Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They're only a doubt for Bournemouth 

Depends on how this happened, not good if Pogba has thrown another strop 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's from a parody site according to Twitter.

That will get the Man U fans worried lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like Daily Mirror from that link , and not a parody.

 

For our top 4 aspirations I hope it's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Bear said:

 

All they need to say is that any goal scored DIRECTLY from the arm/hand gets chalked off (Boly scoring against Man City). Everything else should be up to the ref to decide if it was enough of a deflection to significantly alter the attack. 

Giving the referee an option to use common sense will expose all the conspiracy theories that abound on here 

 

I agree about the direct goal and also a direct assist (but then moura last night was a direct assist) ...... where does a player falling to the ground and extending his arm more than he needs to differ from a player who doesn’t fall to the ground but the ball is still struck against his arm tight to his side from a foot away ??  neither is deliberate..neither is intentional ....both result in a goal scoring opportunity....... not sure what the answer is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this Black Lives Matter kneel-down act by the players etc run until the end of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Will this Black Lives Matter kneel-down act by the players etc run until the end of the season?

Yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for giggles what do you guys think the biggest shocker of the day could be;

(a) Foxes beat Palace or...

 

(b) Bournemouth beat Manure or...

 

(c) Watford beat Chelski

 

I'm hoping all 3 happen but fat chance of that happening! Or could it?   :brendan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Will this Black Lives Matter kneel-down act by the players etc run until the end of the season?

Is there a reason it shouldn’t? It’s literally 10 seconds at the start of the game to show support for an anti racist movement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Just for giggles what do you guys think the biggest shocker of the day could be;

(a) Foxes beat Palace or...

 

(b) Bournemouth beat Manure or...

 

(c) Watford beat Chelski

 

I'm hoping all 3 happen but fat chance of that happening! Or could it?   :brendan:

As great as it would be, United are flying at the moment and Bournemouth look amazing. We need to hope that we pick up 3 points and that Wolves drop points against Arsenal. That would be a great day for us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Is there a reason it shouldn’t? It’s literally 10 seconds at the start of the game to show support for an anti racist movement.

He asked a question, that's all. He didn't say it should be stopped.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He asked a question, that's all. He didn't say it should be stopped.

I don't think I ever implied he did. I simply asked a question as well? 

 

If you're going to pull me up for inferring something from his question maybe you should check you're not doing the same from my question?

Edited by bennytwohats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I don't think I ever implied he did. I simply asked a question as well? 

 

If you're going to pull me up for inferring something from his question maybe you should check you're not doing the same from my question?

I saw it as you asking back "is there a reason it shouldn't" as if he said it shouldn't continue. That's it. Apologies if you thought I was pulling you up.

 

I don't want to turn this into another political thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Just for giggles what do you guys think the biggest shocker of the day could be;

(a) Foxes beat Palace or...

 

(b) Bournemouth beat Manure or...

 

(c) Watford beat Chelski

 

I'm hoping all 3 happen but fat chance of that happening! Or could it?   :brendan:

The biggest shock would be Bournemouth winning, they are awful and doomed. No chance, Man U by at least 2 or 3 goals.

 

We need to win today, I think we will scrape a 2-1 win.

 

Chelsea will bounce back against an average/poor Watford side. Again 2 goal winning margin if not 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

Is there a reason it shouldn’t? It’s literally 10 seconds at the start of the game to show support for an anti racist movement.

 

The EPL claim they dont support political movements.

 

The UK BLM movement as it turns out is one of the most extreme political movements in the country.

 

I think thats a good enough reason.

 

Also the UK BLM movement is not as anti racist as you think it might be.

Edited by Chrysalis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

 

The EPL claim they dont support political movements.

 

The UK BLM movement as it turns out is one of the most extreme political movements in the country.

 

I think thats a good enough reason.

 

Also the UK BLM movement is not as anti racist as you think it might be.

I mean the core of the message is that black people should have similar rights and opportunities to everyone as well. Regardless of any controversies on the fringes of the BLM campaign, I hope as a club we continue to stand behind that message that racism has no place in our club or our fanbase for as long as is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
13 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Yup.

 

2 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

Is there a reason it shouldn’t? It’s literally 10 seconds at the start of the game to show support for an anti racist movement.

Will it continue next season ....and the season after ?

 

Or will Black lives not matter than?

