Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I suppose the difference between the goal line technology blunder and VAR is that there’s no subjectivity to it. It IS a goal for Sheffield United that just hasn’t been given. With all the VAR decisions there’s an element of human choice/decision in the matter - so it can be explained away as human error or a difference of opinion. 

I don’t think bournemouth will be successful but they have grounds to consider legal action. But you can’t argue that Sheff Utd shouldn’t have been 1-0 up in that game. That being said, there was still 45 mins to go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Although if I recall the ref confirmed he'd received the signal for the goal at half time. Still don't understand why he didn't address the issue at the time if that was the case. There was some long winded explanation of why VAR didn't or couldn't intervene.

If the referee received the signal at half time that would bring into question Hawkeye's explanation of the mistake (blocked cameras). 

If Hawkeye wasn't working then clearly that information should have been relayed to the referee and the VAR. 

This could get interesting.