other fans saying HM would be better off staying at Leicester, this season is a real chance at top 6 I think, more of a chance than 16/17 but not if we sell our stars. To say Bencovic and Soyuncu are ready replacements, the first never played in the prem, the second a couple of times, of which he looked a bit bomb scare with his back passes, I'd rather we tell Utd and City to stick it and go for top 4 this season. 

53 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don't get this eagerness to take £60-£80m to supplement our transfer budget, doesn't the club get something like £200m a season with TV money, sponcership etc? Has the Mahrez money been spent? If we only signed Youri this window and lost nobody I think it'd be better than losing maguire for 3 unknown players, who knows what losing a major player for rivals does to the mental thinking of the other players in the team. Lots of comments from other fans saying HM would be better off staying at Leicester, this season is a real chance at top 6 I think, more of a chance than 16/17 but not if we sell our stars. To say Bencovic and Soyuncu are ready replacements, the first never played in the prem, the second a couple of times, of which he looked a bit bomb scare with his back passes, I'd rather we tell Utd and City to stick it and go for top 4 this season. 

Mahrez money went on the new training ground which again gone up in price.

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Mahrez money went on the new training ground which again gone up in price.

The training ground is an infrastructure investment ......the mahrez monies have been secured against the loan  but aren’t specifically required in order for it to be built.  

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

Like the move to Man C has elevated Mahrez's game?

Nope. Didn't mention Mahrez for a reason. He's not Harry Maguire. I don't think the expectation was for Mahrez to improve a lot because of the level he's at. Maguire has got a fair bit of scope for development but certain players need to make that step up to fulfil their potential.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sky are gutted he plays for us. Huge huge gang of weirdos

I don't normally get into all this but can see exactly where you are coming from. There is a real desperation to get him to move, yet our fans seem quite blase about the whole thing. And Maguire himself doesn't seem completely keen on leaving either.

Sky want the status quo however, they've got the so-called Big Six and it needs to stay that way.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah in all seriousness I get why they're doing it but it's still cringeworthy nontheless. I think their stock has really fallen though.

Hope so because, Along with bt and now amazon all wanting a share of the pie, and there only so many matches to share round, we might get sky pushing for Saturday 3 o’clock matches to be shown live. It’s the only thing left for them to persue 

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Hope so because, Along with bt and now amazon all wanting a share of the pie, and there only so many matches to share round, we might get sky pushing for Saturday 3 o’clock matches to be shown live. It’s the only thing left for them to persue 

So basically what you're saying is that it's all pie in the sky? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, splinterdream said:

We bought over £100m of players last year, yes the Mahrez money has been spent.

The “200m” is £158.9m turnover... which pays for everything. Wages, bonuses, loan  repayments, cleaners, police, lighting, heating, ground, training ground, staff etc etc etc. Our usual transfer budget is unlikely to be able to even afford Tielemans.

So people would be keen on selling Maguire if it secured funds for what we really need.... Tielemans, a striker and a winger. The discussions is really about keeping an open mind and keeping the option on the table as none of us know the actual budget or what players are available.

Man City going cold on Maguire because they don’t want to spend £80 million.

Im amazed they haven’t offered 55 and just expect him to show up like the lowballing bastards normally do!

And Harry hates Utd so lovely, he’s staying then.

:ph34r:

Irs all just paper talk, nothing concrete, its all once again bulls..t sources say. No offer has been lodged yet and we would probably turn it away anyway. 

So lets look forward to big Arry at tbe back once again next season. Top 6 next year he we come!

59 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Man City going cold on Maguire because they don’t want to spend £80 million.

Im amazed they haven’t offered 55 and just expect him to show up like the lowballing bastards normally do!

And Harry hates Utd so lovely, he’s staying then.

:ph34r:

Man City will be expecting him to change his attitude and push for the move - hence lowering the price ........ will he though ?? Word was that he wouldn’t ....... perhaps we are seeing drips of info which relate to different time points ......

Can we start a rumour that we’re in for Pogba for £55,000,000 and just keep if rolling for no reason?!? 

We’re also in for Sane at £40,000,000 and we’ll just keep leaking that until he asks for a move .....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sly said:

Can we start a rumour that we’re in for Pogba for £55,000,000 and just keep if rolling for no reason?!? 

Nooooo!

They might sell him to us.

Nobody is going to pay £90m for Maguire, seems we'll be holding back the Benko- Soyu partnership until at least January.