Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

34 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Be nice if he just said  "I don't want to leave"  ...   

Why should he have to?  By saying nothing he's giving the club maximum leverage (unlike a certain someone I could mention) and ensuring there will be no recriminations no matter the outcome.  I don't see how any Leicester fan could possibly ask more of a player than what Harry has given us with this potential sale.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Club are doing well here, they've set a (rough) price and won't entertain anything below it. Seems to be a united front from the usual journos on our side as well which helps. 

Seems we've finally learnt our lesson. 

It's refreshing to see. The influx of money from TV contracts mean that the 'smaller' teams don't need to sell and can simply set their price.

The big 6 arent used to it and are still just trying to chuck their reputation around; but apart from Man City and Liverpool a lot don't have that pull anymore. 

I bloody love it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Look at the nett spend and again in jan - the only purchase that looked like it was a puel buy was ghezzal. (In the same way that you could pin benny and perhaps kappy on ranieri) 

the club will always want to have the manager on board with a signing. Despite what the noises were, I never felt Claude was trusted to be here long term and this reflected that. 

And yes - aug 9th will be significant in both directions

I was never Puels biggest fan but I am fairly confident that Ricardo was another one of his signings and without Puel we probably wouldn't have got him in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

I was never Puels biggest fan but I am fairly confident that Ricardo was another one of his signings and without Puel we probably wouldn't have got him in.

Ricardo was a class full back at Porto 

If our scouting team hadn’t identified him then they need to be retired!  Whether puel being here encouraged him to sign for us is another matter. Im confident that our scouting team hadn’t identified ghezzal as a good option for our right side........

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ricardo was a class full back at Porto 

If our scouting team hadn’t identified him then they need to be retired!  Whether puel being here encouraged him to sign for us is another matter. Im confident that our scouting team hadn’t identified ghezzal as a good option for our right side........

Even if we wanted him, we wouldn’t have stood a chance with raneiri or Shakespeare in charge. We’d probably have been happy with Simpson with those two in charge anyway because of the backwards tactics used.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Why should he have to?  By saying nothing he's giving the club maximum leverage (unlike a certain someone I could mention) and ensuring there will be no recriminations no matter the outcome.  I don't see how any Leicester fan could possibly ask more of a player than what Harry has given us with this potential sale.

Sorry just don't see that ...   if he doesn't want to leave why can't he just say so .....    quite happy to say Maddison and some of the other younger players should stay at the club ....    why not him ?      Or does he mean stay here lads and if you get a bit better then come and join me ..   :ph34r:

• Sad 1

It's interesting. IMO he's not worth any more than 40m to Man U. They don't play in a way that maximises his ability to play out of the back and turn into a makeshift midfielder. They also already have tall players who do well in aerial duels (Harry's biggest statistical strength).

On the other hand he's worth more than 80m to Man City. They lack a tall presence at set pieces and their defenders don't have to sit back and defend nearly as much. Counter-intuitive but his addition would improve Man C's squad more than Man U's.

• Like 1

Harry is our player and under contract, he is a level (slab) headed chap who has never tried to get a transfer away, if we sell him it must be on our terms purely for the money which I hope not so why are the gutter press trying to rock our excellent boat... 

What's he's worth and what we'd sell him for are two totally different things.

My gaff is valued at around £250k. But I CBA to sell it and find another place, if I'm honest. However, if some pilllock wants to give me £350k for it, I'd look at it.

A polite rebuff to the two Manchester clubs is all that's required. He's not for sale...but everything has their price. If you want him, make us an offer we can't refuse

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Hope we keep reminding him that Pep thinks he's slow and our weakest link. 

Good point my man!

18 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

My gaff is valued at around £250k. But I CBA to sell it and find another place, if I'm honest. However, if some pilllock wants to give me £350k for it, I'd look at it.

A polite rebuff to the two Manchester clubs is all that's required. He's not for sale...but everything has their price. If you want him, make us an offer we can't refuse

Always appreciate it when someone uses the word pillock!

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

They need to pay the going rate for an English International defender. That starts at over +£75 million, until they start talking those figures just tell them to do one. 

Even though none have gone for over £50m?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gerard said:

We're not strapped for cash but we don't have unlimited funds either.

£80m net spend is astronomical for a club like ours and is unsustainable. Only both the Manchester clubs have averaged more than an £80m net spend over the last five years. This table is net spend over the last five years:

p1d3oaoukr7l91fala7p4r713139.jpg

What the **** is going on at Southampton?

The longer this drags on, the more I can see him either not going or going for silly money. 

The window shuts earlier this season so there'll be more effort from clubs to get deals sorted quickly. We're almost at July now, which leaves, what...5 weeks? No "major" deals have been done/ confirmed as yet (Everton's deal for Gomes was foregone conclusion given his loan). 

I think a lot of this window hinges on what happens with Neymar and Real Madrid, personally. They are going to spend big. Hazard is a bit of a non-event because it's been mooted for ages and Chelsea can't buy in so that money is going nowhere. 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

They haven't no but given that Liverpool paid £75m for Virgil van Dijk it seems a fair valuation as none have sold for a while since Stones. 

Not really. Harry is nowhere near where VVD was when he was at Southampton, nor as ridiculously hyped as Stones when he was at Everton.

Doesn`t mean we shouldn't hold out for the 75m + you mentioned, it just has nothing to do with ability.

30 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Show off.  X