Sign in to follow this  
davieG

Papy Mendy

On 15/07/2019 at 13:22, Ric Flair said:

The man has zero goals and zero assists in his ENTIRE time at Leicester, it's pretty damning.

Good ball into Albrighton today tho, maybe BR can get more out of him.

• Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, having a player like Mendy is brilliant for the team. Really hope he sticks around. He seems to have a top attitude too. 

• Like 1

And yet as soon as Mendy starts getting on the bench or appearances over Choudhury there'll be murders on here. Go and read that England v France U21 match thread and find any level headed posts about Choudhury from his 1st half performance. The hype was unreal. Mendy is 3rd choice.

• Like 3

Mendy looks fitter to me so far and also more confident! Definite keep for this season! 

Edited by Lesta2014

This guy has a touch of the Danny Simpson about him keep imho. But seems some just want him gone.

Can think of a few that need to be gotten rid of first.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet as soon as Mendy starts getting on the bench or appearances over Choudhury there'll be murders on here. Go and read that England v France U21 match thread and find any level headed posts about Choudhury from his 1st half performance. The hype was unreal. Mendy is 3rd choice.

I'm pretty sure Rodgers doesn't give a fxxk. It's his ass that's on the line and he's not going to start playing favorites here.

Produce what he wants or get in the stands or ride the pine.

Choudhury seems to have more of an all around game to him though. We'll see. Either way this two defensive midfielder look has got to go.

One of them has to be scoring more goals and creating a more attacking threat.

Edited by SO1

Rodgers will be pushing him to make those forward passes like we seen with his assist today and he is more than capable of pulling them off.

He was in chains under Puel, he also has a great long range pass on him, I think with Maddison, Tielemans, Nididi, Mendy and Choudary the middle of the park is pretty strong.

Definitely wouldn't want to flog him for the sake of it, even if he leaves for free next summer. Does a job and is almost out of the " crap signing " section that almost all 2016 signings were.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Definitely wouldn't want to flog him for the sake of it, even if he leaves for free next summer. Does a job and is almost out of the " crap signing " section that almost all 2016 signings were.

"Crap signing section" :appl:

Played very well again today, I would keep him on the books as I’m sure the alternative of King & Amartey are miles away of being good enough...

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Should have played Silva then 

? I think he'd worked out very quickly how bloody useless he was with Iborra only a fraction better. When fit I think he rightly played Matty James in preference to both of them.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

"Right, we've won the title with a tight-knit team made up of well-thought-out signings bought for peanuts. Let's use this window to buy a whole bomb squad."

"Don't forget to pin them all down to extra long contracts."

"Thanks. I would have, as well!"

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's all relative though isn't it?  Next to Slim & Musa car crash signings of 2016, anybody would look a half decent signing.

For me, he just doesn't bring enough to the team.  He is a moderate, steady, average, workhorse.

Funny how so many people's opinions change on the strength of a pre season performance at Cheltenham.

• Like 1

Give him a couple of years extension. Still young enough to have value for a few years yet. Get shot of Silva & loan out King and James if possible. Amartey is a good all rounder for cover practically anywhere in a more defensive role. I thinks that gives us plenty in defensive and attacking midfield.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sylofox said:

This guy has a touch of the Danny Simpson about him keep imho. But seems some just want him gone.

Can think of a few that need to be gotten rid of first.

Except he can pass to a teammate. [Sorry Danny, couldn't resist #legend]

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

? I think he'd worked out very quickly how bloody useless he was with Iborra only a fraction better. When fit I think he rightly played Matty James in preference to both of them.

I remember at the Arsenal home game how good Silva and Choudhury were in the middle, they ran the game. Shame Puel didn’t have any faith after that, Silva was good enough but everything that could’ve went wrong did. He isn’t useless, he could’ve been a good player for us if he had been used right, in the current system he’d do well. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I remember at the Arsenal home game how good Silva and Choudhury were in the middle, they ran the game. Shame Puel didn’t have any faith after that, Silva was good enough but everything that could’ve went wrong did. He isn’t useless, he could’ve been a good player for us if he had been used right, in the current system he’d do well. 

He had ample opportunities and more than one manager has discounted him, there must be a reason. Personally I would suggest that he's too slow in thought for the Premiership, he could never even spot let alone catch opposition runners, bar the odd decent pass, the majority were wayward due to dwelling on the ball. He was also physically weak and easily knocked off the ball, he even got bullied by Fleetwood or whoever it was ? His physical attributes he could have perhaps done more about. Does this make him a bad footballer?  No, not really in my opinion because he clearly has ability but just not for our faster pace more physical game. It's a shame and it's nothing personal, he's not the first or last that cant adapt to our game. Unfortunately at his age when we got him it's probably too late. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pappy was physically targeted mid season and it led to him being dropped (as YT arrived)

unless he he has done some work in the gym he isn’t the answer as a holding midfielder in the prem 

In talks with St Etienne.

With only a year left on his deal it makes sense, good luck to him.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/st-etienne-negotiating-with-leicester-for-nampalys-mendy/

St Étienne negotiating with Leicester for Nampalys Mendy

L’Équipe report that Ligue 1 side St Étienne are in active negotiations with Premier League side Leicester City to sign French defensive midfielder Nampalys Mendy, who has just 12 months remaining on his current contract with the Foxes.

The 27-year-old is clearly on the market, but Leicester want to recoup the fee that they paid for him, some €16m in 2016.

Les Verts are trying to negotiate this demand down, with talks ongoing.

• Sad 1