Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not true ..... the higher you finish in your league the larger the percentage of the domestic tv pool you get .........

genuinely couldn't give the slightest of shits about that. the difference between finishing ahead of man city or behind man city will be a few million quid that we will probably waste. 

the difference between finishing ahead of wolves or behind wolves (or spurs, or united etc) will define our whole season's achievements and possibly the future of this club when you think of players and possibly the manager leaving if we don't get a top 4 finish. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

i don't even know what point you are trying to argue. 

if wolves lost tonight we would be 10 points ahead of 5th. if they won we would be 9 points ahead of 5th. which one of those is better for our chances of finishing in the top 4? 

A bicycle ? 

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

nobody is arguing about "not deserving it" or "blaming ourselves" if we drop out of the top four, simply saying we would prefer it if we didn't drop out the top four. and wolves winning tonight made it more likely that we might drop out the top four. not by much, and i still don't think it will happen. but it would've been better for us to be ten points ahead of fifth than nine. that's just common sense and simple maths. 

Leave it man, he just really..really doesn't see it 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What I find utterly amazing is fans thinking that we’re capable of losing a nine point lead over Wolves...... if you really think this is a possibility and it was to happen, then frankly we don’t deserve a place in the top four..... the fact that you find a team nine points behind us more of a threat than the team a point behind us is just pure pessimism.... we’ve not dropped nine points all season in the time frame needed to throw this away..... get a grip lads come on....

I think we are capable of losing 9 points, of we get 3 or 4 injuries and suspensions.....who knows.  Likely hood is low, but I'm a guy who wants the fat lady to sing before I count my chickens

Saturdays match is about the team being able to bounce back, if not we are at risk of losing our top 4 slot

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

genuinely couldn't give the slightest of shits about that. the difference between finishing ahead of man city or behind man city will be a few million quid that we will probably waste. 

the difference between finishing ahead of wolves or behind wolves (or spurs, or united etc) will define our whole season's achievements and possibly the future of this club when you think of players and possibly the manager leaving if we don't get a top 4 finish. 

That’s obvious ....I was just pointing out that your statement wasn’t 100% right .......

Edited by st albans fox

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Wolves could beat Liverpool; six points off the teams we get mullered by. They’ve taken six points of City then they have a chance off Liverpool in my view. There problem is with the weaker teams.

Norwich beat Manchester City as well, it’s all relative, Liverpool are consistently good And they are in a league of their own, if they don’t win the title now they will have seriously flunked it. I underwrote their chances quiet stupidly but they are proving they are a solid team. They have the strength in depth to cope with injuries and suspensions and they just win games.

Wolves are a good team, but I think They will remain fighting for that 4th place I am not worried by them and I don’t think Manchester City would be either. Chelsea are pretty inconsistent more so than us, one week they beat Spurs next week they lose to Southampton. Barring our defeats to Liverpool and Manchester City we have done well.

We have dipped in form, but the January window is approaching and we can one or two players that can make a difference.

• Like 1

Just now, ScouseFox said:

nobody is arguing about "not deserving it" or "blaming ourselves" if we drop out of the top four, simply saying we would prefer it if we didn't drop out the top four. and wolves winning tonight made it more likely that we might drop out the top four. not by much, and i still don't think it will happen. but it would've been better for us to be ten points ahead of fifth than nine. that's just common sense and simple maths. 

Common sense and simple maths? How many cans have you had over the festive period?? We’re nine points clear.... what evidence have you seen of us throwing that away. I can’t actually believe that this debate is going on.... so if we go by your logic and so called common sense, you are suggesting that we’re going to go on a raging losing spree and throw away nine points? Something we haven’t done all season? We’ve had a wobble against the two best teams on the division, had City not have lost a man it could have been different but that’s that. Outside of Man City and Liverpool were the best team in the league when on form. We will finish in the top four and probably none points clear of Wolves. Stop searching for any negative you can....

• Like 1

Kudos to Wolves. They are a solid and strong team and showed how to fight the big boys. Obviously helps when Ederson doesn't get away with his brainfarts, but still pretty sure Wolves would have put up a decent show compared to our complete surrender. Traore is a beast. Wow. 

How are Traore allowed to shoulder barge into the back of a player and knock him off the ball and then set up the 2-2 goal though? I know @The Bear likes to moan about VAR and decisions going against them, but they got away with one there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah and that Southampton result against Chelsea was a real kick in the teeth 

And we got Villa and Southampton to play again. Real 6 pointers those.

• Like 2

Just now, Rigga said:

Fans happier that the gap from us to 5th has gone from 10 pts to 9pts ..... Jeez... Some nutters about 

Maybe these nutters have more faith in our team

How anyone is being critical of us is beyond me. Half way point in the season and we are 2nd in the league above Man City. I feel like we could be 15 points clear at the top, lose a game and people would find something to complain about. 

