Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

Massive result for us. Chelsea were outplayed and lucky to hang on to win against Watford

during the week and have been well beaten tonight. This really is in our hands now, let’s hope
we take full advantage.

Palace ?   They mullered Watford .....

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

just pointing out that avoiding defeat is extremely important ........ football managers are very pragmatic ......

You don’t go to Bournemouth to avoid defeat... if that is our attitude then bye CL 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do you take a point tomorrow and then bank on equaling Chelsea’s results in the last three games ??

No. Got to win tomorrow. Chelsea have hard games but so do we. Two points in front with a vastly superior GD would be very nice to have. 

Sheffield United were excellent tonight. Wish we'd taken the game to Chelsea in the way they did in our cup semi.

• Like 3

It's really quite simple - two wins and a draw in our next 3 matches, Liverpool beat Chelsea and we'll be there.

But this is Leicester and nothing will be straight forward!

Chelsea have Norwich at home next up, IE an easy 3 points.

We MUST beat Bournemouth tomorrow and I think we must beat Sheff Utd as well, certainly need to avoid defeat.

I think we can get something at Spurs as well if we are up for it. It's about time we got something away at a top 6 side (I'm aware we drew 1-1 at Arsenal).

Great opportunity for us, it is in our own hands and we have to take it.

Oooooh this Champions League race is getting tasty. Just need Man Utd to slip up now to really make it interesting, which is eminently possible against Southampton right now.

Just now, Paddy. said:

Sheffield United were excellent tonight. Wish we'd taken the game to Chelsea in the way they did in our cup semi.

Yes me too

biggest disappointment for me personally is that we didn’t have a real go in the fa cup 

• Like 1

That’s perfect F.A. Job done. Manure shoe horned in third.image.png.f2691f5fcde4a113eb7faca2e2eaa921.png

image.jpeg

Didn't expect Chelsea to crumble there. Back to third tomorrow please lads:!!!!

Can't believe Watford fans don't want Pearson! He's saved them from the turd and turned them into a decent playing team!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do you take a point tomorrow and then bank on equaling Chelsea’s results in the last three games ??

Why? Would be massively disappointed if we don’t take all 3 points.

18 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Arggghhhhh too many numbers, too much concentration required, just tell me we are going to make top 4 Foz tell me

We will finish 3rd, next 4 games, win win draw win, as man u will win next 3 to get to 67 which will be enough for them as Chelsea will lose to liverpool and their maximum points going into final game will be 66. We will be on 66 after next 3 which will be enough with our goal difference. Man u will rest players for final game as they will have a fa cup final to play and europa league, we will win the game finish 3rd and vardy gets his golden boot, easy

Edited by lcfcfoz
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Do you take a point tomorrow and then bank on equaling Chelsea’s results in the last three games ??

Have to aim to win. Been given a lifeline so to speak with today's result. Just get all the points we can!

14 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

It was hardly a left field shout

Tbh that's exactly what it was.

76 - Chelsea had 76% possession in this match but lost 3-0 – since 2003-04, when full possession data is available, this is the biggest margin of defeat for a team to hold as much as 76% possession in a Premier League game. Countered.

• Like 2

that blades result has put the cat amongst the pigeons. i wouldn't want to be in Lampards shoes now, apart from norwich they've got wolves and liverpool, and are still in the fa cup.

We MUST win at the cherries because we've got 3 tough  final  games.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Have to aim to win. Been given a lifeline so to speak with today's result. Just get all the points we can!

I suppose we always play to win but if the line up is a bit threadbare then would a pragmatic approach to control the game deep and draw them on play dividends ?  They can’t afford not to go for the win ....

Basically if we can win the next 2 we are looking great but that's a big if. Let's see how we get on against Bournemouth, definitely won't be easy