Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I’ve been quite impressed with Norwich in the top 2/3 of the pitch but my word Liverpool aren’t even out of 2nd gear and it’s 3-0. Their defence is shocking

Could be a huge score. Back when I used to play Fifa career mode, when popping one in every ten minutes of a game it was time to turn the difficulty up

Just now, SystonFox said:

Why?

Full of Pool fans, been mentioned a few times, kind of me having a sarcastic dig at the amount of plastic pool supporters! 

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

This actually could end up 6+

They're scoring at a rate of 1 per 10mins so far...

EDIT: Good save, there...

Edited by PhillippaT

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

How many could this be? Norwich are wide open...

Mate I wouldn’t compare Norwich to wide open things, be careful.

• Haha 1

When did a side last get promoted and spend as little as they have? Not sure if thats ballsy or ignorant

Daniel Farke looks like a Roger Federer who's been out on the piss

• Haha 4

On a positive, Max Aarons looks decent,  and even the LB is good going forward.  l won't mention his defending. 

Just now, Izzy said:

Daniel Farke looks like a Roger Federer who's been out on the piss

And eaten another Roger Federer. 

With a Rafa Nadal on the side. 

Just now, Walkers said:

When did a side last get promoted and spend as little as they have? Not sure if thats ballsy or ignorant

Yeah I was discussing this with a customer earlier, it is abit weird. Don’t really know much about Norwich and their owners these days though. Either they don’t care if they go down due to the financial rewards or they genuinely think they have enough as they are.

As a newly promoted Norwich fan I imagine you’d be really excited, then within half an hour it’s hello football reality! Still take heart as I imagine not many teams will come away with any points at Anfield. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Yeah I was discussing this with a customer earlier, it is abit weird. Don’t really know much about Norwich and their owners these days though. Either they don’t care if they go down due to the financial rewards or they genuinely think they have enough as they are.

Probably that any half decent players are not going to sign for Norwich. They needed to cherry pick from the previous seasons relegated clubs and hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

As a newly promoted Norwich fan I imagine you’d be really excited, then within half an hour it’s hello football reality! Still take heart as I imagine not many teams will come away with any points at Anfield. 

We were one of very few last year weren’t we? They’ll take some stopping this year I think, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Why would you get promoted and not strengthen your team

Norwich’s unimproved defense (mediocre even in the Championship) is going to vaporize the “better to keep the lads together than do a Fulham” theory.  We’ll see how Villa do with the opposite approach.

The truth is so obviously in the middle -- keep the spine of what got you there, but invest where you are obviously weak or thin by PL standard.

• Like 2

Typical - this sort of thing happens just because I've got Alisson in my FT :P  Well, I hope he's okay and it's not serious! :fc: