Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

It really is frustrating we came away from Man Utd with nil points, but not something i personally like to dwell on. It was not right from the off with the team he put out, the positive was Brendan seemed to take this on the chin and make the correct changes to the 11 for Spurs. The players have moved on and this showed in the performance yesterday. Lets hope we can get revenge when they come to the KP. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phube said:

But Wolves!! :o

Shit didn’t even see that. I’ll make judgement at FT but that’s worrying for them. 

Just now, Koke said:

It was cowardly. Our approach to the game was that bad. Hopefully Rodgers have learned. Liverpool and Man City deserve respect. Man Utd and Spurs dont.

We did at home to a Wolves side that had just flown back from Armenia. That's the one that gets me most. On the first day of the season as well. 

Should have battered them, they're crap. 

• Like 2

Typical of the way things are going for us right now. Easily the better team, should be at least two up at HT, and a big deflected OG gifts them the lead from the restart. 

• Like 1

Oli’s Goner Soon will be found before the Christmas lights come down.

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Typical of the way things are going for us right now. Easily the better team, should be at least two up at HT, and a big deflected OG gifts them the lead from the restart. 

You love to see it

6 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

and going down

Well they will certainly struggle to finish top half unless they turn the corner soon.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Pretty sure you will pull one back tbh. On a selfish note i never like to see Palace win. :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We did at home to a Wolves side that had just flown back from Armenia. That's the one that gets me most. On the first day of the season as well. 

And yet we’re sat 3rd. It seems very greedy but it’s hard not to think that we’ve missed an opportunity to put some distance between ourselves and the other top 6 challengers.

At some point we’re going to go on a frustrating run where we take 3-5 points from 5 games against sides we “should be beating”. I think we’ll look back on our start less favourably then.

Gary Neville moaning about all the money United have wasted.

Get the violins out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You were lucky to get away with a point. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Think you missed the point there tbh. 

Although I'm not sure where you think the luck was, you barely got near our box (or even out of your half) except for a few counters where Jota blasted the ball at the corner flag. 

I haven't seen anyone park the bus that embarrassingly since Rafa Benitez. It was cringe worthy. 

Edited by Finnegan

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

It was cowardly. Our approach to the game was that bad. Hopefully Rodgers have learned. Liverpool and Man City deserve respect. Man Utd and Spurs dont.

Isn't it a little worrying that a highly paid manager didn't see this and most of us fans did? Even at Chelsea the only reason we got back into it is the leash was let off in the second half so to speak. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

think that's the point. we set up dreadfully and played dreadfully. a team with a top 7 finish as our ambition for the season really need to be getting 3 points from relegation fodder at home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Countryfox said:

C’mon you ammers ! ...   pretty sure yanited will finish above them so an ammers win is defo best for us ..

Same thing for Vulverhampton...   c’mon Palace !