Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Was it not once said by a certain Leicester City manager that Leicester City fans had "delusions of grandeur"? 

Well it seems nothing has changed! 

Leicester City to the greatest football team in the world is a sideways move? 

Just wow. 

Delusions of grandeur is a little unfair. I think most people have simply spotted an opportunity for us to finish above them this season and possibly usurp their position in the top 6 for a few years to come. 

Everyone from the media to most of their own fans have acknowledged that they’re in total disarray at the moment. I’ve chatted with a few Man Utd fans who have been fairly open about their issues and one or two have said that we’ll finish above them next year. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SO1 said:

You have to wonder. How much is enough? When does Quality of experience matter more than quantity of money? These guys put so much work into getting to be where they are

that you'd think that time is the most valuable commodity they have. Now I'm thinking like an old man.:)

I believe even young fans have become more cynical,also through media deliberate twisting of life's characteristic,we forget simple basics mixed with basic home truths.

Plus we prefer to be cynical towards our profi sportspeoples

1st..only a small group of Footballers

Have that chance and live the dream...

The majority just hope for that twist & change in individual recognition..

So that leaves the top stream from normal through to superstars...None have to worry about paying the mortgage,or the real prices of anything,

Commodities,shopping..etc etc

But I doubt there are many who do what they do solely because of the paycheck.

They must look for a basis,and when the opportunity for financial improvement comes,in their short sporting lives decide,if they go for the ceiling,or make compromises,because of personal lower/higher acceptance-marks or boundaries in their own lives.

But even those with the momentum & potential,are too busy trying to prove consolidate & secure their careers,and many will fear the slightest injury or down turn in Form ..They will be asking themselves " how long will my star shine"..luckily they all have an agent who looks after their "paycheck- worries" and are too innocent and naive,

that those same people,are not really always looking out for or in the the best interest in their players names.

Many players and this can only be an assumption...do want and actually do keep control of their own career-desires and hopes...

There will be many players  like  Maguire/Chilwell/Maddison who  are happy to stay,either long-term or wait for the occasional sea of change,then decide,further futures.

Fans cynicism thankfully won't change that..

Us chasing a consistent top 6,with dreams of higher station,for the 1st time in our history should be more encouraging to the idea...

Like Vardy/Schmeichel it would be great to extend that feeling of fan-player "one of our own" deep into the squad..to help build on the Leicester-ethos" especially now with B.Rodgers giving us the chance of exciting times....

No player will retire poor playing for this Generations Foxes...Ask Vardy..Schmeichel...King,James..etc

And 2 put on the back burner,the other again ready to make headlines again with their "chosen" club...paycheck & honour,and recognition that goes beyond careers!!

Edited by fuchsntf

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Delusions of grandeur is a little unfair. I think most people have simply spotted an opportunity for us to finish above them this season and possibly usurp their position in the top 6 for a few years to come. 

Everyone from the media to most of their own fans have acknowledged that they’re in total disarray at the moment. I’ve chatted with a few Man Utd fans who have been fairly open about their issues and one or two have said that we’ll finish above them next year. 

We have an opportunity to finish above them, but that is all it is. We must be consistently better than most of last season to realise that opportunity. Very much achievable and quite an exciting prospect. 

• Like 1

Can anyone find any odds on him staying here? I can't find them anywhere, just odds on him joining other clubs.

Cant see him going to Utd now they've proven they would rather have Diop. Also, Man City are spending a large chunk of money on Rodri so can't imagine that they would spend another £80m on Maguire.

LUMP ON!!!

Edited by wattolcfc

1 hour ago, BecGriff9 said:

Blimey ! ...  as well as Maguire they also want Maddison, Chilwell, Ndidi  ..   and Vardy !!      Why not just buy the lot !!!  ....    Have the whole fvckin team !!

(Quite a compliment really) ...    :)

Don’t want any Utd reject in a cash plus player swap deal, unless the fee is £70+million, accepting £50mil plus Pereira for example would be selling ourselves short. 

In all honesty I’d be gutted if he left, I just want Maguire and Tielemans to confirm that they’re here next year.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Don’t want any Utd reject in a cash plus player swap deal, unless the fee is £70+million, accepting £50mil plus Pereira for example would be selling ourselves short. 

In all honesty I’d be gutted if he left, I just want Maguire and Tielemans to confirm that they’re here next year.

In agreement with this, there's only a handful of players I'd take from United but the offer of a swap player is not going to be anyone I'd take.

For me I'd drive Maguire up to Manchester for £70m, would prefer him to stay but if he is to go then £70m... or.... Martial + £10m :D

Edited by Rusko187

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Pereira won’t even play for us. Maddison and Tielemans are better so basically losing out on 25/30£ on a substitute, fml :frusty: unless it’s martial, or de Gea they can do one 

3 minutes ago, Goober said:

People really suggesting Martial? lol 

Its not Fifa I’m afraid 

Of course it won't happen, he wouldn't get in front of Gray... it's merely a suggestion there aren't many United players I'd take.

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't want any United player. Not a single one. I don't want any Maguire deal at all to include players. 100% cash please, they can afford it. 

If we're selling him, we need every penny. We need to stop wasting our money on absolute shit. 

I’d take Daniel James as part of the deal :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

Depends if you are a material person or spiritual, to some the money isn’t the be all end all, United have been such a negative club in the past 5 years , it shouldn’t come as a shock to see players choose to remain somewhere heading in the right direction.

but he wants to move?

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don't want any United player. Not a single one. I don't want any Maguire deal at all to include players. 100% cash please, they can afford it. 

If we're selling him, we need every penny. We need to stop wasting our money on absolute shit. 

No, me neither.

No cast offs that will feel like they're slumming it with us.  We need to learn the lesson from the Iheanacho signing.

The only exception I would make is James on loan which might suit both parties.  He gets game time and we can defer our search for a right winger til next year and concentrate on Tielemans or other options.

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Was it not once said by a certain Leicester City manager that Leicester City fans had "delusions of grandeur"? 

Well it seems nothing has changed! 

Leicester City to the greatest football team in the world is a sideways move? 

Just wow. 

Really, Man United are a shocking football team, but they are a elite football club.

But the deal with Pereira according to admittedly pure speculation would just be a loan deal as United want him to sign a long term deal. We're not that desparate are we just because he's 'supposedly' a Rodgers favourite?  One, hadn't the lad supposedly got attitude problems and secondly, pay up or shut up and go away.

United have been in decline for a little while now and I think they have a little way left to fall before they bottom out and rise again.

That said, a United in turmoil has still won the FA cup, the Europa League and finished second in recent seasons.  I wish we were that shit.

• Haha 3

This obviously would not be a “sideways move” … but equally not a move to the greatest club in the world, or England.  Man City have caught up in revenue.  They and numerous others in Europe have zoomed past on the pitch.

Everyone knows United can return to the head of the table -- if the Glazers stop bleeding them, and a top DoF is appointed and left to the job.  These failures of ownership give credence to supporters’ feelings that the Glazers are happy to have an ATM that is not a great club.  And suggest that things may not get much better in a hurry.

This is five years old, and still making the rounds.  Which is amazing really.

Anyone else not too bothered if he stays or goes for the money banded around? 

Obviously because he's such a likeable bloke and an England starter I would want to keep him, but from a playing perspective I don't think it's such a disaster if we do lose him to be honest.