Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, Corky said:

The issue in recent games like Man City and Brighton was that VAR didn't look at three penalties we should've had, whilst one was given against us.

No doubt VAR disallowed goals that would normally have stood earlier this season but over the past 8/9 games VAR hasn't intervened enough in our case.

But literally every team can point at these gripes. VAR hasn't changed the fact that teams will always feel decisions didn't go their way that could have done. The point is earlier in the season and at wolves away we won points and gained a lot of momentum especially after the Burnley and Spurs wins specifically because of decisions luckily going out way. Now recently 1 or 2 have gone against us. But even look at our last game. VAR could easily have looked at Vardys kick and said red card, or not sent Nketiah off which meant we might have lost. The suggestion we are being done out of a top 4 space by a corrupt league who favours man utd is absurd and terribly paranoid. 

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There was at least two.  I can’t remember all the incidents but didn’t Costa headbutt someone? Lamela stamped on Cesc and was already on a yellow. Diers second foul in about 2 minutes after already being on a yellow. 

Plus there was the brawl (I use that term loosely) which Poch got involved in with Danny Rose and then there was a brawl at the end of the game. 

Well I remember Costa brushing heads with someone but not sure how him remaining on the pitch benefitted Spurs 😂.

Lamela tip toeing on  Fàbregas’ hand is the only one really, and Clattenburg didn’t even see it and neither did his assistants, so he is full of shit. It was bad tempered but he’s just trying to feed his own ego by suggesting he could of sent three Spurs players off but didn’t because he’s too clever to be blamed for them losing the title. 

I’d probably be more accepting of it if he had said he saw it getting out of control and reframed turning the game into a red card fest but to say he went into the game with some kind of premonition of that happening, nah, the guys trying to make out he’s some sort of referring genius. It’s trying to take more credit than he is due in a historic game bullshit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

At least the premier league are admitting they got decisions wrong.

however I’d love to know what they will do about it, If anything.

Also when bad decisions are made, then questioned more in the media via the managers comments, it rightly gets some response by the premier league.

But when managers don’t kick up as much of a fuss, despite bad decisions it doesn’t. Like our De bruyne handball v Man City, which wasn’t given. It pisses me off it’s not automatically raised and highlighted by the PL post match as a mistake. It just gets smoother over and forgotten about.

6 hours ago, splinterdream said:

If you think it’s legal to block the run of an attacker off the ball, then I’ll leave it there I think 🙄

Blocking happens all the time .... putting your arms around the blocking player and pulling them out of the way is rarely going to end well - and it wasn’t a var call as the ref had given the foul in response to the flag ...... of course if kavanagh hadn’t whistled and left it to VAR to review then it becomes a more subjective and tricky call. But the fact that Massey indicated the foul made it almost impossible for kavanagh not to intervene ahead of a potential goal and the hullabaloo which would have followed 

6 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

Views on the impact of VAR are becoming quite polarized on here. Not surprising as it is an emotive issue that is unfortunately invading almost every game at present. With the stakes being so high, for us as Leicester fans it is infuriating to see Man U, in particular, getting so many apparently 'dodgy' VAR calls go their way. Although I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories there is absolutely no doubt that they, and the other 'big' clubs, more often than not, get more than the rub of the green when it comes to the big calls. Man U certainly deserve credit for the quality of their play which has improved dramatically and our poor form has contributed significantly to our own downfall but, in the final analysis, and final points totals will probably bear this out, when the margins are so tight the likes of Man U will certainly have benefitted sufficiently from getting the benefit of the doubt to put them over the top. While having an elite group of clubs dominate the top placings in the league is good for business, it will be forever thus. I just love the fact that our club, more than any other, puts fear into those that are desperate to maintain the status quo! 

not to belittle the current issue we are dealing with but perhaps the ‘red privilege’ we are witnessing gives a tiny insight into what some parts of society have been putting up with for centuries in things that are actually ‘life and death’ ! 

• Like 1

Interesting to see how sky (commentary team) and five live (commentary team) are defended by their employers .....making excuses which are simply wrong to justify the non var reversal 

Neville and savage - I can understand their natural pro yanited bias but surely the bbc five live football corespondent (John Murray) should be big enough to state that it’s just incorrect. Even this morning on talk sport, Brazil is trying to justify it .....but again, he has ingrained yanited bias and is probably still three sheets to the wind .......

