Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Martial plus £50m. A player in the deal would be more beneficial to is because we can't give 20% of a player to Hull, but no doubt they'd take us to court demanding we pay 20% of Martial's value no doubt. 

He cost about 63m and is valued at 50m now 

So you rate Maguire at 100m

not to mention he signed 250k deal a week at the start of the year

2 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Going to offer someone like Chris Smalling or Phil Jones aren't they lol

At most other teams those two would probably be highly rated and Man U would want to buy them for £50m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Utd supposedly offered £45m + a defender to West Ham for Diop.

Is he all that good? Hasn't looked anything special when I've seen him? Don't see why the don't just go all out for someone like Koulibaly, would probably be cheaper than Maguire or Diop

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Is he all that good? Hasn't looked anything special when I've seen him? Don't see why the don't just go all out for someone like Koulibaly, would probably be cheaper than Maguire or Diop

He's a good prospect but it's hard to tell as I've only seen bits and bobs of him. I can see why they are reluctant to spend best part of £80-90m on a centre half though as Maguire's has limitations and Koulibaly might flop in the Prem (highly doubtful, mind you).

• Like 1

United "would be willing to allow Rojo and Bailly to leave as part of the deal" . I bet they feckin would - get the player they want and leave us with their unfit or otherwise dead wood and save a bundle of cash . Nice try but stick it- give us the cash - if we want bailly we'll bid for him 

• Like 1

You can tell United are scraping the barrel when they’re offering their rubbish unwanted players as part of any deal. Poverty club. Harry ain’t going nowhere. Woodward doesn’t trust Ole with the cash. They’re stuck with him for a few months until they can sack him. United are a complete Shambles. We’re advancing way beyond them now. They know it too. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

You can tell United are scraping the barrel when they’re offering their rubbish unwanted players as part of any deal. Poverty club. Harry ain’t going nowhere. Woodward doesn’t trust Ole with the cash. They’re stuck with him for a few months until they can sack him. United are a complete Shambles. We’re advancing way beyond them now. They know it too. 

Even if they do get Maguire the problems they have are far from solved.

OGS is likely to find himself under pressure by October if he is not gone by then. Maguire would be a very good addition but a club like Utd needs to find its feet with more modest transfers like Ferguson in the late 80s/early 90s.

As long as we can get Tielemans I'd be very confident Leicester will progress regardless what happens.

40 minutes ago, surrifox said:

United "would be willing to allow Rojo and Bailly to leave as part of the deal" . I bet they feckin would - get the player they want and leave us with their unfit or otherwise dead wood and save a bundle of cash . Nice try but stick it- give us the cash - if we want bailly we'll bid for him 

I mean he wouldnt be a bad signing, Rojo however cant even make toast

Just because I was bored I thought I would compare the line ups for the last game of the season for United and City and selected my best 11 from the two. I have 8 City and 3 United and thought I was being generous to United!

de Gea
>
de Gea

Schmeichel
Young   Ricardo Pereira < Ricardo Pereira
Lindelöf   Evans < Evans
Jones   Maguire < Maguire
Shaw   Chilwell < Chilwell
McTominay   Choudhury < Choudhury
Matic   Ndidi < Ndidi
Pogba > Pogba   Tielemans
Mata > Mata   Albrighton
Rashford   Vardy < Vardy
Sánchez   Maddison <

Maddison

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Would take Matic and Jones over Choudhury and Evans

I put Choudhury against McTominay as they are both just breaking through this season. I would agree with Matic over Choudhury given we were playing Man City, but think Choudhury would have offered more against Huddersfield (who United were playing)

I will never agree that Jones is better than Evans though. :)

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Getting interesting now.  Manu ready to put in big offer (c80m) ...  but Harry would prefer Citeh ..   and if he wants to leave he must say so or we don’t sell ...  if he says he wants to leave he would go to highest bidder which is Manu ...   Citeh (as fvckin usual) don’t want to pay that ...   they think 60m ish tops ...   so Harry can’t get to Citeh.   Fact of the matter is the fact both Manchester clubs want him is helping us.  Of course H might not want to leave at all ...   nice but I think his head will eventually turn.  Maybe Manu will get someone else or pull out in which case he will be off to Citeh in a flash ...  or ...  more likely perhaps, he’ll realise he can’t get the move he wants and go to Manu instead ...

Personally, I’d take the bull by the horns now and ask him if he wants to go or not whilst the big bid is still floating around ...  if he says yes Yanited it is ...   if he says no ...   he stays ..   end of, and set in stone.  

