Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

4 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Anyone else not too bothered if he stays or goes for the money banded around? 

Obviously because he's such a likeable bloke and an England starter I would want to keep him, but from a playing perspective I don't think it's such a disaster if we do lose him to be honest.   

I'd sell him for any amount of money that gets Tielemans in tbh. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd sell him for any amount of money that gets Tielemans in tbh. 

This.

Having Maguire stay and missing out on Tielemans leaves us with the dilemma of falling back on N'Didi + Mendy once more. Maguire is a decent player no doubt but if it means selling him in order to get a stronger midfield it would be worth it.  

Manchester United are still arguably one of the top 3 clubs in the world and still possibly the biggest one in England. Anyone who is comparing us to them in terms of stature, revenue, history or size is quite frankly stupid. We finished miles behind them again this season, and they are in 'turmoil'. They're only one appointment away from becoming a major force again, they'll always be up there due to their revenue streams. If Manchester United come calling and offer Maguire first team football as well as a major payrise, he'd be a fool not to go.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Manchester United are still arguably one of the top 3 clubs in the world and still possibly the biggest one in England. Anyone who is comparing us to then in terms of stature, revenue, history or size is quite frankly stupid. We finished miles behind them again this season, and they are in 'turmoil'. They're only one appointment away from becoming a major force again, they'll always be up there due to their revenue streams. If Manchester United come calling and offer Maguire first team football as well as a major payrise, he'd be a fool not to go.

No doubt Maguire will be holding out for a better club than United for his next move 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Manchester United are still arguably one of the top 3 clubs in the world and still possibly the biggest one in England. Anyone who is comparing us to then in terms of stature, revenue, history or size is quite frankly stupid. We finished miles behind them again this season, and they are in 'turmoil'. They're only one appointment away from becoming a major force again, they'll always be up there due to their revenue streams. If Manchester United come calling and offer Maguire first team football as well as a major payrise, he'd be a fool not to go.

They won't be winning the PL for a few years yet they're so far behind the top two.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

They won't be winning the PL for a few years yet they're so far behind the top two. 

Maybe. All it takes is for Klopp and Pep to leave the top 2 and it could be wide open again. I think Pep will do another 2 or 3 years at Man City then he'll be off, but I can see Klopp staying for 4+ years at Liverpool.

My point was though that they'll always be in and around the top of the premiership, regardless of who their manager is and how their season goes, purely because they're a massive club with huge budgets. Maguire would be much more likely to win a cup and have European football at United than he would here.

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone who is comparing us to them in terms of stature, revenue, history or size is quite frankly stupid.

Can you please find me a quote on this thread or on the forum where anyone has said this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

1D5D6B90-D60D-4C8C-B418-76C5AD21FC83.png

lol that’s right. the papers always get it right.

hed prefer man City but he’s be happy to go to man united. supported them as a kid and would have signed for them last summer if we hadn’t blocked it.

People are quite clearly saying why would he choose to go Manchester United over us, comparing the clubs as a whole. They are bigger and better than us in every single way, from wages, to current league position, to past history, to facilities. Maybe we have a better manager, that's about itlol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

lol that’s right. the papers always get it right.

hed prefer man City but he’s be happy to go to man united. supported them as a kid and would have signed for them last summer if we hadn’t blocked it.

He’d be a right clown to go utd if city are interested, even spurs are a more appealing side these days

Take it with a pinch of salt but what I was hearing tonight from some interesting and probably good sources is that Maguire in Manchester bound in one way or another. He's gone in terms of head and heart - but LCFC need the fee.

I would expect one of the clubs to meet the valuation or for there to be some movement, so ultimately start reconciling yourself to the fact he might well be gone.

Big rumours as well that United will make a very large offer for Madders.. Could be a rough few weeks.

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

People are quite clearly saying why would he choose to go Manchester United over us, comparing the clubs as a whole. They are bigger and better than us in every single way, from wages, to current league position, to past history, to facilities. Maybe we have a better manager, that's about itlol

No, people are comparing the current situations with the two clubs.  Tielemans might choose us over United, he might not.  We might displace United in the top six next year, we might not.  From the outside, it does seem as though they are a club in disarray with a toxic whiff and on a downward trajectory.

Their history, size, wages, facilities etc etc is far superior of course but nobody is saying that it is not.

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

No, people are comparing the current situations with the two clubs.  Tielemans might choose us over United, he might not.  We might displace United in the top six next year, we might not.  From the outside, it does seem as though they are a club in disarray with a toxic whiff and on a downward trajectory.

Their history, size, wages, facilities etc etc is far superior of course but nobody is saying that it is not.

You're a LCFC fan.

Harry in not a LCFC fan.

Just sit and think that over aside from any preconceptions for a moment.

I'm not saying he will go. Clearly he still has a big decision to make, but you cannot think that its impossible or unthinkable?

30 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

You're a LCFC fan.

Harry in not a LCFC fan.

I'm not saying he will go. Clearly he still has a big decision to make, but you cannot think that its impossible or unthinkable?

That's not what he was saying.

6 hours ago, Adster said:

Can you please find me a quote on this thread or on the forum where anyone has said this? 

On 18/06/2019 at 00:44, Clarkey123 said:

Harry would leave for city but to go United would be a sidestep. Ugly football club 

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

You're a LCFC fan.

Harry in not a LCFC fan.

No of course not.  I didn't mention Harry, but Tielemans.  That is literally what I just said.  He might go to United he might not.

At no point did I say it was unthinkable or that choosing either club is influenced by what club they support nor did I show any bias on my part as an LCFC fan.  You didn't read it properly did you?

Edited by murphy

3 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

He’d be a right clown to go utd if city are interested, even spurs are a more appealing side these days

If Man City don’t offer us an acceptable amount then he won’t have that option.

If Man United want to turn their team around then, from their point of view, Maguire ( and a few others) is the sort of player to aim for.

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

On 18/06/2019 at 00:44, Clarkey123 said:

Harry would leave for city but to go United would be a sidestep. Ugly football club 

And how does that compare us and the size, revenue and history of Man Utd? 

I suggest reading it again, son.