Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What people also forget is we are still paying off previous transfers as a lot of them are phased over a number of years. We aren't suddenly going to spend £50-100m net spend, it astonishes me why this doesn't compute.

Percy says busy summer and major funds :ph34r:

Rodgers has been assured of major funds this summer in his bid to break the Premier League’s top six, after finishing the last campaign in ninth-place.

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A) selling a player (downwards) doesn’t generally change what you owe them. Those we want to sell have limited fee value and clubs they would go to won’t pay them what we are - hence we have to pay them the shortfall over the balance of their LCFC contract period.

b) why would a player renegotiate their contract downwards ?

True we got ourselves in this mess in the first place transfer fees can sometimes equate to the wages that we otherwise we would have had to pay out but thats usually for players that are actually worth it. (Say maguire)

My point isn't that we aren't going to get our money back its too late now I've miscomunicated that. My point is that we should try and claw back some of the money. Also getting rid helps with ffp seeing as our wage bill can only rise by a certian amount.

As for your second point they won't  renegotiate a lower wage but then again some other players on that list are stealing a wage in comparison for the going rate of someone their quality. I don't think I would really want any of those players to stay longer but contract renegotiations with us where they receive a  lower wage is probably the only way they are going to be earning anywhere near what they are earning right now. So it could be an option especially if we find ourselves in europe next season and need players. But then again the better option would always be to get rid.

Edited by Fightforever

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s fair on the 9th August .....until then it isn’t ..... last summer, Claude wasn’t trusted to spend big beyond mahrez fee .....the summer before, neither was shakey.  

Brendan is trusted and will be backed .......

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Percy says busy summer and major funds :ph34r:

Rodgers has been assured of major funds this summer in his bid to break the Premier League’s top six, after finishing the last campaign in ninth-place.

All I keep reading is, we have to sort Tielemans before focusing on other areas/players. But if Rodgers has been promised a certain amount which seemingly is a serious amount, this doesn't make sense. Why wait and potentially miss out on other targets whilst trying to sign a player who might mull over offers from bigger clubs?

I dont see how getting Tielemans means we suddenly then go and bid £30m on a winger and £20m on a striker. Why does it need to be in that order? Seems like excuses to me. I'm convinced this summer will play out like the last few, we'll only properly spend when we've sold.

8 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

So Man City are under the spotlight for FFP

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7165541/Why-City-cusp-thrown-Champions-League.html

Yet about to break the record for a defender in buying Maguire off us?!

I'm confused.

I cannot imagine Pep paying £80 million for Maquire when he thought he was too slow and could be exposed prior to our game with mc

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All I keep reading is, we have to sort Tielemans before focusing on other areas/players. But if Rodgers has been promised a certain amount which seemingly is a serious amount, this doesn't make sense. Why wait and potentially miss out on other targets whilst trying to sign a player who might mull over offers from bigger clubs?

I dont see how getting Tielemans means we suddenly then go and bid £30m on a winger and £20m on a striker. Why does it need to be in that order? Seems like excuses to me. I'm convinced this summer will play out like the last few, we'll only properly spend when we've sold.

I do agree with you that it doesn’t make sense the only thing that I could think of maybe it’s to stop Monaco pushing the price up further, they know Tielemans is our top target this summer so if they see us throwing around 25m+ on a winger first for example they may think we have a lot to spend and start pushing the Tielemans price up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Breaking on sky, both Manchester teams told us they willing to pay £65 million for him

That's nice. I'm willing to pay less than the asking price for a car, doesn't mean I'm going to get it...

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That's nice. I'm willing to pay less than the asking price for a car, doesn't mean I'm going to get it...

Especially if I offer £10,000,000 less than the seller wants...

Edited by Beechey

7 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Breaking on sky, both Manchester teams told us they willing to pay £65 million for him

Deliberately trying to unsettle the player to force a move through for a lower price?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Hate Rob Dorset with a passion. Breaks stories with no substance or additional info that what everybody already knows ....

The reason why we have put such a huge value on Maguire is that we don't need to sell him, the club isn't skint far from it, so they put a value to stop other clubs coming in for him, 65mill is to low imo, we only sold Mahrez cause he through the toys out of his pram, has Maguire asked to leave the club I don't think he has, we nerd to keep our best players if we are going to compete for Europe this season, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What people also forget is we are still paying off previous transfers as a lot of them are phased over a number of years. We aren't suddenly going to spend £50-100m net spend, it astonishes me why this doesn't compute.

True, but wouldn't it be the case that any current transfers would also be phased over a number of years, so it is less upfront with deferred payments in the future?