Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

50 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Simply this...you keep your best players..!!

.Benky &Soyu,might become the hate crusaders next marks!!

All of you shouting for a consistent top 5-7......but then show...well it's not too important!!!

Ffs it's not even your money!!

How do you think the training ground is going to be financed?

You only keep your best players if you believe you can’t replace them with the money being offered and for £65m, you can.

I would be happy with Losing Maguire but keeping Chilwell.. spending all the money on Tielemans and a world class winger which would certainty give us a great chance of breaking top 6 next year.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Simply this...you keep your best players..!!

.Benky &Soyu,might become the hate crusaders next marks!!

All of you shouting for a consistent top 5-7......but then show...well it's not too important!!!

Ffs it's not even your money!!

The bolded bit is correct. The rest... not so much.

Our best player, currently, is Tielemans. Its quite possible we can't afford to keep him beyond this season as it stands, so in order to raise those funds we can look to sell one of our other assets to make up the money (plus change).

In this case, the cover for Tielemans is poor as we don't have anyone else who can do what he does at that sort of level. At CB, if we lost Maguire we'd still be able to put out a first-choice pairing of Evans and Benkovic (who was getting rave reviews in Scotland and comparisons to VVD), with another young international in reserve (Soyuncu), club captain Morgan and a host of takented youngsters waiting for a chance. We wouldn't even have to spend a penny to replace Maguire.

If the fee is right and will enable us to sign YT, then it's a no-brainer.

Edited by Xen

17 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Bloody Hell his price has gone up considerably now being touted at a record £90+M for Manure to prise Maguire from Leicester, that’ll buy a few decent players!

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Or Musa, Slimani, Mendy and Iheanacho.

Lol i was going to say we could easily blow that on exactly the type of players noted above and end up nowhere.  

I have confidence in our new regime but our recruitment is 50 50 at times.

5 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol i was going to say we could easily blow that on exactly the type of players noted above and end up nowhere.  

I think the fact that a chunk of whatever money we bring in would almost certainly go on Tielemans - who is as close to risk-free as you could get - makes it a bit more palatable. Every club has dud transfers, but as long as you balance that out with enough good signings as well then that's fine.

If we brought in ~£60m and spent £30m (plus Silva, random ballpark figure) on YT, then I think spending the other £30m on a few riskier transfers would be acceptable, and if they don't work out its not the end of the world as the important business will have been done already.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think the fact that a chunk of whatever money we bring in would almost certainly go on Tielemans - who is as close to risk-free as you could get - makes it a bit more palatable. Every club has dud transfers, but as long as you balance that out with enough good signings as well then that's fine.

If we brought in ~£60m and spent £30m (plus Silva, random ballpark figure) on YT, then I think spending the other £30m on a few riskier transfers would be acceptable, and if they don't work out its not the end of the world as the important business will have been done already.

Would you spend the other 3Omillion on Nathan Ake to replace Maguire ? Proven premiership defender.  

I think he would be a useful replacement, and for Maguire and Silva could get Tielemans and Ake. 

26 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Would you spend the other 3Omillion on Nathan Ake to replace Maguire ? Proven premiership defender.  

I think he would be a useful replacement, and for Maguire and Silva could get Tielemans and Ake. 

It'd be a decent shout, but I don't think we'd need to spend a penny to replace Maguire, in all honesty. Certainly wouldn't be dissapointed if we did bring him in though.

Benkovic has been getting heaps of praise north of the border and if he can live up to even half of the hype, then we'll have a very competent PL centreback on our books.

Evans is still performing at a high level and certainly has a few more seasons in him.

Morgan will have a bit-part role but can definitely step up when required.

Soyuncu has looked competent at this level in the few games he's played, and I think the club will persevere with him. I'm optimistic that once he's settled he'll be making claims for Evans' spot alongside Benkovic.

Hughes, Knight, Pascanu, Johnson et al. look to be decent young options we could call on in a pinch.

More than enough if we play 4 at the back. If 3atb is preferred then that changes the approach slightly.

I'd rather secure Tielemans then spend the money on someone like Adams to work alongside Vardy with a view to replacing him, and potentially a second option like Austin.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

You only keep your best players if you believe you can’t replace them with the money being offered and for £65m, you can.

I ,nor any of you are market managers or LCFC bookkeepers....The club will buy ,sell and make business how they see fit.

..Any fans speculation or assumption should not be whether we can afford to hold onto our talented players,then build an opinion around it because some posters actually don't like player A,B or C.

Screaming out to buy and strengthen our midfield,but sell in an area of defence,namely CBs,where we have struggled for near on four years...!!! Not forgetting we have no idea how Soyu,nor Benkovic will pan out for the near future...

Great business I am sure...!!I

The team and squad stays our strength....plus the coaches, not the training ground. 

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Tomany on here seem to believe this we are rich shite. Now the champions league has gone we are no more rich than Watford. 

Just have spuds have stopped spending to fund a ground we need to fund a £100m training ground. Also another £150m+ ground expansion. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

The bolded bit is correct. The rest... not so much.

Our best player, currently, is Tielemans. Its quite possible we can't afford to keep him beyond this season as it stands, so in order to raise those funds we can look to sell one of our other assets to make up the money (plus change).

