Jump to content
sylofox

Maguire to UTD / City

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Forget what VVD sold for two years ago, what is he worth today?

 

£125m? 

 

That's the true comparison to make.

Sorry, bit of perspective here. Harry is NOT a patch on VVD, let’s not go all big club on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, bit of perspective here. Harry is NOT a patch on VVD, let’s not go all big club on this.

I don't think that's what he's suggesting. He means people saying £90m means he's worth more than VVD because he only went for 75M but VVD is worth more than that now. I agree though that Maguire isn't worth anywhere near any of those figures 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, bit of perspective here. Harry is NOT a patch on VVD, let’s not go all big club on this.

 

I think you've misunderstood me here.

 

I never said that Harry was as good as VVD. 

 

What I am saying is that if we get £80m for Harry, although it would exceed VVD's fee two years ago, it doesn't mean he is valued higher because VVD today would cost well over £100m,

 

If people want to compare the values of Maguire and VVD they should the values of both players today.  If we want to use values that are two years out of date then Harry is only worth £17m (which is ridiculous) as that is what he sold for then.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

VVD is a great defender but is made to look a lot better with the team around him.

 

Benoloune was better than VVD

Can't argue with that

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are Harry, are you the slight bit interested in joining Manchester United in their current position. 

 

Pogba is hit and miss but he dragged them through games at time last season. Without him, whatever they say, they’d have been further down the table. If they lose him, are they any better than us? Surely it’s a step sideways at the minute? You’d also be moving to a Manager in Ole Gunnner Solsjear that is relatively inexperienced. 

 

Man City is another proposition all together though .....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sly said:

If you are Harry, are you the slight bit interested in joining Manchester United in their current position. 

 

Pogba is hit and miss but he dragged them through games at time last season. Without him, whatever they say, they’d have been further down the table. If they lose him, are they any better than us? Surely it’s a step sideways at the minute? You’d also be moving to a Manager in Ole Gunnner Solsjear that is relatively inexperienced. 

 

Man City is another proposition all together though .....

Of course you are .... it’s man yanited ffs. The couple hundred grand a week helps too ..... a step sideways .....jeez 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Of course you are .... it’s man yanited ffs. The couple hundred grand a week helps too ..... a step sideways .....jeez 

The money, the whole playing for Man Utd and then the fact Utd will no doubt rise again, why not be a part of that? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on folks. The big clubs, historical big c;ubs, like Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, these are huge clubs, what they have won recently has got sod all to do with anything.

Of course it should, but it doesn’t.

Man City, Chelsea, even Tottenham,  next tier big clubs.

All more desirable than us. So what. **** em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take Bailly in exchange if he could prove his fitness (which I doubt). Marcos Rojo can get to **** though, rubbish player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, murphy said:

 

I think you've misunderstood me here.

 

I never said that Harry was as good as VVD. 

 

What I am saying is that if we get £80m for Harry, although it would exceed VVD's fee two years ago, it doesn't mean he is valued higher because VVD today would cost well over £100m,

 

If people want to compare the values of Maguire and VVD they should the values of both players today.  If we want to use values that are two years out of date then Harry is only worth £17m (which is ridiculous) as that is what he sold for then.

Spot on, jumped in half cocked on this thread. Will reel my neck in and STFU. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Of course you are .... it’s man yanited ffs. The couple hundred grand a week helps too ..... a step sideways .....jeez 

We’ll have to disagree. 

 

People turn down jobs jobs all the time for better pay etc etc

 

The football world is changing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we really compete with the wage structure to keep Maguire if this report is to be believed a massive jump in salary from around £500,000 to £1.4m a month?

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2019/06/16/manchester-united-ready-to-go-big-for-leicester-citys-harry-maguire-report-207505/

 

Edited by justfoxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Could we could really compete with the wage structure to keep Maguire if this report is to be believed a massive jump in salary from around £500,000 to £1.4m a month?

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2019/06/16/manchester-united-ready-to-go-big-for-leicester-citys-harry-maguire-report-207505/

 

Nope and this is the fundamental reason why players in their prime will go to the big clubs (not spurs who don’t pay enough). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Man United are a desperate club.  If they are willing to pay £80 million for Harry Maguire, then I'd snap their hand off.

Defeatist! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Realist! 

No! I won’t have it! This is the year (well, the second year in recent times) that we finish above Yannited. And we do it by keeping our best players.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

No! I won’t have it! This is the year (well, the second year in recent times) that we finish above Yannited. And we do it by keeping our best players.

Not if they pay 80m+  and offer him 350k a week.. He's gone.. Believe me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

No! I won’t have it! This is the year (well, the second year in recent times) that we finish above Yannited. And we do it by keeping our best players.

We aren’t finishing above them unless we buy quality. Even with his crap they were we weren’t close last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I’m skeptical that the game (and Man U) have become so insane that Harry could fetch 80 mil. But if that insane offer is out there, the only thing more insane would be turning it down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t get why some people can’t comprehend why we could be selling Harry for a world record fee - ie upwards of £75m.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

Man United are a desperate club.  If they are willing to pay £80 million for Harry Maguire, then I'd snap their hand off.

If they desperate why sell for such a modest fee?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Babylon said:

We aren’t finishing above them unless we buy quality. Even with his crap they were we weren’t close last season.

We buy quality of course. We keep the quality we have. Tick both boxes and we have every chance of finishing above Utd this season. In fact our best chance in years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...