Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

6 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

To be fair as a season ticket holder without 300pts and now trying to go to a lot of away games, the moves for TV especially away, actually means that I can go to a lot of away games and now get close to 300pts!!

Additionally we keeping getting positive results away from home, so its a pleasure to go and see us win and the crap drive back form Everton where they close every road south isn't so bad!!  And we are a great team to watch at the moment!!

My lad and I have been to about 15-20 away games over the last 3 seasons and the only time he has seen us lose was Wolves in the League last year and we nearly got a draw there!!  So they are all great trips.

Same for me. It will take me years to get my points up to around 300, but all these tv games mean that I can raise my ST points by 15 or so every season just through away games.

I know it is tradition and stuff, but a why is it, that a game played outside on grass has far more games in the winter than in the summer? Seems crazy to me. Still it is the same for all the teams, so not much to do than prepare the best for it.

the champions league is an issue, too. why do they not start playing that until the end of september? if they started that like a month earlier then there would be a lot more free midweeks towards this time of year so everyone at the top could stop crying. 

oh and the fact we have a game in between boxing day and new year's day just because it's a saturday is crazy. the whole point of christmas is that nobody knows what day it is. nobody cares about that saturday 3pm game. we've had a game 2 days before and we've got another one 3 days later. 

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

the champions league is an issue, too. why do they not start playing that until the end of september? if they started that like a month earlier then there would be a lot more free midweeks towards this time of year so everyone at the top could stop crying. 

oh and the fact we have a game in between boxing day and new year's day just because it's a saturday is crazy. the whole point of christmas is that nobody knows what day it is. nobody cares about that saturday 3pm game. we've had a game 2 days before and we've got another one 3 days later. 

Have to say I love the mad football schedule at this time of year.

I love the whole counter-intuitive madness of it. I love the managers moaning, the players griping, the big crowds smelling of hideous after-shave and released from the hell of a family Christmas.

It's one of the few British football traditions that still survives more or less intact.

Long may it last!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ealingfox said:

It's still beyond me why they dont cram in games during August to free up space later, especially in non-tournament years. In August everyones gagging for footy after summer, the weathers still nice and the players need the fitness. Stick a couple of midweeks in there and take the games away from the festive period which has become ridiculous overkill nowadays.

They could do away with those annoying international breaks as well.

3 games in and then no football for 2 weeks? Bin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

arsenal's teams get funnier every week. there's names out of a hat and then there's that. incredible. 

Everton fans acting like appointing Ancelotti is going to instantly turn them into a Champions League club / title contender. :crylaugh:

Yeah, just like the half a billion pounds they've spent on gash over the past 5 years has really helped them progress. :whistle:

It's going to take years to properly overhaul that squad.

Edited by OntarioFox

13 hours ago, ealingfox said:

It's still beyond me why they dont cram in games during August to free up space later, especially in non-tournament years. In August everyones gagging for footy after summer, the weathers still nice and the players need the fitness. Stick a couple of midweeks in there and take the games away from the festive period which has become ridiculous overkill nowadays.

Absolutely agree but ££££

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Plus the fact that the second round takes up four separate midweeks in February and March.