Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

About 5 minutes ago posted  “I wonder when VAR will rear his head” and an mage of the grim reaper ...   on the wrong thread ! ...     :facepalm:

• Haha 2

Liverpool have been utterly dreadful. Rodgers got so much criticism after his match at Old Trafford yet Liverpool have a much better and Man United in worse form since that game and they've barely created anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

As Leicester fans we need Liverpool to win this or at least draw but..... 

Having been at anfield the other week this 45 minutes has been a thing of beauty to watch!

I've got about 250 riding on us finishing within 33 points of them so for me the odd loss and a tight title race suits.

Sorry that is never a foul by Lindelof. You've been absolutely brainwashed by diving if you genuinely think that contact was unfair.

• Like 1

Maybe it is Man Utd nullyfying them well but why couldn't we get this luke warm version of Liverpool with no kind of tempo to them? This is like Liverpool light, a watered down version of the real thing.

Thought the new rules were accidental or not a handball would be called, it was handball so right decision. Also even though he was kicked he went over far to theatrically. Nice actually to think that the officials are aware of this falling over and not fooled by Klopp's fake outrage last time out

• Like 2

Souness saying that’s a foul is comedy gold. If that’s a foul he’d have been sent off within 5 minutes of every game he played! 

**** that, he’d have been banged up for assault! 

Edited by Manini

Would love some consistency on the contact that's allowed in football these days. 

Mane tap was deemed a foul, yet the Vertonghen tackle is deemed a fair challenge. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Doesn’t matter anymore though with the new law. If it hits the hand accidentally or not, it’s disallowed 

Stupid though isn’t it. If we go with that then the United goal shouldn’t stand for the foul. Even though contact is minimal there’s still contact.

Not that I care to much, because I don’t care who wins, but VAR I don’t like it.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Sorry that is never a foul by Lindelof. You've been absolutely brainwashed by diving if you genuinely think that contact was unfair.

Where's the dive?

Lindelof significantly kicks Origi's shin. Origi goes down. If someone does that on Vardy, we're baying for a free-kick.

Can moan all they like, both correct calls. Liverpool have had enough deciisons, about time they don't get the rub of the green.

• Like 2

Just now, Matt said:

Klopp suits Liverpool, always the victim.

Those new teeth were expensive.  He shouldn't grind them so much

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm all for VAR, but I have to admit the Premier League have made a right fudge of its implementation.

Shock! No consistency whatsoever and has just made the officials lazy. Atkinson should be seeing that as a foul without the aid of VAR