Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

13 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

ay101000983lionel-blair-aer.jpg.36a469e346c16a48b9a3edff5d995111.jpgdon't know why but reminds me of Lionel.

And speaking of Everton managers, funnily enough, this...

Sam-Allardyce.thumb.jpg.6fcfaa1b9b77c06d91588b53b9f515d4.jpg

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

And speaking of Everton managers, funnily enough, this...

Sam-Allardyce.thumb.jpg.6fcfaa1b9b77c06d91588b53b9f515d4.jpg

Big Sam looks like Magnum (Tom Selleck) - where did it all go wrong

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Have to laugh at reports of Everton being interested in Ancelotti.

Talk about delusions of grandeur.

I dont even think it's that delusional, Carlo's finished at top level, would be very similar to Rafa going Newcastle 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I dont even think it's that delusional, Carlo's finished at top level, would be very similar to Rafa going Newcastle 

Have to agree tbh. Last two jobs have ended with the players stating that training was too easy and he has struggled in last 15 odd years building teams rather than just being a nicer bloke than the previous person. Think he would start out okay with both arsenal and everton but it would plateau quickly. 

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Have to agree tbh. Last two jobs have ended with the players stating that training was too easy and he has struggled in last 15 odd years building teams rather than just being a nicer bloke than the previous person. Think he would start out okay with both arsenal and everton but it would plateau quickly. 

Neither team really need a name like Carlo. Both teams need a manager who can and wants to build a team and a legacy rather than an old, big name. 

• Like 1

Enjoy this on a Wednesday evening. 2005/06 Premier League.

Some old names I had forgotten. Morten Gamst Pedersen, Luke Moore, Nigel  Reo Coker, Harry Kewell etc. Some decent goals as well. 

21 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Surely there is no way?

Who remembers that 6-1 vs Pompey on Sky? That was under Sousa wasn't it?

Yep was there that night on a wet Friday night in September as I can remember, totally battered on the day. Was depressing at the time to think only a few months before we were in a championship play off semi final penalty shootout to sitting rock bottom of the championship. Glad the Sousa reign was short and sweet, never could see why he got the job in the first place, he didn't really set the world alight at Swansea anyway.

Since departing Leicester though he's seems to got on alright in europe but I dunno maybe his playing and coaching style isn't suited to the English style. Arsenal are doomed.  

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Some old names I had forgotten. Morten Gamst Pedersen, Luke Moore, Nigel  Reo Coker, Harry Kewell etc. Some decent goals as well. 

The iconic ball as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

19 minutes worth of fantastic goals. What a year that was for the PL.

Cahill's goal was ridiculous. Never seen a defender get up so high to volley.

On 10/12/2019 at 15:09, Steven said:

We need Liverpool to do a Devon Loch!

You need a very unique commentator to throw a not so innocent remark at the right moment: Liverpool can't lose.

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

My non Leicester related wish for this season is that Everton get flushed down to the championship - this could help that along 

7 hours ago, surrifox said:

My non Leicester related wish for this season is that Everton get flushed down to the championship - this could help that along 

My non-Leicester wish is that arsenal fails to stabilise, and ends up in real concerns about relegation, rather than it just being doomsaying... i doubt that they’d actually relegate, so i’m keeping it realistic

Edited by Sianist

7 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

How's that for value

That would be a great signing. I was hoping we might be in for him. £7.25m is great business....unless you're Red Bull Salzburg.

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

That would be a great signing. I was hoping we might be in for him. £7.25m is great business....unless you're Red Bull Salzburg.

Hwang has looked decent in the few CL games I've seen him in as well. Could be worth a look at.

• Like 1

Anybody else watching :pearson: interview :ph34r: on the Watford FC website it’s a good watch!

I genuinely wish him the best, wouldn’t surprise me if he pulls off a result on Saturday.

11 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

How's that for value

7.5 my butt. Remember hearing the prices in the teens when we were negotiating for Perez with Newcastle. Look how that ended up.

Red Bull have to be morons and they're not. He'll be sold in the mid 20s by the time its done.

2 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Anybody else watching :pearson: interview :ph34r: on the Watford FC website it’s a good watch!

I genuinely wish him the best, wouldn’t surprise me if he pulls off a result on Saturday.

I would!

18 minutes ago, SO1 said:

7.5 my butt. Remember hearing the prices in the teens when we were negotiating for Perez with Newcastle. Look how that ended up.

Red Bull have to be morons and they're not. He'll be sold in the mid 20s by the time its done.

Erm, it's a release clause of £7.5 million – I can't see anyone bidding more just for a laugh.

43 minutes ago, Langston said:

Erm, it's a release clause of £7.5 million – I can't see anyone bidding more just for a laugh.

You don't think anyone will bid higher?

I remember Arsenal finding out about Luis Suarez's release clause. Arsenal bid 40 mil plus 1 p.

Liverpool owner John Henry's famous quote was "what are they smoking over there at Arsenal" the rest is history as Suarez went to Barcelona the next summer 60/70+mil.

Seems like contract law is negotiable in this instance. @PegguyArphexad might have some knowledge about contracts :)

10 minutes ago, SO1 said:

You don't think anyone will bid higher?

I remember Arsenal finding out about Luis Suarez's release clause. Arsenal bid 40 mil plus 1 p.

Liverpool owner John Henry's famous quote was "what are they smoking over there at Arsenal" the rest is history as Suarez went to Barcelona the next summer 60/70+mil.

Seems like contract law is negotiable in this instance. @PegguyArphexad might have some knowledge about contracts :)

That wasn't a release clause, though. The clause in Suarez's contract was that should anybody bid *higher* than £40 million - they had to inform the player of said club's interest. 

Edited by Langston
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

If you trigger a player's release clause he's gone. 

You think if not, we'd have sold Ngolo Kante when we did and for how little? 

• Like 1