Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

The salary numbers being mentioned in the media are crazy .... perhaps Harry had knocked them back and they came back with a knock out package .... a bit like they did to get Sanchez ahead of Man City 

A world where Man Utd have to convince the player he should leave us for them before they begin to negotiate seriously  with the club over a fee ......,of course that could be where it falls down but you would think that if those numbers are correct then they will find the fee. I hope we don’t get a situation where Harry requests a move to drop his value and the inflated package isn’t simply a reflection of the consequential lower fee. 

Edited by st albans fox

At the end of the day it’s all about the package and the attractiveness of that package to the player. No one really wants to play in China, but the money is too good to ignore. Same here. Football is a job and just like any job, if someone offered me double or triple my wages I’d move to them in a heartbeat. Loyalty means nothing but to a very few. If he goes Inwish the Slab well. 

4 hours ago, MPH said:

oh come off it.  

playing infront of 67,000 fans and wages of 350k a week would not be a sideways move, no matter how badly they did last season..

Depends if you are a material person or spiritual, to some the money isn’t the be all end all, United have been such a negative club in the past 5 years , it shouldn’t come as a shock to see players choose to remain somewhere heading in the right direction.

Was it not once said by a certain Leicester City manager that Leicester City fans had "delusions of grandeur"? 

Well it seems nothing has changed! 

Leicester City to the greatest football team in the world is a sideways move? 

Just wow. 

Edited by themightyfin

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Was it not once said by a certain Leicester City manager that Leicester City fans had "delusions of grandeur"? 

Just wow. 

Oh shit ! ...   are Real Madrid after him now ?? ....      :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Just wow. 

Possibly.....just possibly the most famous, - but greatest!!!!??  Wracked with internal disputes, an inexperienced manager, & with their star (& most expensive) player telling anyone who'll listen that he wants to leave, they are not the Club they once were by a very wide margin

• Like 1

Thing is, Man Utd are up the sh*te at the moment, but they are not going to be so indefinitely. They will recover in the next 5 years or so (I am assuming)

It wouldn't be his best move for short term success, but its fair to say that a project at Man utd could be a more compelling project than at City unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thing is, Man Utd are up the sh*te at the moment, but they are not going to be so indefinitely. They will recover in the next 5 years or so (I am assuming)

It wouldn't be his best move for short term success, but its fair to say that a project at Man utd could be a more compelling project than at City unfortunately.

Dont see that myself ..   Citeh is the place to be and having to wait 5 years (your guess) to compete with them, in a footballers relatively short career, is silly.

• Like 2

Pereira is an interesting one, we have been after him before as have Celtic when Rodgers was there. He is a very classy central midfielder who i'd happily have here but not at the expense of Tielemans if we can help it. If we were to " allow " Man Utd to have Maguire for a cash + player offer and they also nabbed Tielemans then it would be frustrating. For all of this to work, we'd need Silva to be off which our best chance is in the Tielemans deal, as well as moving on King, James and possibly Mendy.

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfc-1992 said:

Man U fans seem happy to let us have Bailly as part of the deal. Is he that bad? I’ve always thought he was one of their better defenders when fit but I didn't watch much of them last year so might be wrong. 

He’s not at all. Football fans are fickle. I saw some fans giving Albrighton grief the others and all he’s ever done is give 100% since joining! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FOXSE said:

But as a player, you can see a world cup winner play there, have a pretty good season, but get absolutely abused by the fans....

'some' Leicester fans are not immune to that kind of behaviour either - happens at every club in one way or another

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Dont see that myself ..   Citeh is the place to be and having to wait 5 years (your guess) to compete with them, in a footballers relatively short career, is silly.

Fair enough, just cannot imagine they can continue to be so sh*te for too long. Huge club, but it will start to hit them financially at some point so even the Glazers would have to wake up and do something about it. I see what you are saying about the short career, but even though he is now a starter for England, it would offer further guarantee of that if he played for Utd or some other perceived big club.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Considering the Sun said it would be a season long loan I have no idea how they conclude it would bring the price down!!!

Absolute joke. United clearly cant develop their own players so want to try and send them on loan to us for us to develop whilst driving the price down one of our players. If that is actually what they've offered (could be bollocks paper talk) then if i was Rudkin id tell them to piss off and their embarassing bid means there will be no deal this summer between the clubs. 

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

Had a look on Red Cafe and their fans don't even have a Maguire related thread. Shows how much they care about signing him. 

United fans dont want him and many think hes overrated and over priced. Ive seem a few saying hes no better than Jones or Smalling. 

4 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

He’s not at all. Football fans are fickle. I saw some fans giving Albrighton grief the others and all he’s ever done is give 100% since joining! 

Didn’t realise he is only 24 as well. Id take Pereira as well as he’s been mentioned. Seems unlikely but them two plus cash that can go towards getting Tielemans is a good deal. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pereira is an interesting one, we have been after him before as have Celtic when Rodgers was there. He is a very classy central midfielder who i'd happily have here but not at the expense of Tielemans if we can help it. If we were to " allow " Man Utd to have Maguire for a cash + player offer and they also nabbed Tielemans then it would be frustrating. For all of this to work, we'd need Silva to be off which our best chance is in the Tielemans deal, as well as moving on King, James and possibly Mendy.

Think we would try and get both youri and another midfielder who can play when maddison or youri are injured or if maddison plays left wing. Pereira could definitely be a player who fits into that squad player who can fit in and provide more than what we currently have.