Jump to content
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

Recommended Posts

In the cup final, it will go one of two ways for him

 

Either the game will pass him by, with his runs being snuffed out

 

Or he'll win it for us with a moment of Vardy magic, that we've loved from him many times over the last few years!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Fktf

Looking forward to a vintage vardy display in the fa final, followed by announcing his retirement - if we win it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am torn. I hold out hope his scoring will return to form but he has morphed his game in a positive way.  Time will tell if he is "finished" as the old vardy...i think its evident though we need to focus  more on "life after vardy". Thats not to say we pull him off....but rather how do we integrate a new striker/centre forward and work him to the bench to prolong his career. If he rediscovers form then he starts some games.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We rushed him back too quickly after his hernia op. He was playing a couple days after and has looked slow and out of form since. I don't think we'll ever see vintage Vardy, but he's certainly better then what he's currently showing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vardy has legendary status not just at Leicester but in the game.We need him over the next four games to

get back to some sort of form.He still has the pace maybe in shorter periods of the game and he will finish

off chances . We need to stick by him because after him and Nacho man there is zippo to offer

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so sad to see but he is being carried now and he needs dropping along with Madders. I hope this isn't the end as its a sad way for him to finish. Hoping and praying every game he springs into life but even his goal the other match hasn't helped 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Winsum said:

Vardy has legendary status not just at Leicester but in the game.We need him over the next four games to

get back to some sort of form.He still has the pace maybe in shorter periods of the game and he will finish

off chances . We need to stick by him because after him and Nacho man there is zippo to offer

We have an army of defenders and few attacking options and yet on the transfer thread some want us to sign even more . Vardy has to play at the moment with Barnes injured. If Iheanacho picks up a knock the cupboard will be nearly bare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hales said:

It's so sad to see but he is being carried now and he needs dropping along with Madders. I hope this isn't the end as its a sad way for him to finish. Hoping and praying every game he springs into life but even his goal the other match hasn't helped 😔

And put who in instead of him??

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Wow! I really can't believe some of the things I'm reading in this thread. It was only s couple of games ago that we were praising him on how good his all round game has been and how he's making chances and getting assists for others.

I thought the same, very strange. I don’t think he is finished at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fktf said:

Looking forward to a vintage vardy display in the fa final, followed by announcing his retirement - if we win it.

 Not with the contract he just signed. He’ll see that out, he’d be foolish not to. He only started making the big bucks late in his career. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vardy's record against Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs is excellent and they know it. He'll either turn it on against them or they'll focus too much on him which will leave more space for Nacho

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s unfortunately gone. 
The touch isn’t there. 
Missing good opportunities when they come along. 
Speed went ages ago (I’m not sure why Sky and BT commentators keep saying “he’s just as sharp as ever”. He isn’t). 
We all knew he would decline, but with 2 goals in about 20 games, and one of them being a pen, it’s like he’s fallen off a cliff. But we have no back up, unless we play Kel by himself.  It’s sad, but this was always going to happen. He’s still a legend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

He’s unfortunately gone. 
The touch isn’t there. 
Missing good opportunities when they come along. 
Speed went ages ago (I’m not sure why Sky and BT commentators keep saying “he’s just as sharp as ever”. He isn’t). 
We all knew he would decline, but with 2 goals in about 20 games, and one of them being a pen, it’s like he’s fallen off a cliff. But we have no back up, unless we play Kel by himself.  It’s sad, but this was always going to happen. He’s still a legend. 


He’s injured but playing through it until the end of the season ..  he’s still picked  cus at 80% he’s still there on merit ..  he’s needs sorting out and a good rest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

to me, as long as he doesnt get any other major injuries, hes still not finished imo.

 

YES, his scoring touch isnt there right now,but  come on, have you all seen his playmaking and the gravity he pulls.? as an all around player hes been very fine lately, if he were scoring hed be in fantastic form. his all around game has shown out despite his poor scoring lately. what he needs is just rest. the end of this season couldnt come soon enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think the best move for both clubs is he plays a bit part next season then hopefully we can sell him to an MLS club at the end of next season. Means we can free up 140k a week and spend it on someone who'll be able to contribute meaninfully week in week out. Vardy gets to live the good life in the sun and bag himself plenty of goals in front of a crowd that'll adore him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hales said:

The only player to apologise on social media for the awful performance. Well done Vards!

Leicester through and through like a fan, unreal player. More like him in the team and we wouldn’t crumble. Hopefully he can get that spark back again 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way he shouldn't be in the final, he's a legend. Rest him for united and hell score the winner v Chelsea. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...