• Like 4

Just now, st albans fox said:

That’s obvious ....I was just pointing out that your weren’t right .......

well obviously there is technically a difference between second, third or fourth. but to the fan and the players there pretty much isn't. there's a reason there's a race for the title and a race for the top 4. there's no race for second. or third. cos they are irrelevant. what you get is a big fat pay cheque and a big fat qualification for champions league football. 

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

How anyone is being critical of us is beyond me. Half way point in the season and we are 2nd in the league above Man City. I feel like we could be 15 points clear at the top, lose a game and people would find something to complain about. 

Exactly. And it's always the same old names doing it

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Kudos to Wolves. They are a solid and strong team and showed how to fight the big boys. Obviously helps when Ederson doesn't get away with his brainfarts, but still pretty sure Wolves would have put up a decent show compared to our complete surrender. Traore is a beast. Wow. 

How are Traore allowed to shoulder barge into the back of a player and knock him off the ball and then set up the 2-2 goal though? I know @The Bear likes to moan about VAR and decisions going against them, but they got away with one there.

Watching it again, mendy chooses to take on traore by seeing the ball out and tries to cut across him with his body ... mendy chooses to take the physical contact and in those terms it’s a coming together and no foul ......

Fair play to Wolves that was a great result for them and puts more pressure on us in terms of the top 4. They are better than Chelsea though and it could be both of us make it. More disappointing than them closing the gap is the way they have no inhibitions about playing Man City or Liverpool etc. Yes, it was against a 10 man team, but, I hate to say it, they had far more grit, desire and tactical nous than us at the moment. Brendan needs to up our game. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Wolves winning is a fantastic result for us.

First off they’re a decent side, who are currently nine points behind us, if you’re worried about wolves catching us then you’re willing to accept we will throw away a nine point lead..... if that was to happen we wouldn’t deserve a place in the top four.

It’s a physiological boost for us, can you imagine how those players would feel going into tomorrow having lost to both City and Liverpool and slipping down to third? As it goes we haven’t, and we’re still a point clear, our team talk tomorrow is done, dust yourselves down go out there and restore the gap between us and them.

It is a great result, and cheers to our neighbours for doing us a favour, now stop being a bunch of ostriches, pull your heads out of the sand and cheer us on tomorrow to batter West Ham.

COME ON YOU BLUE BASTARDS! 

Trust me, you couldn't be more wrong.

Chelsea had the same amount of points as us a few weeks a go when there was about a 12pt gap between 4th and 5th and now there place is under threat. In less than a week we could find ourselves 3-5pts ahead of 5th place and then we're in a proper battle for CL football having been 14pts clear of 5th a couple of weeks a go. 

Anyone who thinks Man City are bigger rivals to our CL spot than Wolves don't have a grasp on the situation. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Common sense and simple maths? How many cans have you had over the festive period?? We’re nine points clear.... what evidence have you seen of us throwing that away. I can’t actually believe that this debate is going on.... so if we go by your logic and so called common sense, you are suggesting that we’re going to go on a raging losing spree and throw away nine points? Something we haven’t done all season? We’ve had a wobble against the two best teams on the division, had City not have lost a man it could have been different but that’s that. Outside of Man City and Liverpool were the best team in the league when on form. We will finish in the top four and probably none points clear of Wolves. Stop searching for any negative you can....

firstly i'm not sure what you're on about when you keep saying we haven't dropped 9 points all season? we've dropped 7 points in the last two weeks? 

and i'll say it again and probably for the last time. i don't think we will end up finishing behind wolves. i really hope we don't. but, call me crazy, i think we are less likely to finish behind wolves if wolves drop points as well. 

• Like 2

Wait - people are glad Wolves won???

its not about having faith. I don’t care how we do it. I don’t care if 16 other teams forfeit the rest of the year. All that matters is finishing top 4. Surely everybody thinks Man City is a lock for top 4, right? So they are not a competitor for a top 4 place. Wolves are. The 10 vs 9 point thing is kind of a red herring. It’s more about who we have the lead over vs a point difference. It’s 3 point difference bc a direct competitor for top 4 picked up 3 points from a losing position - or two from late winner if you want to concede draw

obv it is what it is. But this isn’t like some kind of debate. The result today was the worst one for us. Period. 

Edited by Bats8711
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Fans happier that the gap from us to 5th has gone from 10 pts to 9pts ..... Jeez... Some nutters about 

I think we should revisit this after 23rd January. IF we are still talking about Wolves in 5th, and the gap to them is less than 9 points then the argument will be justified.

Im going to stick my neck out and say one of Spurs or Man Utd will be above the come that date.

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Leave it man, he just really..really doesn't see it 😂

so confusing what's going on in this thread. 

people would rather us be 9 points ahead of 5th than 10 points ahead of 5th. i'm going to bed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All the talk in the studio about touches on the foot ......no mention of mane at Anfield ......Owen arguing that mahrez shouldn’t go down ....didn’t hear him say that about his fooking Livarpool cheating scumbag .....

• Like 3