57 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Also when bad decisions are made, then questioned more in the media via the managers comments, it rightly gets some response by the premier league.

But when managers don’t kick up as much of a fuss, despite bad decisions it doesn’t. Like our De bruyne handball v Man City, which wasn’t given. It pisses me off it’s not automatically raised and highlighted by the PL post match as a mistake. It just gets smoother over and forgotten about.

They'll do nothing of course.

Fernandes put his studs into Konsa's leg. Definitely a foul and likely a sending-off offence. United benefitted not only from the incorrect penalty decision, but also Fernandes's continued presence on the pitch. Additionally they benefit from his availability for the next three matches. It's always smoothed over that one wrong decision can have consequences beyond the incident itself.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

Simple solution, punish refs/var twats that get decisions blatantly wrong. 

Right now they sit there making decisions with impunity that can cost clubs tens of millions of pounds. Villa were the better team before that non-penalty, it changed the entire game. That could be 3 points that send villa down and send utd to champions league. They've admitted it's wrong but the people who got it so wrong get away with it. 

It's horseshit. If I **** up my job I'd get punished, and mine certainly wouldn't have ramifications in the millions. :nigel:

• Like 1

In fact it should've been given as a foul on Konsa for Fernandes basically standing on his ankle. Makes it even worse. 3 prime examples why VAR rules are being taken away from us.
Edited by UniFox21

The fact that they've admitted that they made three mistakes last night makes me even more angry that they wouldn't admit this mistake:

IMG_3437.thumb.JPG.d523d1c757c0e4e844b10a31e3e8d50e.JPG

• Like 3

With all the decisions that have gone against the likes of us, Sheff Utd and Wolves (the toe at Spurs for Sheff Utd, the 5 minute check for handball at Everton against us, not to mention the countless penalties we should've had, Wolves against us at Molineux) and the ridiculous decisions that the perceived elite get in their favor, you are not convincing me otherwise that match fixing isn't taking place. There's been too many recently and its really starting to kill my love for the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would also like to know what part of Fernandes was hurt. Grabs his shin instantly after he trod on Konsa's yet the referee fell for it. So many players across the world do it obviously. Some more than others and some worse than others. He was of course totally fine to take the penalty. 

• Like 2

Spurs have been hard done by this season by decisions. They've always been the smallest out of the Sky 'big 6' though so that doesnt surprise me.

Man U and Liverpool are by far the biggest benefactors of favourable decisions including games not involving them that might have impact on thwir position , eg , our penalty shout v Brighton and Sheff Utd goal that should have stood v Villa.

That Man U penalty is beyond belief, particularly as Villa were doing alright until then so it changed the game.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Favouritism in sporting competition is corruption though.

Don't disagree! I was trying to say, I don't think its intentional, maybe with the way football has gone, and with all media coverage focusing on the so called 'bigger' sides, refs feel they'd be under more scrutiny if they don't give calls for them? I don't know. Either way it's shit and it stinks.

Infuriates me how Savage's response to anyone arguing with him when he has no real support of his argument is "it's a game of opinions, everyone's entitled to one". Instead of actually listening to the arguments. 

I don’t think there is corruption as such, but it’s clear that the officials are siding with the big sides to an alarming level.

I personally put it down to the the media’s obsession with the big clubs. The refs know that if they give a contentious decision against a big club that the media will talk about it for days. That must subconsciously play on their minds.

Prime example is Tuesday night. Sky did nothing else but talk about Arsenal for the entire match and then discussed in great detail two VAR calls (both correct) that went against Arsenal and a potential red card (never in a million years) against Vardy. Meanwhile we have a perfectly good goal disallowed and it’s not even shown as a replay at HT or FT.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

I remember when people were saying we need VAR to compensate for refereeing bias towards the bigger clubs.

A lot of these same people are now complaining that, erm...VAR is biased towards the bigger clubs. 

It's the same officials running VAR as were officiating the games prior to it. 

10 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I think the Everton loss is looking very costly - having seen highlights tonight I think we may regret that. Hoping Mr Hassenheutel will do us a favour when they play United. 

I think the failing to defend the corner vs Watford in the dying seconds is more costly. Hold on there and those 2 extra points would mean we are still 3 ahead with a better (although ever decreasing goal difference)

• Like 1