Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There was still no precedent for English defenders being worth that, before about three hours ago. The money also hasn’t gone up that much... and that doesn’t really matter about state run clubs!

if wingers are valued at 80 million who at the time barely played a game for england ( sancho) then absolutely there’s a precedent for england’s regular and established CB to be worth the same.

If we get £80m then I'd absolutely sell him, but I think we'll end up keeping him as I can't see Maguire throwing his toys out the pram.

We've got a young team for the most part but with decent experience as well. Chilwell and Maddison are coming off the back of their first full PL seasons, as well as Ricardo, but we've got enough experience as well in the likes of Schmeichel, Vardy & Evans. Even N'didi has got a couple of seasons behind him now and he's only 22.

Personally, I'd take the money and go for Ozan Kabak @ Stuttgart. Think he won rookie of the year award (or something) despite only playing half a season in a team that ended up getting relegated in the play-off. 19-years-old and a release clause around €16m, though Bayern have been sniffing around.

Use another £40m of the money on Tielemans and there's still plenty to play with in the transfer kitty to bring in a quality winger if the club's rumoured financial backing this summer is to be believed.

Edited by Frost

The only way he's going to go is if he hands in a transfer request.

The media will continue their assumptions on the situation until if he actually does so or by the time the transfer window ends.

Sounds like lazy journalism to attract more clickbaits.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

So they've bid £40 million after being quoted £80 million, then it was £65 million but then we wanted £75 million and now it is £100 million?

Absolute bollocks, the lot of it.

Rudkin has sent his cousin Dave to negotiate the price

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

Even though none have gone for over £50m?

John Stones went for £50m back in 2016.   

The thing is, there really isn't that many English CBs in the Premier League and even fewer that have been sold, so it is difficult to set a precedent.

Laporte went to Man City for £57m last year even though he couldn't get into the French squad.

Edited by murphy

I normally hate this comment. 

"But can we shut this thread" 

Until one of these wankey clubs make a offer. They are either playing us or this has no truth. 

Everything upto now is bollox imo. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

The Wan Bissaka fee is gobsmackingly crazy. If there’s any logic to it, Harry’s worth over £100M.

He’s not leaving anyway. I trust in Rob Tanner!

Its the market rate, I tried to explain this to you guys earlier.  People keep acting shocked as if every new fee is crazy or something, its "normal" for 2019 for a proven EPL player to a large club.

Wan Bissaka was not market rate, but Man Utd has now made it so. If AWB, who has had one decent season, no first team international experience, and goes for 50m, then Harry is easily worth 100m. No one will pay that.

Close thread. However the enititleds on the caf and blue moon are outraged lol

If we don’t want to sell, he’s worth whatever value we state. 

To be quite frank, if you valued your house at £100,000,000 and someone came and offered you £45,000,000. You flat out reject it with the message ..... “come back when you’re willing to pay the asking price”.

If they kept coming back with silly offers, you’d tell them to basically bugger off and to go and sit on a road cone.

16 minutes ago, Sly said:

To be quite frank, if you valued your house at £100,000,000 and someone came and offered you £45,000,000. You flat out reject it with the message ..... “come back when you’re willing to pay the asking price”.

If they kept coming back with silly offers, you’d tell them to basically bugger off and to go and sit on a road cone.

But a house doesn’t have ambitions and feelings (and family) .......I’m afraid it’s not that simple ...... hopefully  HM will respect the club enough but if Man City are set on this (due to their home grown player issues) then I can’t see it 

Edited by st albans fox

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

I normally hate this comment. 

"But can we shut this thread" 

Until one of these wankey clubs make a offer. They are either playing us or this has no truth. 

Everything upto now is bollox imo. 

Thats about the long and short of it. Never seen so much crap in the media about something that actually hasnt taken place. 

• Like 1

The actual value of a player is what the purchasing clubs are prepared to play.

Yes we can play tough and ask for 80 million but if no one is prepared to pay more than 65 million then his worth is 65 million. We can still value him on our books at 80 million but it really is a false figue if we can't actually get that much.

Just now, reynard said:

Yes we can play tough and ask for 80 million but if no one is prepared to pay more than 65 million then his worth is 65 million. We can still value him on our books at 80 million but it really is a false figue if we can't actually get that much.

Actually, if no one is prepared to pay what we ask for we do not need to sell and Maguire does not strike me as the type to go sit in an air port.:P

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

Yes and no. The value to the purchasing club may well be 65m as stated. However, the cost to the selling club can also, perfectly validly set to 100m , due to the selling club feeling this is what player would cost to replace and the loss  of earnings to the club without said player. (League position, etc)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wan Bissaka was not market rate, but Man Utd has now made it so. If AWB, who has had one decent season, no first team international experience, and goes for 50m, then Harry is easily worth 100m. No one will pay that.

Close thread. However the enititleds on the caf and blue moon are outraged lol

I remember having these chats about Mahrez then ending up with £65m. I hope it’s not deja vu. lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I read this as 'horse' first time I read your post. I was thinking fvck me that's a lot of money for a horse.