Fvck you Pep !

That may take this month's @fuchsntf Ellipsis Award for most convoluted post.  I figured it out on the third reading -- a sound enough take.

Short and sweet last paragraph though.  Had to plus you for that  :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Would take Matic and Jones over Choudhury and Evans

Jevans is twice the player! 

Been immense for us this year! And Jones has been ridiculed all season

• Like 2

It was Blue ROI's comment about United making more modest signings that triggered my comparison of the sides. It made me think 2 things. 1) Why would Maquire want to join United (£350,000 per week might be the answer) 2) We might be grateful if United only by one of our players. :(

Edited by Merchant_Banker

Man U are a mess and their newly found angle of buying British talent will backfire as they won’t accept the time it takes to progress those types of players. Would have have accepted Chilwell or Maddison continually getting game time and playing naff to progress them as players? 

That said it’s still Man U, there is still a better chance of winning something and you’ll get paid twice the amount. Not all players can look beyond that and see there are better moves out there on the horizon if you keep playing well.

• Thanks 1

Anybody would think we were talking about ****ing Crystal Palace, it’s Man United lads? They’re the biggest football club in the world? I can’t ****ing stand them but they are comfortably the biggest football club in the world (including R Madrid). If they come after him he will want to play for them, absolutely no doubt, it will be the pinnacle of his footballing life. I honestly don’t know what we’ve done as a club over the last 18 months to warrant this weird elietist attitude that we seem to have at the moment. We’ve got plenty of work to do with our own squad and own signings to crack that top 7, don’t you worry about that. 

Times are exciting for us at the moment. I think it has the potential to be one of our best ever squads, but to sit there, and stone cold state that going to Man U would be a side step? I’m baffled. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Manini said:

Anybody would think we were talking about ****ing Crystal Palace, it’s Man United lads? They’re the biggest football club in the world? I can’t ****ing stand them but they are comfortably the biggest football club in the world (including R Madrid). If they come after him he will want to play for them, absolutely no doubt, it will be the pinnacle of his footballing life. I honestly don’t know what we’ve done as a club over the last 18 months to warrant this weird elietist attitude that we seem to have at the moment. We’ve got plenty of work to do with our own squad and own signings to crack that top 7, don’t you worry about that. 

Times are exciting for us at the moment. I think it has the potential to be one of our best ever squads, but to sit there, and stone cold state that going to Man U would be a side step? I’m baffled. 

Why would you be baffled? Have you seen what's been happening at Manchester United? It's quite clear that it's a toxic atmosphere and players might well be coy on joining for a number of reasons...one of those being associated with United falling from grace (out of the top 4), which is a massive deal for a club which is, and you're right about that, the biggest in the world. 

But we're a growing club with enormous aspirations and we are getting our own identity on the world stage. We won't be bullied. 

I don't think our fans are being elitist by wanting to keep players from a team which is in a massive transition period. Most of us just follow the club's aspirations and want to compete rather than roll over to the big boys. 

If I were HM I'd much rather work with Brendan Rodgers for a season than OGS. Mike Phelan might be the guy he wants to work with more. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Manini said:

In fairness most of us know financially we couldn't hold a candle to them but it's not as if they are at the top of their game right now.

Up until 5 years ago a move to Utd was a no brainer but a move now whilst appealing in the short term could be disastrous for a player in the long term.

This is a club far removed from the days of Cantona, Schmeichel,Rooney, Ronaldo etc at this moment in time.

2 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Why would you be baffled? Have you seen what's been happening at Manchester United? It's quite clear that it's a toxic atmosphere and players might well be coy on joining for a number of reasons...one of those being associated with United falling from grace (out of the top 4), which is a massive deal for a club which is, and you're right about that, the biggest in the world. 

But we're a growing club with enormous aspirations and we are getting our own identity on the world stage. We won't be bullied. 

I don't think our fans are being elitist by wanting to keep players from a team which is in a massive transition period. Most of us just follow the club's aspirations and want to compete rather than roll over to the big boys. 

If I were HM I'd much rather work with Brendan Rodgers for a season than OGS. Mike Phelan might be the guy he wants to work with more. 

The elitism doesn’t come from wanting to keep our best players, that’s ambition, I haven’t got a problem with that. 

It comes from the many comments in this thread that are trying to play united off as pub team. We’re an excellently ran football club, great fan base, great owners, money in the bank, an outstanding recent history but we still can’t even hold a torch to them. I wouldn’t begrudge any player wanting to go and play for them.