Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

King has the same agent as Solskjaer and they’re both dodgy c unts so it wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Kante going to finish the season? Could be a huge boost for us if he doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 of the top 6 interested in Josh King isn’t that unlikely if he’s available at a decent value. 
 

Leicester, Man U, Chelsea and Wolves. Would improve all of the squads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

4 of the top 6 interested in Josh King isn’t that unlikely if he’s available at a decent value. 
 

Leicester, Man U, Chelsea and Wolves. Would improve all of the squads. 

Could even be referring to Sheff u based on PPG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Says Joshua King's agent. 

 

 

Shame that some of these corrupt agents can't be questioned over their integrity in the industry.

Without the massive fees they gain from representing players, a lot of clubs would breathe more freely financially.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Shame that some of these corrupt agents can't be questioned over their integrity in the industry.

Without the massive fees they gain from representing players, a lot of clubs would breathe more freely financially.

He's trying to get his client a better deal, that's his job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He's trying to get his client a better deal, that's his job.

 

He's a ****ing parasite. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

He's a ****ing parasite. 

I bet Josh King doesn't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having watched pretty much every Bundesliga game so far since their season resumed I am buzzing for the prem to resume and think our chances of CL qualification will improve than what was happening before. All of the games being played in germany are like attack versus defence training games, massively favouring the teams that can play football and keep it on the deck, more so than normal. Our style of play should benefit us when we’re back. All of the smaller clubs so far haven’t had a kick against the bigger clubs, apart from Freiburg I think (?) who nicked a draw v Leipzig. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

The Saudis will just grease the right palms. 

 

Newcastle fans are fully able to overlook all the human rights abuses so the small matter of a state owned satellite showing dodgy games is nothing!! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being told it’s now the 26th June to restart. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Having watched pretty much every Bundesliga game so far since their season resumed I am buzzing for the prem to resume and think our chances of CL qualification will improve than what was happening before. All of the games being played in germany are like attack versus defence training games, massively favouring the teams that can play football and keep it on the deck, more so than normal. Our style of play should benefit us when we’re back. All of the smaller clubs so far haven’t had a kick against the bigger clubs, apart from Freiburg I think (?) who nicked a draw v Leipzig. 

First game defeat incoming :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Having watched pretty much every Bundesliga game so far since their season resumed I am buzzing for the prem to resume and think our chances of CL qualification will improve than what was happening before. All of the games being played in germany are like attack versus defence training games, massively favouring the teams that can play football and keep it on the deck, more so than normal. Our style of play should benefit us when we’re back. All of the smaller clubs so far haven’t had a kick against the bigger clubs, apart from Freiburg I think (?) who nicked a draw v Leipzig. 

Yeah all of the games really have the training session feel to them for obvious reasons. I feel like teams that have high intensity training should be at a big advantage and supposedly our training sessions are quite like the matches we've seen in the Bundesliga so far.

 

At the same time though, it's been months without football so it's almost like the season will start again. We made a decent start last time round, but there's no guarantee the same thing will happen again this time round. I hope it does though!

 

 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fitness will be what sees teams through 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah all of the games really have the training session feel to them for obvious reasons. I feel like teams that have high intensity training should be at a big advantage and supposedly our training sessions are quite like the matches we've seen in the Bundesliga so far.

 

At the same time though, it's been months without football so it's almost like the season will start again. We made a decent start last time round, but there's no guarantee the same thing will happen again this time round. I hope it does though!

 

 

Agreed. I don’t think this break would’ve hindered us too badly to be fair because we were really starting to stall post-Xmas. I know we beat Villa and West Ham but we were looking tired and out of ideas. Hopefully the break gives the lads the rest they needed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bert said:

The fitness will be what sees teams through 

Yeah this will be huge. We forget that usually we have friendlies to get sharp. 

 

Naturally fit players are going to thrive. I wouldn’t be surprised if Albrighton was our best player for the first few weeks. It seems like he is alway one of the sharp ones in the early pre-season games. 

 

Theres definitely going to be a few players that are going to be miles off it for a few games. 

 

I also think that we might see a worse Vardy. Really hope I’m wrong but he seems like a player that thrives off the crowd. Without that kicking him on we might not get the same player. 

 

Players that dont handle pressure well might now show us some talent we didn’t realise they had. I’m not sure who in our squad that could be, but my money would be on Iheanacho. He seems like a guy who the crowd puts off more than improves. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah this will be huge. We forget that usually we have friendlies to get sharp. 

 

Naturally fit players are going to thrive. I wouldn’t be surprised if Albrighton was our best player for the first few weeks. It seems like he is alway one of the sharp ones in the early pre-season games. 

 

Theres definitely going to be a few players that are going to be miles off it for a few games. 

It'll be really interesting to see the fitness levels, will give us an idea of the dedication some players have without a coach banging on at them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah this will be huge. We forget that usually we have friendlies to get sharp. 

 

Naturally fit players are going to thrive. I wouldn’t be surprised if Albrighton was our best player for the first few weeks. It seems like he is alway one of the sharp ones in the early pre-season games. 

 

Theres definitely going to be a few players that are going to be miles off it for a few games. 

 

I also think that we might see a worse Vardy. Really hope I’m wrong but he seems like a player that thrives off the crowd. Without that kicking him on we might not get the same player. 

 

Players that dont handle pressure well might now show us some talent we didn’t realise they had. I’m not sure who in our squad that could be, but my money would be on Iheanacho. He seems like a guy who the crowd puts off more than improves. 

I think Chilly will be glad the boo squad wont be there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

The Saudis will just grease the right palms. 

 

Newcastle fans are fully able to overlook all the human rights abuses so the small matter of a state owned satellite showing dodgy games is nothing!! 

If we were a struggling club with a crap owner we'd welcome them with open arms. There were plenty of people who were trying the Thai human rights thing when our owners took over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of our troubles from December have been due to fatigue so the break might have done us some good, however I worry for someone like Tielemans who isn't naturally match fit and will need some games to get going again. I haven't spotted him on any of the training pictures, assume he is back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...