Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Zidane gets binned by Madrid.

 

Podgytino goes Madrid. 

 

Zidane goes to utd. 

 

Ole goes to work on a Norwegian fishing trawler. 

would be hilarious if utd got zidane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, don_danbury said:

would be hilarious if utd got zidane

Sort of big name they would go for and definelty repeat their ongoing incompetent cycle. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managers are two a penny , successful managers , long term ,are as rare as hen's teeth , most should only be hired on 6 month contracts and they would still queue round the block to get the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

The same thing kinda happened when Leeds went down, some of the supporters just never returned. By the time they reached League One... some of the ex Leeds fans denied they ever had anything to do with the club. Starting to come out of the wood work again since they've been challenging for promotion back to the premier league again.

@Wolfox, who does that remind you of?   lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, surrifox said:

Quite a bit of the slab head fee is performance related - hopefully the performance is no more of a stretch than a target for appearances in the PL as I can’t  see them winning much in the next few years 

I thought it was all up front, no add ons or anything?  Can you elaborate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I thought it was all up front, no add ons or anything?  Can you elaborate?

Yes i thought that was exactly why we were holding on so long. We got the eighty full. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FIF said:

How do you know this?

 

I understand a salary being performance related but how does a sale fee work - is it just while he is at Manure or over his entire career or a certain number of years wherever he is playing. Surely that would put lie to the claim that he is the most expensive defensive footballer in the world. Please elucidate.

Neither side were keen on disclosing the final fee but it was widely reported that a sticking point in the negotiations  was the balance between cash up front and the proportion of the fee payable on future contingencies  such as getting into Europe , winning the prem or simply on a player’s stats ; appearances in the prem , England caps etc. 

Rudkin was (justifiably) unhappy  with the proportion of fee deferred to MU FC  future results  during the negotiations. All this is pretty common. My post flagged that we look unlikely to recoup much of the unpaid fee by way of MU performance 

Edited by surrifox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, murphy said:

I thought it was all up front, no add ons or anything?  Can you elaborate?

There are definitely contingency payments   Which if triggered in full take the fee beyond £80 mill . That was definitely reported at the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Sort of big name they would go for and definelty repeat their ongoing incompetent cycle. 

Was gonna say exactly this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, surrifox said:

It doesn't say anything about the fee or add ons for Maguire in that article that I can see. As far as I was aware we got £80m (or as good as) upfront, we won't be losing out because of Manure's poor performances. Happy to be corrected though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FIF said:

It doesn't say anything about the fee or add ons for Maguire in that article that I can see. As far as I was aware we got £80m (or as good as) upfront, we won't be losing out because of Manure's poor performances. Happy to be corrected though.

Err - it says we are owed part of the £74 million that their audited accounts are showing as a provision for amounts due to clubs for add ins in transfer deals . That seems pretty unambiguous but if you don’t think so well fair enough I guess 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, don_danbury said:

would be hilarious if utd got zidane

More like Fat Sam to get them out of the relegation zone.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Err - it says we are owed part of the £74 million that their audited accounts are showing as a provision for amounts due to clubs for add ins in transfer deals . That seems pretty unambiguous but if you don’t think so well fair enough I guess 

I can't see where it says that is from the £80m they paid. Add-ons above the £80m I can understand. Maybe you're correct but I haven't seen anything to change what I was told about the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

More like Fat Sam to get them out of the relegation zone.....

would be better imo. zidane can't speak a word of english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

would be better imo. zidane can't speak a word of english

Andy Gray always wondered whether the likes of Messi and Zidane could cut it on a Tuesday Night in Stoke.

 

Now is the time:ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FIF said:

It doesn't say anything about the fee or add ons for Maguire in that article that I can see. As far as I was aware we got £80m (or as good as) upfront, we won't be losing out because of Manure's poor performances. Happy to be corrected though.

 

Don't want to play Bobby Stickmynebin but from that article;

 

    "Maguire cost United £85 million from Leicester City, with another £5 million in potential add-ons;"

 

 

I think CTRL-F is for 'friend'

 

 

 

Edited by turtmcfly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, surrifox said:

that's the accounts to 30 june 2019.,  maguire deal was after that.  no evidence that there is a great deal of 'add ons' in the maguire deal other than appearances. it was reported by percy that we held out to avoid add ons relating to yanted performances as we had no confidence that they would apply.  

 

'It shows that the maximum potentially due to other clubs for add-ons was £74.3 million as of June 30 2019'

 

Edited by st albans fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

 

Don't want to play Bobby Stickmynebin but from that article;

 

    "Maguire cost United £85 million from Leicester City, with another £5 million in potential add-ons;"

 

 

I think CTRL-F is for 'friend'

 

 

 

So the fee was £85m then.

 

Do you see what I mean?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FIF said:

So the fee was £85m then.

 

Do you see what I mean?

 

In the sense that we won't be losing much if we don't get add-ons, yes.

 

Of course, that's if those quoted figures are correct. I get the feeling they're estimates, tweaked to fit the point of an article, in the knowledge that the club/player don't want to get into the game of correcting them. Certainly these numbers are the high end of what we've been led to believe, which as I say is of a piece with the thrust of the article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reckon the lowest Utd would finish this season is around 9th.

 

They'll see where they are around mid December and if they are still bottom half then they'll sack Ole with the new boss recovering their position to a certain degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

 

In the sense that we won't be losing much if we don't get add-ons, yes.

 

Of course, that's if those quoted figures are correct. I get the feeling they're estimates, tweaked to fit the point of an article, in the knowledge that the club/player don't want to get into the game of correcting them. Certainly these numbers are the high end of what we've been led to believe, which as I say is of a piece with the thrust of the article.

So we got £80m, its £85 with add ons. All this talk was that we didn't get the £80m because of add ons, but we did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So we got £80m, its £85 with add ons. All this talk was that we didn't get the £80m because of add ons, but we did.

 

 

 

I mean, again, yes, ish.

 

I'm going to admit to having a subscription to the Times. I'm wondering if that's why I'm the only one who seems capable of reading it :ph34r:

 

     "Maguire cost United £85 million from Leicester City, with another £5 million in potential add-ons;"

 

 

So according to the article it's 90 million if we realise the add-ons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...