Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

16 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

But hey I guess because he missed a penalty and plays in a Man United team thats rebuilding he is terrible. He is more talented than KDB and would get into any team in the prem, don't kid yourself.

Only difference being De Bruyne is a footballer and Pogba is a social media moron. There’s rebuilding and there’s Man Utd, £500k a week Sanchez says it all really. 

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That was never a penalty, if it was VAR'd then it proves once again then it's useless.

That’s what I thought, unless they give penos for avoiding a tackle. Also he didn’t miss it, the goalie made a great save and I’d have him in my team any day. 

47 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Traore actually looked like a footballer tonight, he was our MOTM. 

First time I've watched him during his time in England where he's not looked like a competition winner. 

I do think NES would be well served by taking a leaf out of Klopp's book and banning him from the weights room. As quick as he is his stamina is pretty poor and I think his agility would improve hugely if he lost a stone or two. On the evidence of tonight there may actually be a player in there somewhere. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 1

Pogba’s Main problem is Pogba. If he just got over himself he might actually reach something close to his potential. Undoubtedly talented, but equally a massive bell end. Shame because he has got talent. 

Edited by ARM1968

Interesting point at the end there.

That potentially lower class officials may be nervous or unsure to call a senior ref as being wrong. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting point at the end there.

That potentially lower class officials may be nervous or unsure to call a senior ref as being wrong. 

They should all be Upper Class and armed with Purdey’s. shoot any blighter who infringes the rules. Soon stamp it out. 

There's no argument that pogba is a top top footballer, but when he has moments like today people remember his love of social media and claim that his head is not in the right place.

Last season at United he was their best player. 13 goals and 9 assists in a team that were really poor going forward for all but 2 months of the season is sensational. I think he was rightly in the team of the season but again people relate United's form to Pogbas social media activity.

His persona will always make him a victim as he is an easy target for the media and pundits, regardless of how he performs.

If I was a coach at Wolves, I would lock Traore in a room with a ball, a goal and a keeper. And I wouldn’t let him out until he scored with every shot. If you worked on his positioning and his finishing he would be unplayable. Physically no one can match him in the league, I just wish he had the finesse to go with it, he is an absolute beast and should be destroying defenders on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If I was a coach at Wolves, I would lock Traore in a room with a ball, a goal and a keeper. And I wouldn’t let him out until he scored with every shot. If you worked on his positioning and his finishing he would be unplayable. Physically no one can match him in the league, I just wish he had the finesse to go with it, he is an absolute beast and should be destroying defenders on a weekly basis. 

I think the coaches at La Masia probably know a thing or too about coaching and they got rid. He's the Spanish Justin Gatlin that can dribble a bit. 

• Like 2

You need to get the right tactical balance and discipline to get the best out of Pogba, he's a flair player who the star of the show in his own head - on his day like anyone else he is the star, ultimately a trait which doesn't make him a bad player. With Juve he usually had Marchisio & Sturaro to work the midfield engine while he acted as more of roaming playmaker,  similarly with France to get the best out of him he has Ngolo, which in turn unlocks more of Greizmann, all opening space up for Mbappe to run into; a pendulum of a team.

Its the major issue with Manchester United in recent years, its not that theyre buying bad players. Its they're buying them without much thought other than marketability & brand image, it's not about how the team is put together to play football 60+ times a season and achieve things in the process. Funnily enough it looks abit different albeit the wad blown on Wan Bissaka and the lack of a class engineroom midfielder, Maguire has also started steadily which makes them much more solid than Jones/Rojo combos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

That's bullshit. You are following a bullshit agenda against him. He's won a World Cup, multiple scudettos, a Europa League and a League cup, scoring in the World Cup final and Europa league final. He is not a Virus, I bet you the United dressing room wouldn't say that about him and neither would the French team say that about him either. 

I don’t think the ability Pogba possesses is in doubt. He is clearly very talented. I think the issue with him is that at times he fails to display that talent on weekly basis, especially at Man U. I think when you pay £90m for a player he should be an absolute force when the team are doing well and a standout when they’re not - he has done the former very well it’s the latter that he has problems with. 

Everyone knows the talent is there, even Man U otherwise they would’ve happily have sold him this summer to Madrid. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Schlupinator

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He’d be in that room until the end of time. The goalkeeper might die of boredom. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I like Pogba. Gets too much hate from old farts like Souness and Garth Crooks, who wants every footballer to be like a 1982 version of them. I also think there's a bit if jealousy that they earned peanuts in their time whilst Pogba earns millions.

I bet Pogba is actually a fun guy to be around. He's always happy and laughing and smiling. Man is enjoying his profession. Cant have that in this country. You gotta be a miserable **** around here. 

I agree.

Also, I don't think Pogba has really attracted as much attention with any antics in his personal life over the summer and in the first couple of weeks of the season. He seems to have kept his head down, got on with things and isn't loudly agitating for a move. Sure, we might hear one or two rumours but if he wanted to leave at all costs it would be in every paper and on every website relentlessly, day after day.

When it comes to taking penalties, it looks like he's stopped that silly run-up that everyone criticised him for and is now going for a similar, but less exaggerated style to Rashford's. The penalty itself wasn't awful either. It was a good save, and was certainly no worse than Sergio Aguero's awful effort from 12 yards against West Ham (which, luckily for him, he had a second chance with because VAR noticed an infringement by Declan Rice).

I'm not sure if having two penalty takers is a hindrance or a masterstroke of modern management. Pogba's miss will automatically mean that Solskjaer is weak for allowing the players to decide between themselves. But, Pogba's run to win the penalty was excellent, and often players who win penalties will want to take them. Sure, as Rashford scored the last one, he'll justifiably feel that he gets the next one, and the next one, and the next one - until he misses. But I can also imagine players' confidence in their own ability fluctuating over time. Perhaps Rashford had a bad week on pens in training. Perhaps Pogba had an especially good one.

Regardless, last night's save was just a save for me. It wasn't an especially bad penalty and Pogba was unfortunate to have a negative spotlight on him when, to me, it looks like he's recently got his head down and is getting on with his football in a professional manner - something Solskjaer will no doubt be happy with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

But hey I guess because he missed a penalty and plays in a Man United team thats rebuilding he is terrible. He is more talented than KDB and would get into any team in the prem, don't kid yourself.

AAAAAAND THE DRUGS DON'T WORK

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I just thought it was a good save to be honest lol not sure I’ve heard anyone on here or TV mention that....

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter how many mistakes he makes or how bad he is in each game, we all know pogba will have a stormer on sept 15th.  He always steps up against us for some reason. 

Did someone in this thread really just try and claim Pogba is more talented than Kevin de Bruyne? 

Stop the Internet, I want to get off. 

At least when people say shit THAT retarded you know who actually watches football and who just plays fifa. 

****ing hell. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

Could you describe Kevin De Bruyne for me please?

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That was never a penalty, if it was VAR'd then it proves once again then it's useless.

It was a penalty, yes Pogba made the most of it but Coady stuck a leg out and he had no complaints about it. Anywhere on the pitch that is a free kick.

VAR only overrules the referee when he has made a clear mistake which in this case, he hadn't. If there was no contact and an obvious dive, VAR would have said no penalty.

I still think there need to be better rules in the area because anything is blown outside the area but very little in the area for similar offences. Maybe they can start introducing more indirect freekicks instead of penalties for minor fouls. It's a joke at the minute how a foul in the penalty area must be pretty obvious to be given compared to anywhere else on the pitch. In particular when it comes to shirt pulling and pushing with hands.

Edited by KrefelderFox666