Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

It's not the case this season of "same old Arsenal... always cheating" this year its "same old Arsenal... always losing" Fixtures don't get easier for them Man U at home next, come new years day it's possible they could only be three points from bottom three. Credit me if I'm wrong but Arsenal in there history have never been relegated at any level?

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

It's not the case this season of "same old Arsenal... always cheating" this year its "same old Arsenal... always losing" Fixtures don't get easier for them Man U at home next, come new years day it's possible they could only be three points from bottom three. Credit me if I'm wrong but Arsenal in there history have never been relegated at any level?

Never been out of the top flight, only Everton have the same history.

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

I didn't want Chelsea to win, I'm saying there is no control over it and you can only truly influence your own games.

But they wanted to win a Club World Championship so they took it seriously..

Yes, but the point is klopp was moaning about Liverpool’s fixtures over Christmas, where in reality is Liverpools first team haven’t really played any more than anyone else and have ended up with an extra days rest time. 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

we're 11 points ahead of 5th and people overreacting because chelsea won lol 

It’s really not overreacting. It’s expressing disappointment that a result that was going our way got turned on its head with two late goals. 

• Like 2

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Footballs about entertainment and you can’t deny that watching arsenal lose isn’t entertainment

exactly, we arent desperate for anyone to drop points so just enjoy the football ffs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

we're 11 points ahead of 5th and people overreacting because chelsea won lol 

I wouldnt call it sn overreaction but yeah i agree, we are 11 ooints ahead of 5th and on top of that our competition are a very inconsistent Chelsea, United and Spurs teams. Im very confident.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Footballs about entertainment and you can’t deny that watching arsenal lose isn’t entertainment

I certainly can’t. Silver linings in everything. But rooting for LCFCs best interests takes precedent over anything else. 

I do not like guendouzi. Anybody notice how when he pulled back their player in the box he did the VERY dramatic “get up” thing - EXACTLY the same he did when he pulled down Cags? Like. You fouled him. It really makes you want for him to actually get punished for it more 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

I wouldnt call it sn overreaction but yeah i agree, we are 11 ooints ahead of 5th and on top of that our competition are a very inconsistent Chelsea, United and Spurs teams. Im very confident.

saying this is "AWFUL" for us is an overreaction like, calm it down lol like it's nice for them to drop points, but the way the reaction in here was it was like it was last day and those two goals have dumped us out of top 4 

We control our own destiny. Chelsea may have won and then get spanked by Brighton on new years making it all a moot 3 points.

Just like we need to win the next game to keep us in the champs league places

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes, but the point is klopp was moaning about Liverpool’s fixtures over Christmas, where in reality is Liverpools first team haven’t really played any more than anyone else and have ended up with an extra days rest time. 

They've played one extra game compared to the those in the league cup quarters, two more than the rest. 

I wouldn't say they've had it that much better than anyone really. 

He's moaning because the turn around time is a bit ridiculous, that's for everyone. 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

saying this is "AWFUL" for us is an overreaction like, calm it down lol like it's nice for them to drop points, but the way the reaction in here was it was like it was last day and those two goals have dumped us out of top 4 

Win every game and we are nailed on for second, that’s how I look at it

• Like 1

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yes “awful” is an overreaction. Didn’t see anybody say that but I’d agree that’s overdoing it a bit. 

Id just say that I’d rather not wait til the last day to get dumped out of CL. 11 point gap is great. You know what’s better? More than 11. 

It would've been nice if it ended 1-1 but Chelsea are so inconsistent, I'm more worried about Spurs then Chelsea. 

That’s pretty much nailed on to happen as well.

Not bothered with the Chelsea win, though it does increase the gap between fourth and fifth which must annoy the teams like Man U, Spuds and the Arse because they just cant get in amongst  the CL places.

Of course. But how likely do you think that is to happen?  Does it not make sense that for every point the teams below us thru man utd drop, it’s a point we don’t have to gain? 

Keep performing and we clinch a CL spot which anyone of us would have more than settled for and something we have only achieved once before. We are already an established PL club and hopefully we continue to build. Cannot help but laugh at Arsenal and their entitled fans and AFTV is comedy gold at least they have the thought of Ndidi joining them at the end of the week

Even if West Ham were poor our second team still got 3 points which is brilliant so as long as everyone that steps on the pitch for us gives 100% we should get top 4. We have a nice cushion at the minute just need to keep ticking along. The media won’t be bothered by us any more especially if wolves carry on winning they will likely spend the rest of the season going on about wolves for top 4 and forget about us and let us do our thing