 

The whole fact we need it is so sad but I'd prefer sport and politics didn't mix. Who decides which political matters are important enough for the Prem?

 

Are gay concerns no longer important? What about Trans? Family/home violence is repulsive why are they not highlighting that? There are thousands of reasonable problems that could be highlighted yet BLM is the only one and that seems to be USA led both in the BLM movement and the taking a knee. Are the situations in England really the same as those in the US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FIF said:

 

Will it continue next season ....and the season after ?

 

Or will Black lives not matter than?

 

The whole fact we need it is so sad but I'd prefer sport and politics didn't mix. Who decides which political matters are important enough for the Prem?

 

Are gay concerns no longer important? What about Trans? Family/home violence is repulsive why are they not highlighting that? There are thousands of reasonable problems that could be highlighted yet BLM is the only one and that seems to be USA led both in the BLM movement and the taking a knee. Are the situations in England really the same as those in the US?

All reasonable points so I can respect that point of view. That said I think the family/home violence is quite a different issue because it's not an institutionalised problem, which racism is. You're right that homophobia is a problem as well, but I don't think anyone anywhere has tried to claim that is no longer important - just not what the spotlight is being shone on right now. That said we have had the rainbow laces campaign for a while in football, and I'd personally be in favour of seeing more of that kind of thing done.

 

These aren't easy things to fix. However for me this idea that sport and politics don't mix isn't something I agree with. Particularly in the case of football where the culture surrounding football typically promotes a breeding ground for people acting in a racist homophobic manner when they might not normally as well. And then you have the likes of the football lads alliance and all that shit as well. So sad as it is, I think the audience of football largely includes a lot of the people that it's important that this message reaches. For what it's worth I also don't think the message 'don't be racist' is particularly political either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FIF said:

 

Will it continue next season ....and the season after ?

 

Or will Black lives not matter than?

 

The whole fact we need it is so sad but I'd prefer sport and politics didn't mix. Who decides which political matters are important enough for the Prem?

 

Are gay concerns no longer important? What about Trans? Family/home violence is repulsive why are they not highlighting that? There are thousands of reasonable problems that could be highlighted yet BLM is the only one and that seems to be USA led both in the BLM movement and the taking a knee. Are the situations in England really the same as those in the US?

You are quite right, sport & politics should not mix. I am totally fed up with what is happening in games at the moment - take the knee, 1 minutes applause or silence before nearly every game, drinks breaks, VAR. It is getting more like American football all the time & each half will soon be lasting for an hour. Let's please just get back to playing football as it was.

 

Incidentally, if we are to continue with political messages, how about support for keeping free tv licences for over 75's or maintaining the state pension triple lock. Let's look after people who have paid a lot of money throughout their lives to the state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

You are quite right, sport & politics should not mix. I am totally fed up with what is happening in games at the moment - take the knee, 1 minutes applause or silence before nearly every game, drinks breaks, VAR. It is getting more like American football all the time & each half will soon be lasting for an hour. Let's please just get back to playing football as it was.

 

Incidentally, if we are to continue with political messages, how about support for keeping free tv licences for over 75's or maintaining the state pension triple lock. Let's look after people who have paid a lot of money throughout their lives to the state

I agree that football shouldn’t get involved with party politics but what is political about saying that black people’s lives matter? X 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

 

The EPL claim they dont support political movements.

 

The UK BLM movement as it turns out is one of the most extreme political movements in the country.

 

I think thats a good enough reason.

 

Also the UK BLM movement is not as anti racist as you think it might be.

Can you explain how the black lives matter Movement is racist? I’m not trying to be obtuse I’m genuinely intrigued. I’m nothing if not willing to change my mind if presented with evidence so I’d be keen to hear yours? X 

Edited by RumbleFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Armchair football fans moaning about five seconds of people kneeling in a bid to change hundreds of years of oppression is about as white privileged as you can get. 

Armchair football fan moaning and being racist about other football fans and thinking that taking a knee is going to change hundreds of years of oppression when they don't even understand the "hundreds of years of oppression" is as crazy as it gets.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I agree that football shouldn’t get involved with party politics but what is political about saying that black people’s lives matter? X 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that as a message alone. I dont think anyone has objections about an anti-racism message.

 

The danger is the message in this case is quite strongly tied to the organisation.

 

This organisation is a little strange as they appear to hate Jews, which might suggest they are not actually actually anti racist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...