Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

17 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Wolves and Leicester combined line up would be intresting.

For me only 4 from Wolves get in and would depend on formation.

Boly, Traore , Neves and Jimenez. 

I would only have three Traore, Jota, and Moutinho/Neves. Patricio would be unfortunate to miss out as well. 

Surely would look like this:

Schmeichel

Pereira  Evans  Soyuncu Chilwell

Moutinho/Neves Ndidi  Maddison

Jota         Vardy     Traore 

Edited by peach0000
3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Dean Smith isn't a good manager. Brentford finished higher in the league both before and after he was in charge of them.

Dean Smith took over Villa in October 2018 when they were 14th in the Championship and led them into the PL that season.

Brentford may still swap places with them this summer but he revitalised Villa last season.

Weve got more chance of staying in the fight than wolves next year imo, only so far that Wolves model can take you and that ceiling is probably where you are now. You've over achieved this year and the start of this season in particular shown some good chinks in your armour long term 

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm not getting dragged into a who's players would get in who's team argument, I'm not that daft! 

However, Moutinho oozes class and I won't hear a thing said against him. 

Moutinho is a consistent performer, class player. Tielemans lacks consistency but has performed better in particular games than Moutinho has, but you wouldn’t hang your hat on him to keep you ticking almost every game like Moutinho does. 

I don’t think there’s a lot of difference between the pair in quality. We’ve both got great midfielders and you could make a case for any of the regular in both sides to get into a best 3 (apart from Dendoncker probs, but I still think he’s a solid player too)  

• Like 1

My best team would be 

Kasper 

Ricardo 

Soy 

Evans 

Chilwell 

Ndidi 

Moutinho/Tielemans (Tielemans in if he’s on it, Moutinho if there both just doing 7 out of tens) 

Maddison 

Perez 

Vardy 

Adama 

Edited by pmcla26
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Not being funny pal but we could just as well say we'd be comfortably out of sight of you with third wrapped up if it wasn't for coronavirus which I think is even more accurate. 

There's always ifs and buts. Bottom line is we've finished above you this year. 

Think you've got a deeper squad but I'd take our first choice 11 as a whole over yours any day. 

We’d be closer to Man City and Liverpool than Man U and Chelsea if VAR and handballs weren’t bought in. Wolves wouldn’t be anywhere near. 

Adama is the only player from their starting 11 who gets in ours. 

Edited by pmcla26
19 hours ago, filbertway said:

Patricio

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Boly

Evans

Jonny

Ndidi

Neves

Tielemans

Jota

Jiminez

Swap Moutinho for Tielemans and Vardy for Jota and I'd agree with that. 

Edited by The Bear
3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Weve got more chance of staying in the fight than wolves next year imo, only so far that Wolves model can take you and that ceiling is probably where you are now. You've over achieved this year and the start of this season in particular shown some good chinks in your armour long term 

It could be those owners might not stick around given the tentions between UK and China. 

To me Jimenez and Vardy are equals, they just have different attributes, Jimenez is an absolutely class player. Having said that, I'm going.

Patricio

Ricardo

Evans

Boly

Chilwell

Ndidi

Moutinho

Tielemans/Maddison/Neves (can't split them really)

Traore

Vardy

Jota

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

I don't think that anyone can argue that we don't have the better kit. Mrs Spud said she's so pleased that I don't support Wolves. Bloody horrendous (only just in front of Watford). 

Edited by Spudulike
46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think that anyone can argue that we don't have the better kit. Mrs Spud said she's so pleased that I don't support Wolves. Bloody horrendous (only just in front of Watford). 

We've got a better kit but Wolves kit is quite nice I think! When it's more of a gold shade than yellow anyway

Just seen one of those "worst ever PL winning XI" posts on facebook and came across an apparent Leicester fan who for some reason wanted to nominate some Leicester players because some of them were carried that season, e.g Schlupp. lol WTF

Bare in mind this team consisted the likes of Aliadiere, Stepanovs,

1 hour ago, martyn said:

To me Jimenez and Vardy are equals, they just have different attributes, Jimenez is an absolutely class player. Having said that, I'm going.

Patricio

Ricardo

Evans

Boly

Chilwell

Ndidi

Moutinho

Tielemans/Maddison/Neves (can't split them really)

Traore

Vardy

Jota

Apart from Vardy’s worth 6 goals a season more from less games and less chances. Jiménez isn’t bad, but no where near Vardy’s quality in any area.

Traore is the only player who gets in a combined XI for me, and he would be absolutely slated on here most weeks. A classic one great game in 6 player. 
When he’s on, he’s class and better than anything we have, but I’ve seen games where he offers absolutely nothing and Wolves look like they are playing with 10 men.

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Just seen one of those "worst ever PL winning XI" posts on facebook and came across an apparent Leicester fan who for some reason wanted to nominate some Leicester players because some of them were carried that season, e.g Schlupp. lol WTF

Bare in mind this team consisted the likes of Aliadiere, Stepanovs,

Our supporters are proper weirdos at times and do the opposite of supporters of every other club. So many times we look for the negatives and don’t see the quality we have.