Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

23 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I just love how our club can ask for these kinds of silly transfer costs!! the days of pathetic Kante transfers are well and truly over :D

cant bully a rich club!! :P

Yeh its great. Maddison we'll stick £100m on him. Same for Chilwell. £80m on Ricardo (little cheaper as hes not English). Ndidi £70m. Jonny Evans £60m. Barnes £60m. We'll be keeping everyone at this rate. So long as they are all happy and dont push for a move then we shouldn't sell any 1st team players so long as we can still get a few top signings in. 

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

So.... is he staying?!

:wub:

It doesn’t mean anything imo .... Harry is a player who is pretty ‘active’ on twitter .... Harvey is a work colleague .... even if he had left I imagine he would have sent the same message ....(though without the fox emoji)

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It doesn’t mean anything imo .... Harry is a player who is pretty ‘active’ on twitter .... Harvey is a work colleague .... even if he had left I imagine he would have sent the same message ....(though without the fox emoji)

Be gone with your negative slant :P you know deep down it means he's 100% staying lol

4 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

When Al Gore (stick with me on this) was ripped to bits for his "Known Knowns, Unknown knowns, known unknowns" speech, I was in the minority as I got it. Look at the Tielemans situation - we want him, not just because he's a famous name with a decent past but more so because we've seen that he works for us, he fits, he, as far as I know, gels with the others off pitch. It's not a gamble, a punt, a stab in the dark, he is a component that we know will get our machine running smoothly, with as close to a guarantee as you can get. With Maguire his worth to us is 25% more than any fee we'll get because we know he works for us whereas 75-90 million pounds worth of signing may or may not, Benkovic may or may not. When you get a Harry or a Tielemans, your known knowns, don't look elsewhere at known unknowns, unknown knowns or unknown unknowns. Stick with what you know works. And I know I'm right.

that was Rumsfeld........pedantry I know...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Babylon said:

We bought over £100m of players last year, yes the Mahrez money has been spent.

The “200m” is £158.9m turnover... which pays for everything. Wages, bonuses, loan  repayments, cleaners, police, lighting, heating, ground, training ground, staff etc etc etc. Our usual transfer budget is unlikely to be able to even afford Tielemans.

So people would be keen on selling Maguire if it secured funds for what we really need.... Tielemans, a striker and a winger. The discussions is really about keeping an open mind and keeping the option on the table as none of us know the actual budget or what players are available.

I thought there'd be more incoming than just the TV money but its no matter, it was a bit of a lazy post by myself just born of frustration ?

Our own Arry has had his head turned since the World Cup he has played mostly like he cannot really be arsed. I think we should do Hull City a favour and sell him on while we have Wes to step into the breech. One big arse is the same as any other one back to goal. No wonder Kasper is flapping these days.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Isn't it about time we started valuing some of their players.

That Aguero's quite good player I've heard and would be a good partner for Vardy ......... could we start the bidding at £20m?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

If Harry changes his attitude to become one where he tells the club privately that he wants the move then his value will drop to 60m.  The agent will have done his work with Man City behind the scenes and they will be waiting ......... I would think a good pointer will normally be if Man City aren’t being linked with any other centre halves ...... they need two though so maybe not this time! 

Alternatively, Harry will get his head down, embrace Brendan’s plan and enjoy the campaign ......

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Isn't it about time we started valuing some of their players.

That Aguero's quite good player I've heard and would be a good partner for Vardy ......... could we start the bidding at £20m?

Aguero's getting on a bit now. Maybe start around £12m?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bazly said:

Our own Arry has had his head turned since the World Cup he has played mostly like he cannot really be arsed. I think we should do Hull City a favour and sell him on while we have Wes to step into the breech. One big arse is the same as any other one back to goal. No wonder Kasper is flapping these days.

He had a fairly indifferent to good season by his standards.  Not poor as some people try to make out, but I saw no evidence that he can't be arsed.  In fact, playing through injury as he did V Wolves away would suggest otherwise.  In fact it was a mistake and it cost us a goal but he looked to me like he very much could be arsed.

• Like 2

Club tweets that it’s two years today that Harry signed ..... Harry retweeted it so it’s safe to say that there’s currently nothing going on behind the scenes which has driven any kind of rift between club and player ...... sometimes the stuff we read about in the MSM can be a couple of weeks old ......

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I really hope we can upset the status quo this season coming. Keep hold of our best players and not role over like the little premier league winning championship club we are supposed to be. 

I think with the money that even the smaller clubs get through tv rights etc, we'll see a lot of clubs refusing to sell or slapping ridiculous prices on players. In today's market, how much do you think it's going to cost for man utd to rebuild. £750 million...a billion? and maybe over 3 to 4 years and then it's not a guarantee. I can see chelsea, man utd and arsenal all struggling to keep their status next season.

• Like 1