Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

After their "One step from glory" champions League book, and looking at the table this morning, it had me wondering if Spuds are currently producing a new DVD entitled "Top of the bottom half of the P/L"

They’ll call it TheGreater Escape

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It was the loudest the fans were all game, if they put half the amount of effort in supporting their team rather then abusing their own players they might just have a decent atmosphere 

Didn't Advocaat basically turn it in just after we beat them as well lol 

It does ring a bell somebody else got the sack. Everton wasn't the final game - it was actually Chelsea, though you could say Hiddink was another.

Weirdly three of Chelsea's last four managers' final league game was against Leicester.

Man U will get all the praise of beating a decent Chelsea side, but, the way they did it once again was uncomfortable and not in the "United way".

They've gone ahead via a soft penalty, and won it via a moment of brilliance. But minus that, they've sat there in defensive shape and waited to counter. 

United have fallen to the point they've accepted they can't beat the top 6 in open play and instead rely on set pieces to win. 

The wins cover up a lot of underlying issues they have

25 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Man U will get all the praise of beating a decent Chelsea side, but, the way they did it once again was uncomfortable and not in the "United way".

They've gone ahead via a soft penalty, and won it via a moment of brilliance. But minus that, they've sat there in defensive shape and waited to counter. 

United have fallen to the point they've accepted they can't beat the top 6 in open play and instead rely on set pieces to win. 

The wins cover up a lot of underlying issues they have

Didnt United's first team just scrape through against chelsea reserves?

12 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I don't like things like this because they assume the game plays out exactly as it did, just taking VAR decisions away. Obviously that's not going to be the case. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Didnt United's first team just scrape through against chelsea reserves?

Both teams had a mix of first teamers and reserves. Chelsea played Kovacic, Jorginho, Pulisic, Alonso. So it was a decent scalp by United.

But as said above, Man Utd have well and truly accepted they cant out-football a top 7 team. Their tactic is basically to park the bus.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Both teams had a mix of first teamers and reserves. Chelsea played Kovacic, Jorginho, Pulisic, Alonso. So it was a decent scalp by United.

But as said above, Man Utd have well and truly accepted they cant out-football a top 7 team. Their tactic is basically to park the bus.

Exactly, they did well to beat a decent Chelsea team, but and its a huge but, they park the bus. 

José was laughed at for such, yet OGS is being praised for it?

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There is no basis to say what a result would have been without VAR. Take our match vs Spurs. Without VAR we go 1-0 up. Does that mean we would have won the game anyway? Would we have drawn? No one can predict.

Same with Wolves at home. Would we have lost 0-1? Or would we have scored an equaliser anyway?

You can't say if this didn't happen, then this WOULD have happened. The slightest change could drastically change what happens next and the outcome, especially in a football match. The only time you can actually say something would have affected a game is if VAR decided something with literally the last kick of the game. Otherwise it's anyone's guess.

And let's not worry about what could have been, always look forward.

P.s. this is not going against the poster, just the article and basis of these sort of findings. Media have to keep people entertained I guess...

You sodding wan.....oh wait... lol  ya the article IMO is stupid as way to many variables come into play in var decisions that are go or no go. Just sharing for others :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

You sodding wan.....oh wait... lol  ya the article IMO is stupid as way to many variables come into play in var decisions that are go or no go. Just sharing for others :)

Absolutely, no problem with that...unless you are the author?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So... we're shit?

I hate all this xG bollocks. 

Say we finish top 4 this season. In 5/6 years am I going to remember our xG after our first 9 games? Am I fvck. 

The only 'stat' that really matters is the points column and scoring goals, conceding less. 

If we only created so few chances, according to xG, does that just mean we're more prolific and take our chances well? And if teams have higher xG, and aren't doing so well, are they shit as well?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How can we score more goals than liverpool and only have 8 good chances created. A stat that doesn’t work, in our games it has felt better than that, especially the last few matches, we are getting better.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hate all this xG bollocks. 

Say we finish top 4 this season. In 5/6 years am I going to remember our xG after our first 9 games? Am I fvck. 

The only 'stat' that really matters is the points column and scoring goals, conceding less. 

If we only created so few chances, according to xG, does that just mean we're more prolific and take our chances well? And if teams have higher xG, and aren't doing so well, are they shit as well?

This is one of those case they're taking a stat and taking it way too seriously. Liverpool are only 2 above us and they haven't felt the need to say they aren't sustainable 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I had no idea he was getting abuse like that but like some of the comments say, it's almost always behind an anonymous account.

That's utterly vile abuse to give and to read.

Quite a well written statement and stops short of an apology but I don't blame him.  He gets abuse like that and is then humiliated by the fans at the match and then hung, drawn and quartered for getting angry and giving a little bit back.  Arsenal fans need to have good look at themselves instead of boo-hooing about his behaviour.

Edited by murphy

Can't believe he hasn't apologised to be honest.

You don't tell our own fans to **** off. It's not like it's any sort of majority is talking about his wife etc and I appreciate that that has wound him up.

He can't carry on as Arsenal captain IMO.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1