In this case, the cover for Tielemans is poor as we don't have anyone else who can do what he does at that sort of level. At CB, if we lost Maguire we'd still be able to put out a first-choice pairing of Evans and Benkovic (who was getting rave reviews in Scotland and comparisons to VVD), with another young international in reserve (Soyuncu), club captain Morgan and a host of takented youngsters waiting for a chance. We wouldn't even have to spend a penny to replace Maguire.

If the fee is right and will enable us to sign YT, then it's a no-brainer.

Presumption doesn't keep you in top 8!!!!  We have no idea how Benkovic or Soyu will pan out..Evans has injury baggage!!!

If you hadn't noticed,this very forum was screaming for CBs. Now we have one season,including Morgan ,a defence starting to  be looking ok..only

You and others want to ditch a Leicester & proved international,because you think we can gamble,that Tielemans will solve our all round game...

My wife comes from a black forest farm,but it's  this forum that has in its back garden per head....a hell of a lot more BULLSHIT..!!

Plus if you want to keep the same,why sack Puel!!!  Tielemans or nothing is not the equation,nor the end solution.

Why posters want to sacrifice a proven,top international is well beyond all rational thought...then trying to assume or compare scenarios,after our last

Few years....God help us!!   If fans become a cooperative!!!

21 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The part I'd dispute is that he's one of our best players. I reckon Vardy, Ricardo, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison would all be harder to replace. You could argue even Evans.

Fair point, Evans is our best defender.

10 minutes ago, StevieB said:

90m price tag on his head (Mercury source) go on then ?

Mercury just quoting from Daily Star and their incredible journalism.

'Reports from the Daily Star claim that City have told Manchester United it will take £90 million to prise Harry Maguire away from the East Midlands.'

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

If Congerton is employed make that 10 90 at all times :ph34r:

£90m ridiculous.

Manure should just sign out of contract David Luis from Chelsea. A better player going forward and defending.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Presumption doesn't keep you in top 8!!!!  We have no idea how Benkovic or Soyu will pan out..Evans has injury baggage!!!

If you hadn't noticed,this very forum was screaming for CBs. Now we have one season,including Morgan ,a defence starting to  be looking ok..only

You and others want to ditch a Leicester & proved international,because you think we can gamble,that Tielemans will solve our all round game...

My wife comes from a black forest farm,but it's  this forum that has in its back garden per head....a hell of a lot more BULLSHIT..!!

Plus if you want to keep the same,why sack Puel!!!  Tielemans or nothing is not the equation,nor the end solution.

Why posters want to sacrifice a proven,top international is well beyond all rational thought...then trying to assume or compare scenarios,after our last

Jeez. Normally your posts don't make any sense but this really takes the biscuit.

No-one wants to lose Maguire. What people are doing - which you fail to understand - is weighing up the benefits of keeping Maguire versus selling him for an overpriced fee and reinvesting the funds. Tielemans has arguably produced more for this club in the last 3-4 weeks than Maguire has all season.

You say we have no idea how Benkovic/Soyuncu will turn out (although we do), but you could quite easily turn that on its head. We have no idea if Maguire will ever have another season like 17/18 again. That might have been his flash-in-the-pan and he's gone back to being a good - if unspectacular - PL CB. If that turns out to be the case after we reject £50m+ offers for him then we'll look like mugs for not cashing in and trusting our other otions.

Oh, and you also mention that we "want to ditch a Leicester & proved international,because you think we can gamble,that Tielemans will solve our all round game". Need I remind you that Tielemans is also a 'Leicester & proved international', who was part of the team which beat Maguire's England twice...

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

...and then we bought three of them, one it seems specifically on the assumption Maguire would be off.

There has to be some offer that makes you go '**** it, we have to take that'. For me anything north of 60 million and it's a no-brainer. What's your figure? If there was a concrete offer (I can't believe I'm writing this) of £100 million - would you say OK to that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

...and then we bought three of them, one it seems specifically on the assumption Maguire would be off.

There has to be some offer that makes you go '**** it, we have to take that'. For me anything north of 60 million and it's a no-brainer. What's your figure? If there was a concrete offer (I can't believe I'm writing this) of £100 million - would you say OK to that?

No..!!  I did it once for my granma..:banana:

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Jeez. Normally your posts don't make any sense but this really takes the biscuit.

No-one wants to lose Maguire. What people are doing - which you fail to understand - is weighing up the benefits of keeping Maguire versus selling him for an overpriced fee and reinvesting the funds. Tielemans has arguably produced more for this club in the last 3-4 weeks than Maguire has all season.

You say we have no idea how Benkovic/Soyuncu will turn out (although we do), but you could quite easily turn that on its head. We have no idea if Maguire will ever have another season like 17/18 again. That might have been his flash-in-the-pan and he's gone back to being a good - if unspectacular - PL CB. If that turns out to be the case after we reject £50m+ offers for him then we'll look like mugs for not cashing in and trusting our other otions.

Oh, and you also mention that we "want to ditch a Leicester & proved international,because you think we can gamble,that Tielemans will solve our all round game". Need I remind you that Tielemans is also a 'Leicester & proved international', who was part of the team which beat Maguire's England twice...

Tielemans hasnt yet signed for Leicester...and I love Ginger biscuits...and fig rolls..:P

I prefer a biscuit in the hand,than one promised from the jar..  Love a good dunk Now!!!   not at tea time...:yahoo: