Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

35 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

There are plenty of guys on their roster I'd love to have (Martial and Mata come to mind) but it's not as if they'd be open to making that move.  Kinda hard to see this one fitting as a swap deal.

And presumably they’d be on big wages 

Just now, Mehrez said:

Nobody in that united squad I’d really want, their decent players probably wouldn’t be offered and even so are on stupid wages. They either pay the cash or sod off imo

Would take a punt on Chong, Gomes and Greenwood. At least one of them will be unreal.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Would take a punt on Chong, Gomes and Greenwood. At least one of them will be unreal.

Cant see any of those being offered though, allegedly Ole wants to build around youth so wouldn’t make sense. Gomes, Greenwood and 50m wouldn’t be a bad deal though 

44 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Who would we want from united that is realistic though? Bailly maybe, but he’s had a tough time with injuries. 

I think Bailly would be an excellent signing for Leicester if that sort of deal could be done, could imagine Rodgers really bringing him on.

Unfortunately I reckon the sort of player Man Utd will be open to including would be catastrophes like Smalling and Jones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Sod a swap. Pay the cash. We do not really want or need any of the dross they are likely to offer. Bailley might be an exception but risky for us due to his injuries. Just give us the money or do one. 

Thats it in a nutshell. The players they would want to give us as part of a swap, are players they are desperate to get rid of, and players that we don`t want.

It shows what a sorry state they are in, that apart from the obvious ones, they don`t really have many players we would want.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Thats it in a nutshell. The players they would want to give us as part of a swap, are players they are desperate to get rid of, and players that we don`t want.

It shows what a sorry state they are in, that apart from the obvious ones, they don`t really have many players we would want.

They are a mess of a club and i just love it. They can make all the changes in the world and buy who ever but the fundamental issue for them is the hierarchy and how the 'business' is run. Its got to big and out of its depth with modern footballs approach to business that it cant stand on its own two feet. They need to simplify its structure and redo its core recruitment culture because its clearly not working. The more they waste time the more its status of a legendary club will fade. Football changes and they need to change with it. Out with the old and in with the new. They are so up themselves with past achievements that they cant understand why its not working anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

I think Bailly would be an excellent signing for Leicester if that sort of deal could be done, could imagine Rodgers really bringing him on.

Unfortunately I reckon the sort of player Man Utd will be open to including would be catastrophes like Smalling and Jones.

I agree. I think Bailly would be a great signing to replace Harry. Hes a top defender who has been unfortunate with injuries. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

We buy quality of course. We keep the quality we have. Tick both boxes and we have every chance of finishing above Utd this season. In fact our best chance in years.

To buy quality on a limited budget (which I still think we've got until I see us do otherwise), is vastly more difficult. I personally don't think Maguire is anywhere close to being as important to the team as many other of our highly rated players. That's why I'm far more open to cashing in on him if there are options available out there that can improve several areas of the team. 

• Like 2