davieG

King Power Thai Power Unveils ‘Thai Natural Dye Collection’

A new Thai Natural Dye collection, created using traditional techniques by northern Thai communities, is now on sale in the Foxes Fanstore at King Power Stadium.

The natural hand-dyed and hand-woven clothes and accessories reflect the beauty and heritage of local Northern Thai culture as well as wisdom passed on from generations to generations.

Designed and curated by three Northern Thai communities under the concept ‘Northern Thai Glory,’ the modern Thai collection features multi-designed natural hand-dyed t-shirts, a tote bag and hand-woven caps suitable for every occasion.

The collection derives into four main colours from natural raw materials which are processed through ‘hot dyeing’ process. During this, the heat is used to extract colours from a plant or ‘cold dyeing’ process in which the cloth is soaked in water with a plant to extract natural colours. These are light blue/blue from Indigo leaves, brown-grey from resin of Ebony, orange from Anatto’s seeds, and yellow from Indian Trumpet Flower’s leaves. The dyed fibre gives natural colour and incredible comfort.

Then, the natural dyed fibre from Lamphun Province is weaved with Chiang Mai’s Chok Mae Chaem technique which originated from the skill of Phaya Koean Kaew descendants of Chiang Saen period 200 years ago. Nowadays, Phasin Teen Chok is listed as a priceless part of Thailand’s cultural heritage and an intellectual property of Mae Jaem people in Chiang Mai Province. There are 16 patterns registered and this collection features Dok Chan and Khom Hua Morn patterns. Two of Mae Chaem’s specific patterns are weaved for pillows and an upside-down Tor Chok as the LCFC logo - an exclusive technique created especially for King Power. 

These products are now available to purchase in the Foxes Fanstore at King Power Stadium and online at https://shop.lcfc.com/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In fairness a couple of those shirts look quite good.  Sadly they only appear to be selling them in Thai male sizes and not natural 'fat boy' English like me! Thai 2xl = Leicester M 😂 What about the man with the fuller figure? 

I spent 3 years learning the ability to dye my fine furniture with natural plant/bug dyes. It is extremely labor intensive but the colors are one of a kind and beyond beautiful in a naturally inconsistent way.

A technology that existed more than 150 years ago before the creation of modern aniline dyes in the 1850s. Best Wishes in your venture. Looking forward to seeing more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

I spent 3 years learning the ability to dye my fine furniture with natural plant/bug dyes. It is extremely labor intensive but the colors are one of a kind and beyond beautiful in a naturally inconsistent way.

A technology that existed more than 150 years ago before the creation of modern aniline dyes in the 1850s. Best Wishes in your venture. Looking forward to seeing more.

You need to get out more 😂

• Haha 1

Look like those heat sensitive t-shirts you used to get back in the late 80s that changed colour when you got hot!

21 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Look like those heat sensitive t-shirts you used to get back in the late 80s that changed colour when you got hot!

Think that's called sweat lol

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

These have been in the club shop for a while king power sent a load over and not one had been sold 

Throw the fox leisure logo on them and watch the cash roll in.

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So, is this tie-dye or Thai-dye?

Both? It isn't really my field, tbf. I just wear whatever is closest to the bed in the morning.

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I just wear whatever is closest to the bed in the morning.

catWear.JPG.88a2556a397e30354f3b1a8f6a2621b5.JPG

Me too!  Damn thing gets heavy though.

• Haha 1

All my plain white T-Shirts look like this after my partner washes them together with her smalls at 80 degrees.